Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's with this new update?

So an update happened. I went to do a yoga event and the option to tap and move it along was not there! It gave a "faster" option which involves spending cupcakes I dont have. When I didn't choose that option it went to the 3 hour task with no way to tap and speed it up. What is going on?!?! I hope this is a glitch.

Comments

• HumheadHumhead Posts: 1 New Member
    One thing I noticed after the update is all my add x to energy bathroom items aren't counting any more. My toilet says it will give 6 but gives 2. Is it just me?
  • Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    Humhead wrote: »
    One thing I noticed after the update is all my add x to energy bathroom items aren't counting any more. My toilet says it will give 6 but gives 2. Is it just me?

Mine is doing that too. My toilet is down to 2 energy. Now my game is letting me tap through events again, but still very off.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    i did not get an update @rosemow did you get an update?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member

I think that the update is automatic. When you next play the game, it will update unlike previous times when you needed to go to the update app section on the App Store.
    rosemow wrote: »

I think that the update is automatic. When you next play the game, it will update unlike previous times when you needed to go to the update app section on the App Store.

@rosemow I went in the game to set up all my tasks while I'm sleeping. I did not get a spinny plumbob download that shows up in the upper right hand corner of the game where you get updates. I also tested my toilet and my energy is working . I'm not seeing anything in my game that others have posted in this thread I just tested this and went in the game again
    rosemow wrote: »

@rosemow I went in the game to set up all my tasks while I'm sleeping. I did not get a spinny plumbob download that shows up in the upper right hand corner of the game where you get updates. I also tested my toilet and my energy is working . I'm not seeing anything in my game that others have posted in this thread I just tested this and went in the game again

I am not having these issues also. I didn’t have a download screen, but I do think that my game is updated as the graphics look a bit different.
    Yeah, I just went to check my game and I'm still not getting enough energy from items. My bed normally gives me 23 and is giving me 10. My toilet is only offering 2... ugh I wish I knew why this was happening.
    Ey8EYdU.jpg
    Look at the amount of sim cash it says I have. Lol if course I tried to rush and spend it but unfortunately it won't let me buy anything. XN3oph0.jpg
  • JoysieJoysie Posts: 36 Member
    I also have the energy problem. My bed should give 23, but gives 10. Toilet should give 6, but gives 2, etc.
    Hello
    I just got the update now. The cupcake was a part of the tutorial introducing the feature that you can use cupcakes now to speed up events. I am having the issue with the bed, shower and toilet also.
  • TheLumayaTheLumaya Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone. I basically just registered to tell that I too am not happy with this update.

At first I was pleased with the heirloom change, so after I got one for free, I decided to buy two more (one green and one blue one) and though it counted off my tickets, I didn't recieve any new heirlooms. Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem?

Second thing is the problem that most players report in this thread - the energy issue. The energy levels for everything dropped to its original levels. I sure hope EA will fix this soon beacuse I didn't spend all that money and tickets on buying new toilets and beds just for my energy levels to be low now.
    Hello everyone
    SimguruMaiike has posted that it is just a visual bug. You will receive the correct energy when using the items

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/The-Sims-Mobile-Update-June-13th-2018-Patch-Notes/m-p/6861103/highlight/true#M8424
    Hi everybody!

I wanted to let you know that we have a visual bug in the newest version of the game (11.0.0.167828) that may cause you some concerns.

When you click on the energy objects (toilet/bed/shower/bath) it shows that it gives you just the base amount of energy, without the energy from supporting objects.
    This is a visual bug, your Sims will get the correct amount of energy, with the energy from the supporting objects added to it.

To know what the correct amount of energy is, tap on the energy bar for your Sim and it will show you there.
    energy.jpg
    We're sorry about this and we're working on fixing this bug.
    I hate the new cupcake instead of energy :s every time I start an event , if i don't take the faster option, my screen will say there. i have to log in out out of my game every time i start an event
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    When I did the tutorial about speeding up events using cupcakes, it went into a "special task". My retired sim had lost her photo album and wanted my sim to help. If I spent $10, I could gain something like 15% of time on events for the next four hours (but only for that sim, I think). A cupcake would give a 10% boost in time, or I could make my sim sad :(. I went with the cupcake, as I have plenty saved up at the moment, and it cut 20 mins of my sim's hobby quick shift, but now it's down to only 4 minutes off, I think.

It's nice having new things to do but I don't like that they're trying to get you to use up simcash or cupcakes for it.

It's nice having new things to do but I don't like that they're trying to get you to use up simcash or cupcakes for it.

This. I want energy back
  • Geshisa47Geshisa47 Posts: 60 Member
    I had to go to the Google store to get the update downloaded for it would not upload automatically like it usually does. This update is very different, but you now have the option to change a trait but will cost you some tickets and the store for the sims traits really have changed alot and is very different. Alot of surprises, but we will see how people simmers will feel about it as well.
    TTKIncorporated
  • Geshisa47Geshisa47 Posts: 60 Member
    I even noticed that the inventory have changed some too. New items have been added.
    TTKIncorporated
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    This update is 🐸🐸🐸🐸, you can't rebuild your house anymore without having to spend Home tickets....
  • Giulyano03Giulyano03 Posts: 11 New Member
    This update is pretty useless, there are still plenty of important things that have to be added to the game
  • Why_tho_101Why_tho_101 Posts: 3 New Member
    Can’t say I’m a fan of being forced to use cupcakes or sim cash... in the special task I had, the free options would make my sim sick. Has anybody tried out these consequences??

The heirloom store is interesting.... however I just spent 25 heirloom tickets and literally nothing happened. I’m assuming it’s a glitch but I’m not pleased they were wasted ☹️
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    edited June 2018
    in the last update was introduced Surprising Choices, but it lacks a visual response that the sim is under the effect of a choice.
    A good option would be to introduce moddlets or change the background color of the sim avatars as in the sims 4.
    Another visual response I miss is at parties where most of the time I do not know who the host is. Should have a special plumbob over the host
    I found this update weak, there was no addition of new stories and neither opened the waterfront or added clothes. It has 2 hats and 1 jewel to be won using sims tickets in the store, but nothing relevant.
    Something I noticed in the faster tutorial is a painting hobby icon. I hope you come soon!
    But I found the update definitely weak.

And I loved that they finally fixed Izzy's bug
    Can’t say I’m a fan of being forced to use cupcakes or sim cash... in the special task I had, the free options would make my sim sick. Has anybody tried out these consequences??

The heirloom store is interesting.... however I just spent 25 heirloom tickets and literally nothing happened. I’m assuming it’s a glitch but I’m not pleased they were wasted ☹️

Your heirloom should be in your heirloom case if you have one and also in inventory
  • JoysieJoysie Posts: 36 Member
    A quest for 1 hour will now be 30 min when I use a cupcake. But when the cupcake gave me 30 energy, I was able to finisch a 1 hour quest almodt instantly by clicking through it. Anyone else noticed????
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    edited June 2018
    If you are loosed a hot tub dreams event early this year, I have good news for you!

Now you can buy a hot tub itens (inclued a hot tub) on the new surprising choices! Its great!
    I see it on my game now and the options are:

- Buy a hot tub 2000 simcashs
    - Buy a ilumined wall 200
    - Buy a plant 100 simcash
    - I don't like sun (and you won't buy nothing!)

So yes, it's expensive but it's a good option if you won't have a hot tub
    https://imgur.com/Lr9NMzp