Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else collect these

So i have made it a personal hobby to collect these little things:
fawn4y.jpg
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I aim to complete every single collection :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I aim to complete every single collection :)

How many are there?
    2llotup.jpg
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yes, my Collector Sim Leanne Summers has a set. There are 20 total MySims trophies. I'm not sure how many collections, I'd have to take a look in game. Anyway, It took forever since the rare MySims at that time were mostly only available on Sixam. Since they updated the treasure boxes, it only takes my Sims a few search sessions to get the rares now though. I'm glad they did that, makes the treasure maps worth using now. :)
  • Options
    VenessaVeeVenessaVee Posts: 187 Member
    :o Where do you collect this cute little things!?
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Not on purpose! My Sim completed the collector aspiration by collecting all of the MySims trophies, but only because they're about ten times more common than crystals and metals. I think he's completed the collection twice over now. He gets so excited when he gets one of those time capsules, and I'm like, 'Meh. It's another stupid trophy.'
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    VenessaVee wrote: »

I usually get them from my sim digging up time capsules
    2llotup.jpg
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Of course, love collections. I find this one to be one of the hardest though.. I get so many repeats. I try to pick a few different collections that suit the hobbies/interests of each sim I play in my save. Eventually I will tick them all off! :#
  • Options
    hunniboo1 wrote: »

I usually get them from my sim digging up time capsules

Oh cool.. Sorry, I'm kinda new to the Sims 4 but where do you find the time capsules?
  • Options
    techblogger911techblogger911 Posts: 21 Member
    I just started collecting these, it looks really cute can't ignore them.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I agree, they're adorable. Here's Leanne's full collection:

4DII7CR.png

Happy Simming! <3

EDIT: @VenessaVee You can find them at all the dig spots. For each different kind of dig spot you have a chance of getting one. For instance, if the dig spot looks like it has crystals, you'll get a crystal or a time capsule, if it looks like it has fossils, you'll get a fossil or a time capsule, etc. Even the dig spots that just look like a dirt pile you'll sometimes get a time capsule. :)

The rares are only available by using a treasure map to "dig for treasure." Probably can still get them on Sixam too if you have the Get To Work EP. The last four in my image are the rares; Tobor, Violet, Goth Boy and Zombie Carl.
  • Options
    @Karababy52 ~ Ohh, thank you so much/ I'll have to give this a try!
  • Options
    @Karababy52 ~ Ohh, thank you so much/ I'll have to give this a try!

You're very welcome, have fun!

Just curious, which one is everyone's favorite? Mine is Violet or maybe the one wearing the frog costume. So cute! I put Chef Gino in almost every Sims' kitchen too. :)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I did it once. No need to do it again.
  • Options
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    How many are there?

Go to your Sim's inventory and click on the diamond shaped icon in the top-left of the inventory window. There are tons of collections to complete.

• Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Where/how do you get treasure maps?
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Good question that I should've answered above, sorry about that. Anyway, you have the possibility of getting a treasure map from the dig sites too. Once you acquire one, the next time you click on a dig site (except the dirt piles) you'll get an option to "dig for treasure." The 'treasure' 99% of the time in my experience is now one of the rare MySim trophies. Treasure maps are only good for one dig site each.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »

Good question that I should've answered above, sorry about that. Anyway, you have the possibility of getting a treasure map from the dig sites too. Once you acquire one, the next time you click on a dig site (except the dirt piles) you'll get an option to "dig for treasure." The 'treasure' 99% of the time in my experience is now one of the rare MySim trophies.

@Karababy52 thanks for answering my question. I’ve had sims complete collections when I’m not playing them, but never actually done it myself. Gunna have to give it a go now.

Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I also collect these things. I just wish they were easier to store like with proper shelves.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @ShadyLady89 You're welcome and good luck! I think collecting is fun and do it often. But, I've only ever completed all the collections (except special occasion ones) with one Sim. I usually just send my Sim collecting when they first start out to sell for simoleans as most are penniless on an empty lot. Other Sims will collect to get items with moodlets attached too, such as elements, fossils, postcards etc. depending on their aspiration and/or career. And of course my gardening Sims collect the harvestables and anglers go for fish. :)
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I agree, they're adorable. Here's Leanne's full collection:

4DII7CR.png

Happy Simming! <3

EDIT: @VenessaVee You can find them at all the dig spots. For each different kind of dig spot you have a chance of getting one. For instance, if the dig spot looks like it has crystals, you'll get a crystal or a time capsule, if it looks like it has fossils, you'll get a fossil or a time capsule, etc. Even the dig spots that just look like a dirt pile you'll sometimes get a time capsule. :)

The rares are only available by using a treasure map to "dig for treasure." Probably can still get them on Sixam too if you have the Get To Work EP. The last four in my image are the rares; Tobor, Violet, Goth Boy and Zombie Carl.

I haven't noticed a difference between dig spots as far as crystals, fossils, metals, time capsules and upgrade parts - the spiky rocks and dirt piles might contain any of them. The only thing that seems to make a difference is having one of the 'nature' aspirations, which makes it more likely that you'll get rare collectibles. (In my Sim's case, it's another rare MySims trophy. He's now just leaving the time capsules out in the desert.)

Oasis Springs seems to be very good for finding spawners, though it probably helps that there are fewer trees than Willow Creek. Newcrest wasn't quite as good. Granite Falls has very few spawners. I did not find any at all in the part of Magnolia Blossoms that I explored - frogs, yes, but no spawners for crystals or trophies. I haven't explored San Myoshuno, though I believe you also have boxes that spawn snow globes there?
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The Science Career is great - go to work, do a couple of jobs... And the entire outside is packed with huge circles of dig spots for the rest of the day. You can come home with about twenty easily.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Yes! The Science Career lot is the best for dig spots! I'd say Oasis Springs is second best, especially the park, loads of them will spawn there. Another area I've found lots of dig spots is the Island in Windenburg, especially on the beaches.

The dig spots aren't all the same, except for the dirt piles. You can get practically anything out of those dirt piles except a rare MySim in my experience. Standard dig spots will look like a rock with fossils, crystals or metal embedded inside and each one will have either that particular object, a treasure map or a time capsule.

One thing I've noticed with the dig spots too is they usually consistently appear after 2 a.m. and the longer you wait, the more will spawn. Probably common knowledge, but thought I'd mention it. :)
  • Options
    You get treasure maps from digging from fossil stone, metal stones and crystal stones. These will sometimes net you a treasure map instead of their usual item.

• Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    No I'm actually sick of them. I send my Sims to dig for crystals and other expensive stuff and they mostly find these creepy figures which are not worth anything :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I love the My Sims figures! They're so cute!