Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's The most Annoying Thing You Find Sims Doing?

Comments

• WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Greetings. "Wilma, long time no see." "So long, it was half an hour!" "OK, I wanted to hug you, now gotta go wash hands!"
    Make drink-inspired(4 hours)-make drink-inspired(4 hours)-make drink-...
    Highchair fight. One household member puts toddler in to eat. Every other member wants to take him out.
    "Hecc, little Leon. What do you want? To play? Let's get you out from that chair. And... What did I want to do?"
    "Nice outfit today. Lookin' good." "Thanks, you look great too." "Wait, Fred wants to talk to me." (half an hour later) "Hey guys, what's up."
    Dogs/cats who do nothing except barking/meowing at their owners.
    Dogs/cats who don't interact with other NPC dogs/cats.
    Playing too much with cowberry.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I have to agree about the greetings. This happens a lot at the Narwhal Arms.

I have a Sim sitting at the bar when one of his Good Friends shows up. Instead of just starting a conversation with his Good Friend, they have to both get up and circle around the bar to shake hands like they just met. They finally get seated again and then their conversation stalls because someone from the other side of the building, that neither one has ever met, decides to join their conversation. And so they wait. And sometimes their conversation gets canceled.

Another thing that annoys me are the NPCs who hog the woodworking tables at the Art Center. I added three more so that my Sims could go there to use them but they can't because the landlord and designated weirdoes are there before my Sim arrives at the lot. And they won't stop. One of the Heckings is guilty of this too. I delete them all.

And then, for some unknown reason, the game decides that the landlord and designated weirdoes become frequent flyers in the area around my Sim's homes. Why? My playable Sims don't need to know them and don't want to know them. Or any of the other pre-mades that endlessly jog around the neighborhood.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    The "surf web" burns me up! If they don't have a computer, they'll just use their cell phones! You can't stop them! And I had a couple of times when my Sims got caught in a continuous loop of web surfing on the phone!

Dude! I'm your all-mighy Watcher, and I will throw that phone in the river, if you don't stop and go enjoy the park! :rage:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    How about when they're watching TV to get their entertainment up, and they start using their phone to play a game? My Sims have been doing that a lot! I'm screaming into the screen "No, no, no!" If I want them to play a game, I'll tell them!
  • hallowhallow Posts: 58 Member
    Autonomously deciding to use the computer when their toddler is still in its high chair and I’ve told them multiple times to take the child out of its high chair. Or maybe it’s when my sim can’t get through the door even though the door is unblocked on both sides and it’s in a reasonable spot.
    I literally don't have a single household without some sort of pet help me
  • hallowhallow Posts: 58 Member
    > @5782341b77vl said:
    > The "surf web" burns me up! If they don't have a computer, they'll just use their cell phones! You can't stop them! And I had a couple of times when my Sims got caught in a continuous loop of web surfing on the phone!
    >
    > Dude! I'm your all-mighy Watcher, and I will throw that phone in the river, if you don't stop and go enjoy the park! :rage:

That’s really annoying, but I have more issues when my sim is at the gym and I’m trying to get her off the phone and she’s playing a game.
    I literally don't have a single household without some sort of pet help me
  • Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    I’ve started to either lock the door or put the computer in my inventory if my sim has people over.They always go to the computer if I don’t!
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,428 Member
    When my toddler has to go the most populated room and it happens to be the bathroom. Gn6sme6.jpg
    I put a wall always between the bathtub with the walls included to separate the toilet, because without it to me it seems like the bathtub is out of place. However like this my sims decide to use the toilet and tub since technically there's a wall blocking the view. If 2 sims go in my toddler will follow and it looks really weird. Like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 kid, privacy? There are 3 bathrooms in this household for 5 sims, 1 for the master bedroom and the other 2 for everyone else.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Full Autonomy
    Musical Chairs.
    When sims worm their way into conversations
    Existence of Toddlers
    Making Friends/Being Nice to their enemy.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Cupid wrote: »
    When you try to talk to someone walking down the street, and both your sim as well as the sim you were trying to talk to run all the way to the very edge of the map to talk. Then when your sim finally gets there, the other sim vanishes.

This makes my blood boil.

Yesssss!
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Autonomous drinking of various teas. Now, I have cheats on, but seriously if you drank that much tea, it's asking for trouble.
    My sim not putting his Grim's Ghastly Guitar back into his inventory.
    My sim's cat deciding to have a fight with a skunk in one of the various toilet plants. I got rid of the toilet plant.

e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    + Sims running towards a place far off just to interact with each other
    + Sims constantly standing up and switching chairs for no discernible reason
    + Sims idling for no reason and it not letting me x out the queue and so it's stuck there forever wasting precious Sim hours
    + Sims randomly flirting with other Sims that I do not want them to flirt with (even if their spouse is right there with them and even ON THE WEDDING DAY)
    + Sims washing dishes in the bathroom when the kitchen sink is fine and dandy to use???
    + Sims cancelling what I want them to do to interject some stupid thing like "browse books" or sumth
    + Sims unable to wash dishes for no reason so I have to drag the dirty dishes and "do their chore" for them.......
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • xKay_luvxxKay_luvx Posts: 117 Member
    Ugh, there are so many things. It's funny because I thought of making a thread like this and then I found this one. Lol I just wanted to rant.

