Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 VR, do you own a VR headset ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
Hi,

Before to speculate about The Sims 4 VR, I would like to know how many of us already own a VR headset.

The Sims 4 VR, do you own a VR headset ? 94 votes

Yes for PlayStation
3%
knazzerMoonCrossWarrior22SayoLoire 3 votes
Yes for PC
6%
CK213GRIMMYIceyJPopcornHotsauceelelunicyskip 6 votes
Yes for Mac
1%
Bagoas77 1 vote
Yes for Xbox
0%
No
89%
LeGardePourpreErja888Lomelindi7Jessa_DakkarPlayerSinger2010KelleygirlWritin_RegSimburianCherryrose_xsimgirl1010robyngravesdrake_mccartyg01denswanNeverSeemsToEndluthienrisingloubyloulouMindofyLizzychicagoChanticotaydev 84 votes

Comments

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    No
    I don't own any, as Its not in our priority in our family as of now, and also its very rare to find this vr thingy at my country.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Yes for PC
    I own both HTC Vive (bought at launch) and Oculus Rift (couldn’t resist when Facebook dropped the price to $400) for PC. I’m considering buying the Primax “8k” headset once it’s available publicly as the new Vive Pro’s resolution increase is disappointing for the price they’re asking.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    No
    I have a freebie I got for spending $50 (you stick a smartphone in it). It’s not compatible with any non-mobile VR games, but it was an interesting gimmick to pass an hour (which is all it’s been used, ever). Not interested in buying an actual VR headset at this time.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Yes for PC
    I have a Windows Mixed Reality Headset and an Oculus Go.
    I will probably get a Vive or Rift when they have higher resolutions and wireless connections.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    No
    No, I don't. I'm curious though about why speculate. We know it's not coming any time soon:

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    No because VR really does not interest me I've seen nothing that makes it worth getting.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    No
    My PC is capable of VR but I have no desire to own a headset at this time. Talk to me in a few years if VR develops a little further.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No
    I get dizzy and nauseated playing some video games on the PC... so no way I'm trying VR until it's extremely mainstream and that problem has been addressed and mostly conquered.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    No
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I get dizzy and nauseated playing some video games on the PC... so no way I'm trying VR until it's extremely mainstream and that problem has been addressed and mostly conquered.

This. I've got very sick from 1st player shooters on the console, I absolutely can't imagine even trying VR.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    No
    No thanks. I tried it once at a friend's house and threw up. But even if it didn't make folks sick, I still wouldn't want one. Not my style of gaming.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No
    I do not really see a pont to VR. But then I prefer gaming the old fashioned w asy anyway.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    No
    I get motion sick from first person shooters, I’d probably die if I tried VR.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I don't, but my hubby has a VR set - Oculus Rift - for PC.

I will say the VR version of Google Earth is very cool. Other than that, I'm not that interested at this time. I'd need a new computer as well as a VR headset.
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    No
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I get motion sick from first person shooters, I’d probably die if I tried VR.

same
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    No
    I've got the option to download Oculus for my HP Omen so might get a headset sometime in the future. It depends what's available. If it enables looking round Gallery houses online, I'd get it!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    No
    I tried two last year and decided not to purchase as they both made me severely ill. I will never go to VR on pc.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yes for PlayStation
    Yes for Playstation 4

I have it for the PS4 and I play VR Skyrim, I wish there was more actual VR games (It's lacking in games atm, kinda sad if ya ask me...), Sims VR would be nice, being able to look around your home, watch sims do their own things, also I wish to be able to have the option to enter a sims body in first person and watch them live their lives, it would be very immersive. I want to try out my incarnation challenge with sims VR, I'd enjoy it A LOT! I hope Maxis tries this one day. :P

I can imagine playing sims VR with seasons expansion, oh dear! being hit by lightning would be a shocking experience! :D

As for motion sickness; they could apply a system for those that are sensitive to it; kinda like what Bethesda did for Skyrim VR. I still prefer not using any anti-motion sickness mechanics though; since I can adapt to it the more I keep playing it. :)
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here