Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's The most Annoying Thing You Find Sims Doing?

Mine has to be the sit-ups. That drives me insane when suddenly mid conversation, or whatever, they drop to the floor and start exercising.
I think finally, them sitting at different tables has slowed down. Last week I managed to have 4 of them go out and actually all sit at the same table. A miracle!
MLgj4Vx.png

Comments

• February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    Yes, the water thing is annoying. And another one I found that's started to happen, cooking in the bathroom when there's more than enough space in the kitchen. I've learned with that one though, is to make sure the counter tops are clear.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • DestrxDestrx Posts: 49 Member
    The water annoys me as well. Though ironically I'm even more annoyed when they wash dishes in the bathroom. Like, why? You have an amazing kitchen with objects I made you work hard to get - why do you do this young Simling? Who traumatized you!?
  • fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    Lately I have been very annoyed when I am trying to have a Sim Child or Teen do something and suddenly they go to watch the Kids Network with a parent after dropping everything else I instructed them to do.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I hate when I finally get my family of sims to sit down for a meal and one them decides to get up and hug another person.

What? Why do you need to do that now? Sit down and finish your food!
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
    After reading some of these, another one that really annoys me is Sims continually using the computer when they've been instructed to do something else.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Sims constantly dropping what they're doing, to watch kids network/dancing with whoever/playing with dollhouse. I constantly turn off stereos and don't place dollhouses. I'm pondering getting rid of or placing TV's in the family inventory as long as there are kids in the house.

They never get water or wash their hands in their own house anymore, since I removed all the sinks from all the houses. I'll never place a sink ever again. Also, I stopped having empty counters anywhere but the kitchen. I don't understand why they need several counters to make one simple meal, anyway.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Using the computer. :#
    (I don't care how old, lame, or over-used the term :facepalm: is, I really wish we had that emoji to use in cases like this...) :p

I was shocked a couple times, when my Sim went off to paint a picture, on her own...
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited June 2018
    1. Not going to sleep when invited to stay the night, preventing me from fast-forwarding time.

2. Musical chairs, even after all these years.

There are so many things. I could go on and on.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    When you try to talk to someone walking down the street, and both your sim as well as the sim you were trying to talk to run all the way to the very edge of the map to talk. Then when your sim finally gets there, the other sim vanishes.

This makes my blood boil.
  • butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    My sim has recently taken to viewing her easel ten thousand times a day instead of actually painting. The water thing! They even do it at lots that are not the home lot and it annoys me.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    That they cannot just stand where they are to chat, but instead route to the nearest seating. Sometimes that is the swimming pool and other times a picnic bench half the neighborhood across. Grrrrr.

I also dislike how sims always choose to seat themselves next to other sims with their meals, but I learned to control that a little bit by first gathering them all where I want them. The placemats from Parenthood also help in this regard.
  • squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    How has no one mentioned autonomous serenading!? They do it literally every five seconds.

Busy doing something else in your game? Too bad! Time to take 5 cold showers because you're instantly flirty now!
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Mine is when they do dishes in the bathroom sink, and when they use the bathroom counters when their fixing meals! Oh! And getting glass of water!
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I don't like how social Sims are. My Sim could be having a one-on-one conversation with someone & another Sim will walk by & jump into the conversation. & so if there are romantic socials going, the convo will turn 'awkward' once this nosy, busy body jumps into the mix. Drives me nuts.

The water thing for sure....& even worse when guests come and do the same thing leaving several glasses laying around the lot.

The talking toilet - I don't mind my Sims getting exciting to see it the 1st time they experience it. But stopping your shower, mid-shower to react constantly to it, is just too much. I don't even keep those toilets in my house anymore.

& lastly I'll say the routing issues. I will tell my Sim to use a specific computer and she'll go somewhere else in the house that farther away to use another computer. Same with the bathroom. I just like my Sims to use the specific item I clicked on.

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    The water thing, eating in front of the fridge, or anywhere else besides the dining table (says the person who eats in her recliner), sitting on the toddler beds while they're sleeping & the kids splatter painting everywhere.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    When your sim is trying to be friendly with the random sim they met, only tohave that sim suddenly walk away with several interactions still in the queue. Understandable If someone got embarrassed or something, but when they both seemed to be happy, not so much. I just guess the other one had a pressing need to be elsewhere.
    image.png
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Oh and the fact that people will randomly call either wanting to come over or invite my sim somewhere after 12am, but if my sim does it they get mad saying they are sleeping
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    When you try to talk to someone walking down the street, and both your sim as well as the sim you were trying to talk to run all the way to the very edge of the map to talk. Then when your sim finally gets there, the other sim vanishes.

Good one!

My annoyance is when you try to coordinate a group activity and all the group members disperse into every direction.
    Another is when you try to cancel an interaction that your sim has not yet started, but they continue to walk toward the object and begin the interaction.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Yes, the water thing is annoying. And another one I found that's started to happen, cooking in the bathroom when there's more than enough space in the kitchen. I've learned with that one though, is to make sure the counter tops are clear.

I put in a nice sink in the kitchen, yet my sims will go to the other end of the house and wash dishes in the bathroom sink. It drives me nuts!

I put in a nice sink in the kitchen, yet my sims will go to the other end of the house and wash dishes in the bathroom sink. It drives me nuts!
    Yup, same here ... and I just remembered another one. Going to eat in the bedroom when the dining table is way closer.
    I'm almost ready to remove all radios and stereo systems as the dancing is becoming as annoying as the sit-ups!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member

Yup, same here ... and I just remembered another one. Going to eat in the bedroom when the dining table is way closer.
    I'm almost ready to remove all radios and stereo systems as the dancing is becoming as annoying as the sit-ups!

I put up with it from one family because I use that stereo to bait them into staying in the kitchen to eat. <EG>
    image.png

I put up with it from one family because I use that stereo to bait them into staying in the kitchen to eat. <EG>

I might have to try that trick!
    MLgj4Vx.png