Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hampers not working

Hi! I have the laundry stuff pack and when my sims put their clothes in the hamper, it won't let me click on the hamper and do the laundry. I can't click the hampers at all, even when it smells and i don't know what to do??

Comments

• DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    I'm having a similar issue, I can click to clean the clothes in the hamper but then my sim will just drop it on the floor and when I click on the clothes on the floor it says no available wash board even though I have one.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Have you tried dragging the clothing to the washer or wash tub?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it could be a placement issue. if moo was used to place the washboard or decor around it, it may not actually be usable for the sim. i recently realized sims weren't using a sink in one of the bathrooms in their house and it wound up being because i had moo'ed a decor item under the sink, thus rendering it unreachable. moved the decor, sink was usable again

and for a while, shelves placed over washer/dryer would render them unusable, even if placed there without moo. so could be something similar to that going on, too
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Try moving the washer and hamper, see if it changes something. My sims at some point couldn't use the toilet because I had placed something too close with the move objects code.
    You can also drag the laundry into the washer and then have your sims wash it.

If you have cc, some of it could cause a bug (at some point my sims could cook but not eat the food, it was because of a cc porch swing I had to remove).