Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My save won't load even though I have the packs installed in Origin!

So I was heading back to play Sims 3 today when I discovered that the first save I made in which I played with Generations, Pets, & Seasons on I can no longer load because it tells me it has expansion pack content that has been removed. I'm not too familiar with how Sims 3 and the launcher works but it says on Origin that I have the packs in question (I did buy them on Steam but activated them on Origin) so I don't understand what's wrong..? If anyone can help that'd be appreciated.
Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Welcome to what is probably Patch 1.69. Regardless of what Origin says, does the Launcher show as "1.69.(some other digits)" on its front page and on the "new" Packs & Stuff tab, are all of your EPs showing up as expected and are they all checked off to load up? Those playing on 1.69 have to check this every time at startup as the Launcher is notorious for "forgetting" these checked off selections in between game sessions. Sometimes they fail to show up at all and a computer reboot, perhaps several tries, and sometimes a Repair Game on TS3 are required.

If the game save still fails to load, can you start a new test game and is content from each of these packs showing up as available?

Also worth asking, do you also have a TS3 install by way of Steam at all on this system or was it only used for purchase/code retrieval and never installed that way?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Welcome to what is probably Patch 1.69. Regardless of what Origin says, does the Launcher show as "1.69.(some other digits)" on its front page and on the "new" Packs & Stuff tab, are all of your EPs showing up as expected and are they all checked off to load up? Those playing on 1.69 have to check this every time at startup as the Launcher is notorious for "forgetting" these checked off selections in between game sessions. Sometimes they fail to show up at all and a computer reboot, perhaps several tries, and sometimes a Repair Game on TS3 are required.

If the game save still fails to load, can you start a new test game and is content from each of these packs showing up as available?

Also worth asking, do you also have a TS3 install by way of Steam at all on this system or was it only used for purchase/code retrieval and never installed that way?

Thanks for the help! After what happened yesterday I bring up the launcher now and my 3 packs show up again, though I'll still answer: The launcher says it's version 1.69.43.024017, it did actually tell me that I have new packs/expansion content now and yes they were not checked (yesterday my packs didn't even appear at all in the tab as if I never had them on Origin even though Origin said otherwise). I did repair my game and shut off my computer last night so it must've fixed it for now. My save does show up ready to be loaded now! As for pertaining to Steam, I only bought the TS3 bundle that came with the base game plus Generations, Pets, and Seasons but never installed them into my comp from Steam, I instead took all their codes and activated them on Origin and Origin recognized them; it's how I got to start my save going in the first place.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    Glad you got it going. It will likely happen again though, but you know what to do. Origin is not what one could ever call the height of stability and reliability unfortunately. Many of us find that the Steam alternative, for the actual installs, works out better or at least provides fewer barriers to actually getting the game and its packs to start up as they should.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net