Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do yall believe in flat earth?

CarolinaCanCarolinaCan Posts: 116 Member
edited June 2018 in Off Topic Chat
I do. I think Earth is flat but so is the Sun and we don't live on the Earth we live on the Sun, and what we think is the Sun is actually just the government shining a flashlight at us

#YoloSwag

Comments

• Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Shane Dawson made a conspiracy theory video earlier this week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_53cGxAUuDk

He spoke about the flat earth theory from 27:30 onwards
  • Options
    Personally I don't believe that the Earth is flat, but what they spoke about in this video was very convincing
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    For me there's no reason to consider the Earth is flat :D:D:D
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    I do. I think Earth is flat but so is the Sun and we don't live on the Earth we live on the Sun, and what we think is the Sun is actually just the government shining a flashlight at us

#YoloSwag
    tumblr_p6f7ab5L6S1v707rto1_400.gif
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    @CarolinaCan

Has a certain 'herb' been legalized recently where you live? :D:D
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    No. If the Earth is flat, cats would have tried to push away everything off of it. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    If the earth is flat then why can't I fall off and die?
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options
    Shadyboop wrote: »

Because Antarctica acts as a wall around the borders... obviously :joy:
  • Options
    Shadyboop wrote: »

Because Antarctica acts as a wall around the borders... obviously :joy:

But what about the Artic?
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Too good to finish middle school?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    Flat Earthers are hilarious. Not sure if the OP is trolling actually, but no, definitely don't believe in it. Or that there's a giant ice wall around Earth, or that Australia doesn't exist and that all the people supposedly from there are actors & computer generated images. Lol. Or that you never reach the edge because of the "pacman effect".

No seriously ..I can spend hours reading Flat Earther theories, because they're so funny, but I really don't see how any of those theories are plausible. Let alone, why our governments would spend so much time & effort on making people believe the Earth was round. Like, why? :D So nope, I definitely can't say I believe in a "flat" Earth xD

The only thing I do agree with is how flat Earthers say you should question science & should try to verify things. However, our senses are simply insufficient in this regard. Like the old saying goes, one should not confuse the limits of our own perception with the limits of all there is to perceive.
  • Options
    Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    no. earth doesn't exist, everyone knows that. ;P
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    Of course not
  • Options
    CarolinaCanCarolinaCan Posts: 116 Member
    MMX wrote: »
    Too good to finish middle school?

ya bruh every1 was mean to me so i told them u know what u all suck and i drop out. but i am good now nobody disrespect me.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2018
    No I don't, last time I checked this was NOT an image from space ;)
    661TXiZ.jpg

But this one was :)
    w7821r0.jpg
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    There can be value in questioning what large groups of people perceive to be real, but sometimes accepting the vast quantities of proof and moving on is also good.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    mcrudd wrote: »
    No I don't, last time I checked this was NOT an image from space ;)
    661TXiZ.jpg

But this one was :)
    w7821r0.jpg

Then again, the second one wasn't an image from space either - it was multiple that have been photoshopped together.

I realise I have made myself seem like a Flat Earther - I'm not :joy: but can understand some of their arguments for it :joy: I just enjoy a conspiracy theory every now and then :D
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member

Then again, the second one wasn't an image from space either - it was multiple that have been photoshopped together.

I realise I have made myself seem like a Flat Earther - I'm not :joy: but can understand some of their arguments for it :joy: I just enjoy a conspiracy theory every now and then :D

hahahaha shows you what I know, I blame google images ;) lol :joy:

• Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Nope.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    No, but for those who do believe, the Flat Earth Society reportedly has members all around the globe. ;)
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    No, but for those who do believe, the Flat Earth Society reportedly has members all around the globe. ;)

nyahhahahahahahah
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    How many modern people think the earth is flat?

I think earth is triangle because the stability of the triangle
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    No. If the Earth is flat, cats would have tried to push away everything off of it. :D

This.

And apparently, I don't exist.

Though there is a contrary theory to the australia doesn't exist one, and that is that the entire world is australia, and everyone you've ever met who isn't an australian, is really an australian actor pretending to be from some fake place. Been to paris? It's actually australia with actors. Been to canada? That's australia with actors.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member

#YoloSwag

This post has literally made my day like 10x better; best post ever created on the Sims Forums, hands down! Thank you OP, you absolute legend!

Side note, at a friend's birthday on Saturday night, we tried to persuade our (very drunk) friend that the Earth was flat; sadly it didn't work, since she's a logical human being, even when she's completely hammered (clearly more logical than a flat earther anyways)! xD
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

This.

And apparently, I don't exist.

Though there is a contrary theory to the australia doesn't exist one, and that is that the entire world is australia, and everyone you've ever met who isn't an australian, is really an australian actor pretending to be from some fake place. Been to paris? It's actually australia with actors. Been to canada? That's australia with actors.

Wait, you mean I've been an Australian actor this entire time? (I'm Canadian) Darn, when do I get paid for this? :joy: