Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's The most Annoying Thing You Find Sims Doing?

Comments

• simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Oh and the fact that people will randomly call either wanting to come over or invite my sim somewhere after 12am, but if my sim does it they get mad saying they are sleeping
    Yes, this!! Why are you calling at 2 am?! Why can't they call at normal hours???

I also hate how my Sims will eat or do their homework on the toddler beds. Why do they do this???? Why did I even buy chairs! When the toddler beds are clearly the favored seats in the house!!!! *sigh*
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    My sims always destroy the dollhouse, maybe it's because I tend to make a lot of evil sims? But I like the dollhouse cause it's cute and my sims are constantly destroying it!
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    There are a bunch of things that sims do to annoy me.

-Sims that get food from the fridge even though someone is currently cooking a group meal.

-Like many others have stated before me, Sims that get glasses of water. Maybe once Seasons comes out this may stop annoying me so much if the sim is doing it to cool themselves down.

-Sims that turn on the stereo ALL THE TIME!
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Oh and the fact that people will randomly call either wanting to come over or invite my sim somewhere after 12am, but if my sim does it they get mad saying they are sleeping
    Yes, this!! Why are you calling at 2 am?! Why can't they call at normal hours???

I also hate how my Sims will eat or do their homework on the toddler beds. Why do they do this???? Why did I even buy chairs! When the toddler beds are clearly the favored seats in the house!!!! *sigh*

I get more calls at night than i ever do in the day
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I have a new annoyance: I've had my collector Sims travelling to different worlds and setting up camp near the fishing spot wherever they go. NPCs seem to think their tent, shower and cooler are community property - they'll go in the tent, take showers and exercise on my Sims' yoga mats. If the NPC is actually sleeping in the tent, they have a 'wake up' option to get the person out, but sometimes they just hang out there, and my Sims can't sleep because there is a stranger in the tent. Seriously, people. Have a little respect for other people's property.

And then, there's the cooking plates of hot dogs and leaving them on all the picnic tables. My Sims are constantly having to clean up after them. Oh, and Alexander Goth called my young adult Sim for a playdate again. Something is just wrong with that boy.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    Adults autonomously turning on the TV to watch the kids network when there are no kids around, then getting the bored moodlet. There are a million other channels, why would you watch the kids network if it's so boring? :sweat:

The counter one is worse, but that's been said so many times. I keep the bathroom counters full of clutter to stop them doing that.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Yes, the water thing is annoying. And another one I found that's started to happen, cooking in the bathroom when there's more than enough space in the kitchen. I've learned with that one though, is to make sure the counter tops are clear.

I put in a nice sink in the kitchen, yet my sims will go to the other end of the house and wash dishes in the bathroom sink. It drives me nuts!
    Yup, same here ... and I just remembered another one. Going to eat in the bedroom when the dining table is way closer.
    I'm almost ready to remove all radios and stereo systems as the dancing is becoming as annoying as the sit-ups!

In the past, I've controlled that behavior by locking doors. Unfortunately, that becomes a bit of work for me, so I don't do that for long.
    astera00 wrote: »
    The counter one is worse, but that's been said so many times. I keep the bathroom counters full of clutter to stop them doing that.

LOL, it's like we should have a thread for the creative ways we control our sims. I've done that too.

I've always disliked that. They will call you at all hours of the night, but heaven forbid I call someone at 6:50 AM. They should relax those rules.
    Another thing that annoys me is I will get calls inviting me to do things at the most inconvenient times. Someone will invite me to dinner when my sim is halfway through his home-cooked meal. Someone will invite me to go somewhere at 11 PM when my sim has been in bed since 10 PM (goes back to calling someone when sleeping). Someone will invite me to breakfast within one hour of work time.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    1. Not doing what they're told. The next adult sim I have to tell six times to bring the toddler to the birthday cake is is going to die painfully.
    2. The constant hugging, even among sims who don't have that much of a relationship. Especially endearing when a sim is in a hurry and can't even finish breakfast before going to work because someone else with nothing better to do randomly decides to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 them.
    3. Autonomously ordering drinks and food - which wouldn't even be so bad if you didn't have to pay the instant they decide to do so, even if the fridge or bar is still miles away.
    4. Getting water from the tap. Fortunately I found a mod to fix this.
    5. Starting to prepare food when another sim is already cooking.
    6. Adults playing with dollhouses and doing other kids stuff all the time, with or without the Childish trait.
    7. First it was the woodworking bench, now they're addicted to computers. Even guests that come to my house head straight for the nearest computer, and when I enter a lot, all computers are usually occupied.
    8. Vampires with no sense of self-preservation who would rather burn in the sun while going through all available idle animations than hurry inside. The next patch would be the perfect opportunity to fix this, since Seasons will have sims run and hide from bad weather.
    9. Dogs won't pee while on a walk, even when their bladder is full. Isn't that why you walk a dog in the first place?
    10. Cats in heat screaming my ears off. I didn't actually want a sim world full of neutered cats, but if that's the only way to stop it...

... Sorry, I couldn't pick just one.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Ohhhhh and please do not get me started on people stealing my sims drinks that they have ordered and paid for >:)
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    edited June 2018
    going on the computer without permission. especially when guests come over and don't even greet my sim, just head straight for the room with the computer. i find it sooooo annoying. i guess i could lock the door to the room or something but BOY does it tick me off when they do that.

OR when they wash their dirty dishes in the bathroom sink instead of the kitchen sink. im watching them like: :| what do you think you're doing? we have a whole separate kitchen sink and-

this isn't sim related but seeing the notification that a festival is in town kind of annoys me now. i never go to them anymore.
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited June 2018
    I can live with the washing dishes in the bathroom. The 247 water glasses everywhere is a pain. Vampires standing in the sun I figure is jutst Natural Selection's way of thinning the herd.
    But enough with the constant string of telephone calls congratulating my Sim on a friendship, a romance, or "Hey, I saw you pass Bella Goth on the street! She's really cool!"
    Yes, Rosemary is friends with Dilbert, thanks for calling. He is her son after all. Put down the phone and get a life, people.
    Post edited by TheLibrarySim on
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Yes, the water thing is annoying. And another one I found that's started to happen, cooking in the bathroom when there's more than enough space in the kitchen. I've learned with that one though, is to make sure the counter tops are clear.

I put in a nice sink in the kitchen, yet my sims will go to the other end of the house and wash dishes in the bathroom sink. It drives me nuts!

This! I'm like "What. Are. You. Doing?"

And musical chairs. Man, just keep still!
    giphy.gif
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,655 Member
    astera00 wrote: »
    Adults autonomously turning on the TV to watch the kids network when there are no kids around, then getting the bored moodlet. There are a million other channels, why would you watch the kids network if it's so boring? :sweat:

Good thinking. I'm onto it! B)
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Can someone please explain to me what "musical chairs" are? I keep reading that word, but I don't understand it. My wild guess is that it doesn't actually have anything to do with musicals.
    Can someone please explain to me what "musical chairs" are? I keep reading that word, but I don't understand it. My wild guess is that it doesn't actually have anything to do with musicals.
    It's when your Sims sit down, then stand up and sit down at another table. They're constantly moving around while eating/chatting/drinking, and don't stay at the same table as each other.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    It's when your Sims sit down, then stand up and sit down at another table. They're constantly moving around while eating/chatting/drinking, and don't stay at the same table as each other.

And this has consistently been one of the loudest complaints since 2014.
    So_Money wrote: »

And this has consistently been one of the loudest complaints since 2014.
    I said somewhere else, might have been in the beginning of this thread, recently I have managed to have 3 or 4 Sims sit down at a table together to eat. I think it was a group outing and I hit sit and eat here together, and they did! Shock horror!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member
    LOL at the adults watching kids channels! This was especially worse with my snob sim, only thing that helped her was the news channel. I got really annoyed with my children sims automatically playin with the dollhouse and FORCING their parent to play with them, causing the parent to cancel all their actions. Had to sell the dollhouse. Also when children and toddlers for some reason HAVE to start makin a mess with paint all the time! My sim disciplined them for so long they stopped but I’m trying to build her skills and now that’s she’s busy they’re doing it again! And the father isn’t so great in parenting they don’t listen to him.
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    Sitting on the couch to turn on the tv then standing up to watch it.
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    When it comes to raising toddlers/kids, been there and done that in r/l. I started to think maybe I should try a parent and child...and watched the parent (always at least one parent has to have the neat trait) run around the yard with a mop following the child while the child kept "making a mess". Now I know for sure why I don't play kids and toddlers in the game! Hurrumph! :s
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.

Ah, that... So annoying! I knew the phenomenon, just not that it was called "musical chair". I guess the constant hugging problem I mentioned in my post falls under that, too. Thanks for clarifying!

Ah, that... So annoying! I knew the phenomenon, just not that it was called "musical chair". I guess the constant hugging problem I mentioned in my post falls under that, too. Thanks for clarifying!

Hahaha! Glad that clarified that for you. I don't seem to notice the hugging one.
    Instead of sit ups today, my Sim was working in her retail shop, and whilst interacting with a customer, got down and started to do push ups! ARGH! Now THAT is what bugs me, seriously!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    History Lesson: Musical Chairs

"Musical Chairs" was a party game in the mid 20th century. The music came from a piano, phonograph, radio, whatever but the person in charge of it always sat with his/her back to the players so as not to show any favoritism. The chairs were set up in two rows back to back with one less chair than players who would walk in an oval around the two rows of chairs until the music suddenly stopped. Everyone would try to grab a chair but since there was one less chair than player, one person was out. On the next round, another chair was pulled out. This went on until there were two players and one chair. This party game has fallen out of favor over the last few decades because players were often hurt...either by rough kids pushing other kids out of the way...or by drunk adults (use your imagination there). (You get the idea). :s
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.