Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Put SOCKS On Your Sims?

Comments

• squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Sometimes
    HueyJefe wrote: »
    I do sometimes, but usually I either don't see the point of it or forget to. It doesn't matter to me since they always wear shoes, but yeah if they took shoes off inside their homes, I would probably put more of them in socks. Once seasons comes out, their feet would freeze off in the winter if they didn't!

It would be cool if Sims could get cold or sick if they have on outerwear in the winter but no socks or shoes!

Yeah, that's a great idea! I can't last five minutes in the winter without socks :D
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • TamskiTamski Posts: 14 New Member
    Never
    I never really thought about it before. I am usually barefoot, so my sims are a lot of the time as well. And if they are wearing shoes I don't usually put socks on them anyway. I will if the outfit looks wrong without them though.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Always
    Always unless they're not appropriate like sandals or high heels. Sometimes I don't if you can't even see the socks in the shoes, but I always try to because of Yoga.

Also, where is this mod? I'm trying to find it now!
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sometimes
    It’s funny that socks are* an everyday thing for most people irl, but you get into game and realize that socks are pretty forgettable bc they don’t really make a difference outside of looks :joy::joy:
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Always
    Of course I do, I'm not a barbarian!

Actually though I normally do but then sometimes I don't even have shoes on them like if the outfit works with it.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • VenessaVeeVenessaVee Posts: 187 Member
    Sometimes
    My sim wears socks to bed.. I guess because during winter time that's what I do ~ I'm always cold!
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Sometimes
    Only if I can see 'em.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sometimes
    Sometimes; but usually only when they are wearing exercise outfits and tennis shoes as it seems weird not to have socks on and not have it covered up with pants, skirts or dresses. The rest of the time, I don't always bother with socks. Now if they are wearing sandals, heels or no shoes, then no. Sometimes they will have tights or stocking; but not regular socks.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    Sometimes
    Depends on the outfit and the shoes. I don't have them wear socks or slippers to bed; if I wear something on my feet at night, my feet feel gross and stinky the next morning so I never bother IRL.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Sometimes
    Depending on the outfit, yes.
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    Never
    Always unless they're not appropriate like sandals or high heels. Sometimes I don't if you can't even see the socks in the shoes, but I always try to because of Yoga.

Also, where is this mod? I'm trying to find it now!

Here you go! It’s under the Random section
    http://littlemssam.de/random-small-mods/
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    Never
    It’s funny that socks are* an everyday thing for most people irl, but you get into game and realize that socks are pretty forgettable bc they don’t really make a difference outside of looks :joy::joy:

Lol exactly
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Sometimes
    Depends on the outfit/shoes. If they're wearing boots I don't bother since it cant be seen. If sneakers like converse, yes.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sometimes
    I always do, unless they're wearing high heels or sandals, or the like.

Never in swimwear, and almost never in formal. But they often wear socks to bed, to keep their little feets warm. c:
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Sometimes
    YES!!!
    Sometimes

Explorers wear socks!
    0b9s0eg8ke4y.jpg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Sometimes
    Movotti wrote: »
    YES!!!
    Sometimes

Explorers wear socks!
    0b9s0eg8ke4y.jpg

He's one grumpy looking explorer lol
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Sometimes
    @mika he's one of those people who will complain about anything and everything.
    The desert is too sandy, the river is too muddy, the market is too spicy
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Ruevera0882Ruevera0882 Posts: 14 New Member
    Never
    No I honestly always forget lol
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Sometimes
    Yes, I make them wear socks depending on the shoes. If they're wearing flats, then of course not.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    Sometimes
    Almost always with pajamas and loungewear.
    Only sometimes with athletic outfits.
    Almost never with party and everyday.
    Never with formal attire for females, but typically on males because the pants are so short.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Always
    I guess I shouldn't say "always"... but I generally do when necessarily. I don't usually make them wear socks for their PJ's though... and obviously, not for their swimwear either.

But if they're wearing shoes or sneakers, I always make sure they have socks on. And if the shoes are open (like flip flops, heels, etc), I don't.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sometimes
    I just ask myself these questions. What type of footwear are they wearing? Will socks help build the outfit? Can I even see the socks through their footwear? Are they a sock wearing sim?
  • AnnabelleAnnabelle Posts: 248 Member
    Sometimes
    Most of the time I put socks on my male Sims when they're wearing pyjamas... I just like the shorts + socks look on them. Depends on what "look" I'm going for.
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Sometimes
    Only when it's athletic wear or it can be visible. Otherwise I just don't see the reason to wear socks if the sim's pants and shoes hide all of it anyway ;):D
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Always
    For me, attention to detail is important.