Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Sale On Selected Sims DLC ( Till June 21)

Didn't see it anywhere in the forums as yet, for anyone waiting on a sale for an expansion, game or stuff (only saw MFPS) pack.

Comments

• Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I just purchased My First Pet and Jungle Adventure. Both on sale. After dinner I'm going to dive into the packs~
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    SimsfreakmaniacSimsfreakmaniac Posts: 140 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    I just purchased My First Pet and Jungle Adventure. Both on sale. After dinner I'm going to dive into the packs~

I'm downloading JA now :)
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Just got My First Pet, as I would if it was on sale. Was the only pack I was missing. Also pre-purchased Seasons just because. For the first time in my 18 year sim-history, I'm actually caught up on packs and whatnot! :)

JA is awesome. :) Next to Vampires, its my fav GP
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I was hoping laundry would be on sale. Now is a good time to get someone else their own sims 4 base game lol.
    Do we think there will be a 50% off sale yet this summer? Every time I buy the darn things go cheaper the next few days. With the Canadian prices so high (51.99 for Seasons) I really have to be choosy now.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I was thinking of getting JA, but then I realized if I wait, I can create my own bundle. Seasons-JA-backyard stuff pack. Has anyone created their own bundle? Would Seasons be excluded from building own bundle because it's new?
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    I was hoping laundry would be on sale. Now is a good time to get someone else their own sims 4 base game lol.
    Do we think there will be a 50% off sale yet this summer? Every time I buy the darn things go cheaper the next few days. With the Canadian prices so high (51.99 for Seasons) I really have to be choosy now.

Not sure about 50% off but there's still the Origin Summer Sale to look forward to. I would expect at the very least the Base Game to be on sale then. Hopefully more then that though.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Of course the things I don't own are still full price. Every time.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited June 2018
    Going to buy Cats & Dogs and Jungle Adventure. I was just going to buy a physical copy of Cats & Dogs from Amazon but now it's cheaper on Origin which is great.
  • Options
    kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    I just got Cats & Dogs, Jungle Adventure, and My First Pet Stuff!! It's been a while since I've played TS4, so I'm super excited to with my new content.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I'm still looking to get a few game packs. Not interested in Jungle Adventure. Do you guys have any suggestions?
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting JA, but then I realized if I wait, I can create my own bundle. Seasons-JA-backyard stuff pack. Has anyone created their own bundle? Would Seasons be excluded from building own bundle because it's new?

This is what I planned on doing as well, since I don't have JA or MFP yet. I was curious of the same thing.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    BaruBaru Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm thinking of getting either Get to work or Cats and dogs, but can't decide. I haven't enjoyed playing with animals that much in Sims 2, but I'm really excited about the new neighbourhood in Cats and dogs. I really don't want aliens in my game and Magnolia Promenade seems like a bit of a rip off, but I'm very excited about the new careers. In theory I'm also excited about retail stores, but I found them so boring in TS2 (never played TS3).

So, what would you recommend? Is there any stuff/gameplay in Cats and dogs that make the pack worth it even though you're not crazy about the animals? How noticeable are the aliens? Is Magnolia Promenade a better neighbourhood than it seems?
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Baru wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting either Get to work or Cats and dogs, but can't decide. I haven't enjoyed playing with animals that much in Sims 2, but I'm really excited about the new neighbourhood in Cats and dogs. I really don't want aliens in my game and Magnolia Promenade seems like a bit of a rip off, but I'm very excited about the new careers. In theory I'm also excited about retail stores, but I found them so boring in TS2 (never played TS3).

So, what would you recommend? Is there any stuff/gameplay in Cats and dogs that make the pack worth it even though you're not crazy about the animals? How noticeable are the aliens? Is Magnolia Promenade a better neighbourhood than it seems?

Personally I prefer cats and dogs. It just adds more. The world is nice, but isn't really anything special. I like the addition of vet clinics and love the detail put into the pet actions.

Get To Work is okay I guess. The careers are again, okay as they do get repetitive rather quickly. Retail is something I have played around with solely because it takes so much time and effort to just make a small amount of money. Magnolia Promenade is very small but it's nice for restaurants if you have Dine Out. I've never played with aliens, it's not really my thing. I've also never been to Sixam, but I've heard it's really beautiful.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited June 2018
    I kind of want to buy MFP, but I'm waiting for a next GP bundle to get that and Laundry Day (and whatever the GP is).

@Baru Out of those options I prefer Cats & Dogs, but if you don't want to play with animals I'm not sure there's much else? I can't give a strong recommendation for Get to Work either, becuase it feels kind of mediocre to me. Anyway 50% off is a fair deal for either pack. You could make your choice based on CAS and build/buy if it's a tie otherwise?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I have everything but My First Pet this sale changes nothing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I have everything but My First Pet this sale changes nothing.
    same only thing on sale for me. Im not buying it even at 95% off

• Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Is there a reason why only specific packs are on sale? I kind of want Vampires but its not on sale. =/
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Only one stuff pack on sale? How laughable.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    135jif135jif Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi, I don't count as a new member yet so I can't make an official post, so I figured I would post my question as a comment on a few related forums.

I've only ever played sims 2, bought the whole collection right around when sims 3 was coming out so I had the complete experience. Moved, got rid of my desktop, hadn't thought about the sims in a while. Came back from college last summer and found the game in the app store from ASPYR. Downloaded it, but it didn't include Apartment life and Freetime, and I felt like the experience was lacking... I LOVED apartments. Mostly because I felt like it was the closest I could get to story progression in Sims 2, that was one thing I always liked hearing about in the Sims 3.

