Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: The Sims 4 Seasons stream

Comments

• Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    edited June 2018
    Pity... I must work.. Do you think the video will be found on youtube?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited June 2018
    @MissNightOwl It doesn't matter if the outfit you choose for hot or cold weather doesn't look wintry or summery. Whatever you choose for them to wear will protect them from extreme hot or cold. That was done this way so whatever CC clothing we now have will work for every season. Simply choosing an outfit for either category will make that outfit work no matter what season is happening in the game. :)
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm only just going through the live stream, and I have to say I really like a lot of the new CAS. The toddler clothes are especially adorable :)
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    EuphoriaQueen THANKS!
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    @MissNightOwl It doesn't matter if the outfit you choose for hot or cold weather doesn't look wintry or summery. Whatever you choose for them to wear will protect them from extreme hot or cold. That was done this way so whatever CC clothing we now have will work for every season. Simply choosing an outfit for either category will make that outfit work no matter what season is happening in the game. :)

Thank you for your respond @Paigeisin5, but it still doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, let's say it's summer and there's heatwave. My Sim will wear his everyday outfit in the house and change in the warm outfit when going outside, right? It seems pointless, I just don't really see the use for that category. Maybe because I compare it to real life, where usually in summer I simply wear the same clothes during summer both inside and outside. I don't know, maybe it will be better when I actually play the game.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I think the both categories will help modders to create unique outfits for the seasons! I know from living in Los Angeles, sometimes I wear something which I thought in the morning was a great choice. However later I suddenly realize it got much hotter during the day, that I have to get another top to stand the heat outside! ;) So I think it sure does make sense.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    I think the both categories will help modders to create unique outfits for the seasons! I know from living in Los Angeles, sometimes I wear something which I thought in the morning was a great choice. However later I suddenly realize it got much hotter during the day, that I have to get another top to stand the heat outside! ;) So I think it sure does make sense.

I know such situation, but I connect them more with spring and autumn. That's when I usually take some light jacket or a hoodie when going out in the morning. Therefore I would leave the everyday category for normal clothes (like blouse or top with jeans or shorts), and make the additional category for colder spring/autumn mornings/evenings.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I'm having trouble understanding the clothing categories also. It seems they put on cold weather outfits to go out into the cold but don't remove them when they come inside.
  • GennyxoGennyxo Posts: 3 New Member
    > @szMermaid said:
    > I love the sound of the thunderstorm and all the little details..

Yeeees! Same!
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    @RubyDoo no they didn't and there didn't seem to be an option for it sadly
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I still don't really understand the hot weather outfit category. It's such wasted potential in my opinion. It'd be so much better to have category for 'mediocre weather' (so rain clothes, some warmer sweaters etc.), and then cold category for typical winter outwear. I'm pretty disappointed with that (but on the good side, it's probably the only really negative thing I see so far).

The hot weather clothing is for sims to not get overheated in the Summer during heat waves.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Bubblyboo2Bubblyboo2 Posts: 52 Member
    Someone plz help me I am super confused! You know how there is now the hot and cold outfit category thing (Like with the everyday wear and swim wear part) I don't really get why it is there! Because if sims become "Immune" to the hot or cold weather when wearing clothes in that category and always change into it when they go outside what is the point of everyday wear anymore?
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited June 2018

Toddler boy and girl's hair and clothes
    rpHdnc5.png
    wEF3YvW.png
    umidP4S.png
    yPOvnNs.png
    ddF8REP.png

Those little rain boots are precious!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I love all the new CAS items. Especially the toddler clothes! I just wish they had a couple more new hairs.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2018
    I like what I am seeing and I understand the situation with the snow issue which might affect the immersion effects with some players and it affects me as well. However, seeing concessions made with Sims 4 throughout this version, I guess it is something I can live with. I am still going to get this pack at discount and I can work with it. Now the wait for University begins. :) P.S. I like the pack but I do not love it.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    I'm having trouble understanding the clothing categories also. It seems they put on cold weather outfits to go out into the cold but don't remove them when they come inside.

Wait what? Sims will auto switch into the cold weather category for going outdoors but don’t change back into their everyday outfit when coming back indoors?

Then what is the point?
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @EuphorialQueen -thanks for posting this. It looks great, although they didn't really touch base on one of the release videos where he catches the lightning, but maybe he is a storm chaser. Very cool. Can't wait for this pack to get released.
    lol I looked on the calendar today and thought, oh wow, just a week to go. Those trashplants in Murkland are gonna die in the snow....poor things. lol
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »

I know such situation, but I connect them more with spring and autumn. That's when I usually take some light jacket or a hoodie when going out in the morning. Therefore I would leave the everyday category for normal clothes (like blouse or top with jeans or shorts), and make the additional category for colder spring/autumn mornings/evenings.

I think the point of the new clothing categories is to help protect sims from the new deaths. That's why it's hot and cold. You can still change them into those clothes anytime, so you can have them wear their hot clothes in summer both indoors and out. Personally I would find it annoying to go into CAS and keep changing their everyday clothes, so they can wear shorts in summer. Also sims will basically have air conditioning inside, so it still makes sense if they wear their everyday inside, or they can turn the air conditioning off to save money and wear their hot outfit to keep cool instead.
    edited June 2018
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

Thank you for your respond @Paigeisin5, but it still doesn't make much sense to me. I mean, let's say it's summer and there's heatwave. My Sim will wear his everyday outfit in the house and change in the warm outfit when going outside, right? It seems pointless, I just don't really see the use for that category. Maybe because I compare it to real life, where usually in summer I simply wear the same clothes during summer both inside and outside. I don't know, maybe it will be better when I actually play the game.

@MissNightOwl - I think it will have an effect for winter for the new death...freeze to death. If you don't wear your winter attire and go out in regular clothing, you could freeze to death. Not sure what happens in the summer with a heatwave but there is death from exhaustion, could there be death from heat stroke? I don't know.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    If you don't wear your winter attire and go out in regular clothing, you could freeze to death. Not sure what happens in the summer with a heatwave but there is death from exhaustion, could there be death from heat stroke? I don't know.

But the Sims autonomously change into cold or hot weather outfits when they go outside, so it seems you'd have to actively change their outfit to force the "risk" of death.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    The calendar is pretty nifty.

No more insta-weddings! Think I'll do a lot more actual weddings (and more parties) now that I can plan them in advance.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)