Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's The most Annoying Thing You Find Sims Doing?

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2018
    Before I had replaces homes two premade homes did this my sim would cook food. Not use ANY of the kitchen counters but would instead go put it on the counter in the bathroom and the bathroom isn't even NEAR the kitchen.

Sometimes they'll even prepare food there the heck.

Not to mention my sims or mostly sims that come by for a visit get a glass of water and leave the cups on the table or on the floor and not even bother cleaning them. Worse house guests.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    The only thing that really gets on my nerv is that when I told a Sim to do something or to talk to somebody, they just STAND. Sometimes for 2 Sim hours. And after that they do the thing. It's annoying in active career and when you are out or have a party because you have time limit. I even blew like 2 weddings and several birthdays because when I told them to get married / slice a cake, they just stood there... until party was over and THEN they did the thing.

This! Soooo much! It is the most frustrating thing ever. I've even resorted to resetting them as I think they're bugged out.

Another one (and I have mentioned this in another thread) is Sims going to cook when another is cooking. OR, the counters are full (probably with said other Sim cooking) and they take stuff out of the fridge, dump it on the floor, give a wee wave and shrug, then grab MORE ingredients just to do the same thing again. Next thing I have a kitchen with chopping boards everywhere.

I just had a wedding for my young couple, and the caterer was doing this. I had chopping boards all over the venue, they had nothing to eat, so I ended up getting the mother of the bride to cook something so they could all eat ... and then the musical chairs began, and the dumping of plates on the ground!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    Walking to a toddler bed, or the outside table setting or any other dang table and chair in the house, instead of the dinning table i provided for them in the kitchen.
  • Options
    Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    The most annoying thing to me is when you sit a toddler in a highchair then they automatically call for the mom or dad >:0
    Corgis4life
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    My biggest pet peeve has to be the musical chairs thing. Good grief, can't anyone fix this annoyingly stupid habit of standing up just when they are sitting down to have dinner or sitting down to read a book? And I have autonomy turned off yet my Sims are constantly standing up while doing something that I have instructed them to do. I can't call this multi-tasking when they end one command to do something totally off the wall then drop that command from their queue and I have to start all over again. Multi-tasking would be to continue reading while having a conversation with a pet looking for attention or a toddler wanting to have a conversation. I do this allll the time in Real Life. You won't see me getting up and dropping my book or my dinner plate because one of the pets wants to be petted or the toddler grandchild wants to show me something special. When toddlers first came out this happened a lot. Then it calmed down but now with pets in the household, my Sims are being spammed with kissy time or with the pet wanting to be petted every fifteen Sim minutes. And it doesn't matter how much time my Sim has spent with the toddler or the pet, as soon as they sit down to read or eat or do something on the computer, the attention spamming begins. And my plans for my Sim go right out the window. It took my poor Sim almost twice as long to max out her handiness skill because of her overly-needy dog.
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Autonomous computer use, especially by guests. I need to remember to lock the doors of rooms with computers. I also hate it when my own Sims use a computer that isn't in their room. I don't sit in my other family members' bedrooms to use a computer, so why do you?
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2018
    I use mods to squash a lot of these annoying behaviors, but they always manage to find something else to obsess over. The card table being one of them. I had to sell that, which is a shame. I liked having it there for my housemates to play but not to the point where they queue stomp to do it constantly.

Another cooking one. Not with cooking, but with baking. My sim will go all the way downstairs to use a counter in a bathroom to prepare the food on. Not with cooking regular meals, but with baking. They have counter space and a counter island they could use, but no they just **have** to bake next to a toilet instead. I had to remove the counter. It's not only annoying, but a huge waste of time if you're on a schedule.
  • Options
    Dallasking2018Dallasking2018 Posts: 73 Member
    Changing outfits all the time its crazy
  • Options
    NhimSimNhimSim Posts: 316 Member
    Thank The Shiny Llama that I use mods to get rid of most of these annoying behaviours. Currently what I'm struggling with is the constant watching kids TV - Mom sits down to watch kids TV -> Kid who was currently doing homework runs to watch TV with mom... Grrr!
  • Options
    NhimSimNhimSim Posts: 316 Member
    Finvola wrote: »
    I use mods to squash a lot of these annoying behaviors, but they always manage to find something else to obsess over. The card table being one of them. I had to sell that, which is a shame. I liked having it there for my housemates to play but not to the point where they queue stomp to do it constantly.

Another cooking one. Not with cooking, but with baking. My sim will go all the way downstairs to use a counter in a bathroom to prepare the food on. Not with cooking regular meals, but with baking. They have counter space and a counter island they could use, but no they just **have** to bake next to a toilet instead. I had to remove the counter. It's not only annoying, but a huge waste of time if you're on a schedule.

In my game I found that if you change the card game to Don't Wake The Llama they will stop obsessing over the table. That way you can still have the game table and just change it to cards when you want to use it
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    My sims love to dance. It's annoying when they beeline to the stereo.

I also hate it when my sims view an object when they're eating because it means they take longer to finish their meals.
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    When they stop eating and get up to hug someone they are going to talk to, then continue to eat standing and talking. Why they do that ?
    When they take dishes to the upstairs bathroom.
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    Yesterday I found out my sims woohoo'd without my knowledge or consent because my female sim turned out to be pregnant (I have MCCC, with risky woohoo set to 5%). These sims already has two teenagers (the oldest is about to be a young adult and the other is only four days younger) so I was NOT planning on having another baby.

I could've just cheated the pregnancy away but I decided to go along with it for the sake of drama... BUT THEN, spoiler alert, she had flipping TWINS. So now I've got 4 kids and my teenage boys will probably end up raising their little brother and sister at one point when mom & dad die of old age.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Not using the kitchen sink, even though its a much better one than the bathroom, they go and use the bathroom one. another, sitting on the toddler beds to eat, even when the toddlers are asleep. when the dining chairs and table is much closer. when I tell them to pick up toddler and come here, they put down the toddler who is hungry and needs to pee, and parents go to the house or wherever on their own, leaving the hungry toddler alone. I have to tell them to pick up, and place here.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited June 2018
    I wish I didn't have to disable autonomy to get a Sim to do nothing for 5 seconds. And I wish there was no compulsive phone browsing/playing. It might fit teens and some young adults, but this behavior is unrealistic to many.
    Post edited by Nindigo on

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Heda307Heda307 Posts: 1 New Member
    The fact that my sims are constantly trying to read//browse books from the bookshelves, even when they're instructed to do something else.
  • Options
    korsetkorset Posts: 398 Member
    i hate when sims play musical chairs why are you getting up from the dinner table to go eat in your lil sister bedroom when she is sleeping
  • Options
    Dallasking2018Dallasking2018 Posts: 73 Member
    my sim was acting weird today kept playing in the pool jumping in and out of it it was so odd
  • Options
    ShadowSixxShadowSixx Posts: 154 Member
    When my sims go to the bathroom to wash dishes instead of the kitchen. Even though the kitchen is closest. I don't ever put my bathrooms near the kitchen but yet there they go.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    I HATE, HATE, HATE it when my sims walk all the way to the bathroom to cook! (This only happens with foods you don't cook like salad). They're already making the food on the counter, yet they go all the way to the bathroom to mix it in the bowl, then they leave it on the bathroom counter. It irks me.
    xz2eVwO.jpg
  • Options
    BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    When you try to talk to someone walking down the street, and both your sim as well as the sim you were trying to talk to run all the way to the very edge of the map to talk. Then when your sim finally gets there, the other sim vanishes.

This makes me want to rip my hair out.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I hate it when Sims will spend all day Trolling Teh Forums. Why can't they get their Fun up bby doing something that actually raises a skill, like Practice Piano even.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Well, trolling the forums does raise a skill: mischief. I sometimes wonder if the developers are trying to tell us something by making this "hobby" so prominent among all sims...
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I agree with a lot of these. What bothers me isn't really an action that sims do but it's more along the lines of whims. I am honestly sick of child and teen sims constantly getting adult whims such as wanting to buy washing machines, dryers and the like. Seriously you're a child/teen you shouldn't be worried about being an adult yet. XP
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2018
    Why can't we have a "shoo all strays" instead of the feeble one by one? Last night my Sims had to put up with a catfight outside their garden. A huge ball of dust up that lasted for quite a while!