Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

life goals: what do you want to do?

BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
No matter how young or old you are we all have things we want to do in life, so what are yours?
What places do you want to go? what do you want to learn? what do you want to achieve?

My goals are to have my own house, gain qualifications in music, classical studies and philosophy (working on it :) ) provide for my parents when they reach old age, to visit Finland and learn Old Norse.

What are yours?
Gallery ID: babysquare

Comments

• the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Currently my main goal is to be accepted for my chosen Uni in September to study Education and Psychology
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Currently my main goal is to be accepted for my chosen Uni in September to study Education and Psychology

Cool! I hope you get a place :)
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Pursue a career in mental health counseling or something in that basic field. Meaning getting my butt back to school to study for that possibly going right for a masters in psychology... but just how far I'll go is a seeing as I go thing.

That's the very long term though. The short term is to look at accounting or business or something courses (something for 1 or 2 years study before I settle in for the long haul) so I can just get out of retail. Earn a better wage and get out living on my own and in an actual house where I have no crazy restrictive landlord and am not directly attached to obnoxious neighbors. God I hate apartment living.

And I do want to travel lots. I want to make it to London so bad and much of the UK really. And just see so much of my own backyard in Canada. So much yet to see.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Pursue a career in mental health counseling or something in that basic field. Meaning getting my butt back to school to study for that possibly going right for a masters in psychology... but just how far I'll go is a seeing as I go thing.

That's the very long term though. The short term is to look at accounting or business or something courses (something for 1 or 2 years study before I settle in for the long haul) so I can just get out of retail. Earn a better wage and get out living on my own and in an actual house where I have no crazy restrictive landlord and am not directly attached to obnoxious neighbors. God I hate apartment living.

And I do want to travel lots. I want to make it to London so bad and much of the UK really. And just see so much of my own backyard in Canada. So much yet to see.

If you do come to the UK definately check out other areas besides London; London's great, and I could recommend loads of things in London, but there's so much to see and do elsewhere, and as a personal recommendation the Peak district and Devon are beautiful.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    My life goal is to find a good life goal. I haven't found one yet.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    My life goal: to continue to hone my writing and become an author.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    My life goal is to find a good life goal. I haven't found one yet.

A month later. Still nothing.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• historynerdhistorynerd Posts: 209 Member
    My life goals are to learn German, learn French and become a historian
    Official Victorian and Edwardian Nerd
    P2Wn3TO.jpg
  • elysiansimelysiansim Posts: 40 Member
    my life goals are ..

to be bilingual (i'm currently learning spanish)
    to write a book
    and
    to become just like, a more helpful person in general
  • cloudsky331cloudsky331 Posts: 220 Member
    I'd like to write a book, learn sign language, write a song, and adopt a rescue animal.
    "Why is nothing in the sims sparkly? They should add a sparkles stuff pack. Sparklepack."
    giphy.gif
  • alright_namealright_name Posts: 31 Member
    Life goals as of this moment, in order, are...
    -finish my degree in religious studies
    -find somebody to live life alongside of
    -adopt 2.5 awesome kids internationally
    -get a masters in creative writing from University of Iowa
    -retire and found a sanctuary for old dogs

And somewhere in all of that get my first novel finished and published
  • SimmerSamSimmerSam Posts: 73 Member
    As of right now my my goals are to finish my degree and then get a job in that field, travel to as many places as possible, and to become a mom :)
  • SimerbratzSimerbratz Posts: 161 Member
    to work in the gaming industry, not sure which job thou
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I'm taking things step by step. At the moment, my goals for the next 1-4 years are:
    -Find another job (I hate my current job)
    -Pay off my student loan (It's a small amount. Luckily, my fin aid and scholarships covered most of my tuition)
    -Figure out what direction I want to go with my degree and apply to some grad program

I'd love to travel one day, but as of now, I don't see that happening.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Hmm, good question. I have a few.

Get back on the publishing bandwagon (I'm a writer, most of the time)
    Build my dream home.
    Go to school to get my English degree and MFA - just cause I can. Probably will add more degrees later, after these two.
    Travel - I really want to hit Ireland and Scotland, maybe even England one day, as well as France. Those are where my family is from.

There are probably a bunch more, but these are the most important ones.
  • bbyjojibbyjoji Posts: 32 Member
    i have no idea haha