A few of mine are: bathrooms. So many issues. For one, my family always seems to go to the bathroom farthest from them in the house when they really have to go. (Upstairs? Goes all the way downstairs to use the bathroom instead of the one literally right beside them.)

Another one, though I'm sure this has been mentioned, is my sims washing dishes in the bathroom. There's both a sink and dishwasher that function just fine in the kitchen.

Beds. Recently this has been happening and it's bothering me so much. I will assign my sims beds in respective bedrooms using the claim option. Even though I check and it says that it has still been claimed, they will sleep wherever. This never used to happen and now I have parents sleeping in the kids beds and vice versa. So annoying.

Not sure if this is a thing or just me but with my dogs going potty. They'll wait by the door and whine so I'll send someone over to train them to potty outside. I usually have a small front deck and so they'll go potty on that which bothers me. If the sims don't get there quick enough then little poops and puddles begin to accumulate. Why don't they just go straight to some grass. I wasn't sure if you could train them to go in a specific area or not?

Also, my family would much rather drink tons of coffee as opposed to going to sleep. When they start getting tired at night they'll just go make coffee and will rarely go to sleep unless I tell them too.

Last but not least, babies. I thought that maybe it's just because of low parenting skills but even with a high parenting level, they don't know how to take care of their infants. Very seldom are the infants seeking attention or something like that, they're usually just hungry or need a diaper change. Now I get that with real babies it's kinda trial and error but my sims literally will coo at and bounce the infants to death before they finally try to feed them or change them.
    "Happiness can only exist in acceptance." -George Orwell
  • iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    Obviously the constantly getting water and leaving the glasses everywhere when I take my eye off them for a second but also walking past their perfectly good dining table to eat sitting on a toddler bed because a toddler is sleeping in there.

tumblr_p4dl1sJvTE1sh6zzso1_1280.png
    Sorry about the terrible quality but grrrrr.
  • TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    I hate it when I designate tasks and they just don't do them.... Also the getting a glass of water.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,655 Member
    Well my question seems to have opened a whole can of worms, so to speak.
    Even my own annoyance starting with sims doing push ups/sit ups escalated into a whole load of additional annoyances - and here we all are, still happily playing away, trying to make them do as we want, and not as they want.
    An additional question now, ( I never played TS1 or 2) were the others as frustrating? I don't seem to remember TS3 being as frustrating? - and I still play TS3 in between times.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • CallingMidnightBackCallingMidnightBack Posts: 3 New Member
    In 4, I hate it when my sims pause for a while before performing any actions. I guess it's a technical issue on my part or something,
  • bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    doing nothing and also doing things I do not want them to do but keep doing it...
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Even my own annoyance starting with sims doing push ups/sit ups escalated into a whole load of additional annoyances - and here we all are, still happily playing away, trying to make them do as we want, and not as they want.
    An additional question now, ( I never played TS1 or 2) were the others as frustrating? I don't seem to remember TS3 being as frustrating? - and I still play TS3 in between times.

I don't remember enough from the TS2 to really complain, other than a few times my sims would try to take illogical pathway choices only to realise they can't go that way, no matter how much they flailed their arms and looked into the camera. Again in TS3, I saw the return of pathing issues, but new irritations popped up, such as sims trying to swim across the river to get to work and other places instead of taking the water taxi or using their own boat.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sims who call another Sim names, slapped them, mocked outfit etc but moments after they are both smiling and having a casual conversation like nothing has happened.

Guests using the computer too. I have to lock EVERY room that has one.
    giphy.gif
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,655 Member

I don't remember enough from the TS2 to really complain, other than a few times my sims would try to take illogical pathway choices only to realise they can't go that way, no matter how much they flailed their arms and looked into the camera. Again in TS3, I saw the return of pathing issues, but new irritations popped up, such as sims trying to swim across the river to get to work and other places instead of taking the water taxi or using their own boat.

You've reminded me how I've had sims get stuck on icey water trying to get to a lot or home by walking over water instead of driving on land. Very frustrating!
    MLgj4Vx.png

You've reminded me how I've had sims get stuck on icey water trying to get to a lot or home by walking over water instead of driving on land. Very frustrating!

It was beyond annoying, I once had a mer-sim swim up an island because the AI didn't realise (or refused to recognise) that there was an Island in the way.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Hugging before talking has got to be THE most annoying. And overall just all the moving around to talk to people in general. Why do they have to be sitting right next to someone to chat at home? Yet I've been trying to relax at a coffee shop and my sim keeps talking to strangers a table over!!

And eating happens so fast that if you don't time everyone sitting down together perfectly, which never happens, they get done eating before others even sit down and they always get up immediately. Unless you turn off autonomy, there's just so much moving around. It feels like all my sims have extreme ADD
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Not a massive issue but Townies dropping in uninvited during a private conversation.

"Ohai yes I'm here having a flirty conversation with my date. Was about to make a move but heck why not join us at our table and insult my face first?"

Go. Away!
    giphy.gif
    I'm going to add that I get bothered by the constant hugging, especially with family's. Yes, hugging is nice, but do you need to do that every time you sit down to have a family breakfast or lunch? Also, stop it with the phone calls! "Hey Patty, I heard you became friends with Erica, she's awesome!" I know she's awesome, she's my sister you a**.