Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Want to rip my hair out...

theyellowshoetheyellowshoe Posts: 288 Member

Every single time, & I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to play Sims on my son's computer my husband just HAS to come in here & yak it up! Every 5 minutes, I have access to this computer only when my son is at work or asleep. I can't even play the sim I made of my husband to take my frustrations out. That's why I'm about ready to pull my hair out.
Thanks for listening to my rant.

Happy Simming everyone.
s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!

Comments

• Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Oof, that’s tough. I’d let you have an old computer with a cracked screen, but I can’t due to the long distance. Maybe you can make a compromise with your husband?
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    Oh well I'm sorry for you… :/
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    First world problem
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member

Every single time, & I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to play Sims on my son's computer my husband just HAS to come in here & yak it up! Every 5 minutes, I have access to this computer only when my son is at work or asleep. I can't even play the sim I made of my husband to take my frustrations out. That's why I'm about ready to pull my hair out.
    Thanks for listening to my rant.

Happy Simming everyone.
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Oof, that’s tough. I’d let you have an old computer with a cracked screen, but I can’t due to the long distance. Maybe you can make a compromise with your husband?

Can you tell him you just want an hour or two alone then he can talk your ear off all he wants?
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    "Oh hello again! Look, I made you in my game, but oops! You're on fire now."
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    @theyellowshoe , I know exactly what you mean. Repoman and I are early risers. I normally have and hour to and hour and a half in the mornings that are just for me. The dog is asleep, my daughter is asleep, and Repoman is doing his own thing. It's the only time in the day that I am not constantly interrupted from what I am doing by the needs/wants of others(chores and other household things often take twice as long as they should due to the constant interruptions). My daughter was up early today (couldn't sleep) and she proceeded to endlessly yak at me about silly things that I of course had to respond to before I had even had my coffee. I was finally able to gently suggest she go find something else to do and leave me in peace at least for a little while.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Oh, I feel your pain. Invariably, and this appears to be a universal problem, the children don't need to talk to you — until you're on the phone. Seems that has transfered to spouses, too. He only needs you when you're trying to relax by playing your game. Is there any way you can get your own computer, so that you have more options on your own time? That way hubby can have your attention when he needs you, and your Sims can have your attention when you need them. ;) At any rate, I do hope you can work it out. Hubbies need 'care and feeding', too. Just celebrated my 44th anniversary last month.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

To everyone, he finally left me alone after I saved & quit, threw a massive fit (in living room). I then told him unless the building is on fire DO NOT BOTHER ME! It worked for about 30 min, now my son woke up. I'll play tomorrow.
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member

To everyone, he finally left me alone after I saved & quit, threw a massive fit (in living room). I then told him unless the building is on fire DO NOT BOTHER ME! It worked for about 30 min, now my son woke up. I'll play tomorrow.

Oh, doesn't it figure. I mostly sabotage myself, especially lately. I have a great gaming session and have to shut down for the day, with the notion I'll pick up again first thing the next day. Do I do that? No. I find myself pouring over my emails, then I come here to see 'what's new' and pretty soon, most of the day is gone. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    It's a good thing when both in a relationship are gamers. Plenty of support and understanding. But it also means that having 2 computers is vital.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    TsundereSuppTsundereSupp Posts: 17 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    It's a good thing when both in a relationship are gamers. Plenty of support and understanding. But it also means that having 2 computers is vital.

Yep. I don't find the number of computers to be a problem but having met my boyfriend through gaming it's pretty nice to always have that sense of understanding when it comes to wanting time to play. We still talk to each other while playing Sims or any other game, but normally when time for food or some chore comes up we're pretty patient about waiting until one of us finishes a game, level, or gets to a stopping point, and good about taking turns doing stuff. For us the biggest problem is we need a 2 bedroom apartment. We needed a big area to fit 2 desks for our computers but since I tend to wake up a bit earlier and he games a bit later we needed it to not be in the main bedroom so we weren't too loud and the lights weren't too bright.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    lol :D Tell him simming time requires peace and it's your time to relax.

My husband and I are both gamers. I'd hate to think what it would be like if the other didn't have the same hobby. Sometimes I purposely bother him when he's on his console just cause I can. >:) He's kind and will wait until I can pull my attention from whatever game I'm playing.

It's super nice having two computers in a separate room. We used to share one computer in the bedroom many years ago. They don't make desks for two computers so we bought a long countertop from IKEA and added legs.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options

The last yr & 1/2 has been bad for the whole family, I'm hoping I'll be able to get me a laptop soon. Thanks all of you for making me feel better, glad I'm not the only one with this issue.
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well if you have a son old enough to work I'm pretty sure this situation isn't the first one of this nature in your marriage.
    I kind of suggest you talk with your husband when you are calm and reinforce again that you need some time alone now and then. It helps you relax. You also really like this game, but you need to focus on it to enjoy it. That means no interruptions. It's like watching a movie or reading a book... you can't enjoy it if you are disturbed. When you know you have time coming up remind your hubby before you go to play that this is your alone time and hopefully have him agree or make some indication that he won't bother you for awhile.
    I'm not saying it will work but it might. He might never understand it.. but he can be taught to respect it or avoid you at least (as your hissy fit showed) but it's better for him to be supportive than grudgingly giving you time. You'll both feel better if you can come to an understanding.
    I know I'm an introvert.. not sure if you are or not but I absolutely know I need downtime and so does everyone in my life. People have different levels of acceptance though.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    TsundereSuppTsundereSupp Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2018
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    It's super nice having two computers in a separate room. We used to share one computer in the bedroom many years ago. They don't make desks for two computers so we bought a long countertop from IKEA and added legs.

They actually do make 2 person computer desks at IKEA is one of the places that makes them. I moved a few states away to move in with my BF and I really wanted to get the 2 person IKEA desk but I was taking all my stuff with me in my little car (it was the first time both of us were moving out of the house so we didn't have much furniture) so I couldn't fit it in with my stuff.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I thought you were going through Britney Spears' 2007 phase for a second :open_mouth:
  • Options

HERMITGIRL
    My son is an introvert, I'm not so bad, him I would have to "literally" drag him out. The only time he's not on his computer is when he's at work or sleeping. He's a serious gamer, but that's because I was holding him to play arcade games since he was 2 yrs old, yep ole mama got him into gaming! I'm the first to admit that.
    Happy "Gaming" everyone!

PS: his "handle" is Hawk, which is his middle name.
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!