So now I've decided to make the switch with the on going sale. Keeping in mind that I've never played Sims 3, what packs would you recommend? I like to play for the experience of creating a family and seeing how their children live their life, but I haven't gotten a lot of chance to get too far down the line in Sim 2 as I like to play through every household to keep the ages lined up. I figure I'll download the MCCC for the story progression. I'm getting the vibe that I would like Parenthood for sure, and City Living and Get Together (maybe get to work? does that make sense as a third choice or is it more fun than the others)? Do people think those add good game elements? what other ones are favorites/which are other favorite game or stuff packs?

Also seeing there are bundles on sale, like I could get the base game and dogs/cats for a decent price and then
    City Living, Dine Out, Bowling Night Stuff
    Get Together, Spa Day, Movie Hangout Stuff
    Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Luxury Party Stuff
    are one of these bundles the best combo/deal? Seems like the get together one might be..

Thank you!! Let me know if there's a better place to put this! looking forward to joining the community :-)
  • Options
    @135jif Luxury Party and Bowling Night are one of the least popular stuff packs, but with the discount you could just consider them as a little extra. All game packs are good, so you can't go wrong there. I would skip the Get to Work combo for now and go for City Living and/or Get Together bundles. Origin has the option to build your own bundle (that will cost 49.99), if you want to use that option later on to add your favourite missing content. Also sales are very frequent for everything else but stuff packs. I hope your enjoy being back with sims!
  • Options
    IceColdPrincesIceColdPrinces Posts: 6 New Member
    Woot!!! I finally got my first reduced expansion pack the other day. I was going to try and sweet talk my husband into letting me get another one in this sale - but it ends before we next get paid... so I guess that I'll just wait for the next one instead. At least I now have City Living to help me while away the time.

Playing it so far makes me wonder how Seasons will affect the festivals??? I'm guessing that Geek Con will need a redesign for Seasons since the electronics won't cope well with rain and snow.
  • Options
    135jif135jif Posts: 7 New Member
    > @luimistelija said:
    > @135jif Luxury Party and Bowling Night are one of the least popular stuff packs, but with the discount you could just consider them as a little extra. All game packs are good, so you can't go wrong there. I would skip the Get to Work combo for now and go for City Living and/or Get Together bundles. Origin has the option to build your own bundle (that will cost 49.99), if you want to use that option later on to add your favourite missing content. Also sales are very frequent for everything else but stuff packs. I hope your enjoy being back with sims!

Do you think a custom bundle would work with seasons once it comes out? Thanks for your reply :-)
  • Options
    135jif wrote: »
    > @luimistelija said:
    > @135jif Luxury Party and Bowling Night are one of the least popular stuff packs, but with the discount you could just consider them as a little extra. All game packs are good, so you can't go wrong there. I would skip the Get to Work combo for now and go for City Living and/or Get Together bundles. Origin has the option to build your own bundle (that will cost 49.99), if you want to use that option later on to add your favourite missing content. Also sales are very frequent for everything else but stuff packs. I hope your enjoy being back with sims!

Do you think a custom bundle would work with seasons once it comes out? Thanks for your reply :-)

I don't know if it will work right away, maybe? I wont be able to try it myself as I just bought Jungle Adventure and it was my last missing GP.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    135jif wrote: »
    Hi, I don't count as a new member yet so I can't make an official post, so I figured I would post my question as a comment on a few related forums.

I've only ever played sims 2, bought the whole collection right around when sims 3 was coming out so I had the complete experience. Moved, got rid of my desktop, hadn't thought about the sims in a while. Came back from college last summer and found the game in the app store from ASPYR. Downloaded it, but it didn't include Apartment life and Freetime, and I felt like the experience was lacking... I LOVED apartments. Mostly because I felt like it was the closest I could get to story progression in Sims 2, that was one thing I always liked hearing about in the Sims 3.

So now I've decided to make the switch with the on going sale. Keeping in mind that I've never played Sims 3, what packs would you recommend? I like to play for the experience of creating a family and seeing how their children live their life, but I haven't gotten a lot of chance to get too far down the line in Sim 2 as I like to play through every household to keep the ages lined up. I figure I'll download the MCCC for the story progression. I'm getting the vibe that I would like Parenthood for sure, and City Living and Get Together (maybe get to work? does that make sense as a third choice or is it more fun than the others)? Do people think those add good game elements? what other ones are favorites/which are other favorite game or stuff packs?

Also seeing there are bundles on sale, like I could get the base game and dogs/cats for a decent price and then
    City Living, Dine Out, Bowling Night Stuff
    Get Together, Spa Day, Movie Hangout Stuff
    Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Luxury Party Stuff
    are one of these bundles the best combo/deal? Seems like the get together one might be..

Thank you!! Let me know if there's a better place to put this! looking forward to joining the community :-)

I would go with Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Luxury Party Stuff. You can join your Sim on three careers in GTW, go camping with OR, which in its own way compliments JA, and the stuff in Luxury Party is very nice. Since you skipped Sims 3, you may really love Sims4. The toddlers, in case you haven't heard, are AWESOME.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Didn't see it anywhere in the forums as yet, for anyone waiting on a sale for an expansion, game or stuff (only saw MFPS) pack.

I'm missing Romantic Garden stuff, Bowling Night, Fitness stuff, My First Pet stuff(not really interested anyway), Spooky stuff and Seasons.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything