Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next quarter speculations (Summer 2018)

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
Hi,

What will be released the next quarter (July-Aug.-Sept.) ?

I think there will be 2 Stuff Packs.

Comments

• LawlzimaqtLawlzimaqt Posts: 81 Member
    I for one and hoping for a summer game pack, like a beach pack with hotels and resorts again.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    1 game pack and 1 stuff pack.

2 stuff packs might also be possible since there are no stuff packs this quarter.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    I am just hoping for some kind of pool area/beach area pack. More stuff for water. I know they said this wouldn't be in Stuff Packs before but things change....lounge chairs.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2018
    Honestly, 2 SP might be possible.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    1 game pack and 1 stuff pack for the next quarter and 1 stuff pack for the last quarter.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I don’t think we’ll get much, probably one or two stuff packs. I think they’ll want something bigger for the holidays.
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    A Pool Party SP for late July/early August and Witches/Magic GP for late September. Witches/Magic would fit well for a September 25th or 26th release and could tie into Seasons and holidays.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    I think 1 stuff pack since Seasons will still be fresh by then.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    Hi,

I'm guessing and hoping we get a Pool Stuffpack and a Romantic Based Gamepack Next Quarter.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Hi,

I'm guessing and hoping we get a Pool Stuffpack and a Romantic Based Gamepack Next Quarter.

I hope so to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'd like that Romance GP but I'd much prefer that 80s/video game SP that was in the create your own SP contest. They've already show that they were working on early concept art for it just in case.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I'm almost certain that the so-called "pool parties" of Seasons will be supplemented with a Pool Stuff pack.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I am just hoping for some kind of pool area/beach area pack. More stuff for water. I know they said this wouldn't be in Stuff Packs before but things change....lounge chairs.

Would you pay $10 for a Stuff Pack where the gameplay object was a Lounge Chair? Lol.

Graham said they could do it, but it’s about making meaningful gameplay objects rather than stuff that for most people won’t mean anything.

And if we get things in EPs and GPs, they can reuse them more freely. Adding them in a SP would probably mean that’s the only pack we’d ever see them in as it’s the selling point of the pack.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Would you pay $10 for a Stuff Pack where the gameplay object was a Lounge Chair? Lol.
    You laugh over a lounge chair but we just got a recolor pack with a hamster so a stuff pack with its main item being a lounge chair sounding pretty good right now in comparison at least it would be useful adding to the extremely basic pool activities we have had for years. But sadly they have already said a lounge chair is not in a stuff packs budget so its not happening but I would much rather have seen My First Lounge Chair over the last pack we got.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Graham said they could do it, but it’s about making meaningful gameplay objects rather than stuff that for most people won’t mean anything.

And if we get things in EPs and GPs, they can reuse them more freely. Adding them in a SP would probably mean that’s the only pack we’d ever see them in as it’s the selling point of the pack.

Yes I would. I want more pool items. If I can get pool slides,pool waterfalls,pool bars and floaties I'd be happy with a pool stuffpack. I don't believe that Seasons added anything for pools. We did get kiddie pools for toddlers. That I'm happy about.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I want a Sports themed pack, it would add Hobbies and Fitness wear that I think are very much needed.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

No Graham said on multiple occasions that they couldn’t do lounge chairs in a stuff pack.

Terra wrote: »
    @SimGuruGraham - Does a Sim going back and forth on a swingset really eat up more animation budget than the multiple exaggerated animations of the rock wall?

Yep, it sure does. Same goes for lounge chairs. Same goes for picnic blankets. Those are all objects that would require different Sim "postures" - which are essentially the base pose that we animate Sims from while using an object. These objects are also ones where we'd want Sims to be able to multitask with socialization, and a new posture would require a ton of animation work to support socializing. While supporting multitasking with socializing would be the bulk of the work, there are some other animation issues we'd need to solve for swings specifically that take it out of the realm of things we'd consider in a Stuff Pack.

Absolutely nothing has changed. It’s purely wishful thinking that they suddenly don’t need a ton of new animation to support multitasking on lounge chairs.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @elelunicy wrote: »

No Graham said on multiple occasions that they couldn’t do lounge chairs in a stuff pack.

Terra wrote: »
    @SimGuruGraham - Does a Sim going back and forth on a swingset really eat up more animation budget than the multiple exaggerated animations of the rock wall?

Yep, it sure does. Same goes for lounge chairs. Same goes for picnic blankets. Those are all objects that would require different Sim "postures" - which are essentially the base pose that we animate Sims from while using an object. These objects are also ones where we'd want Sims to be able to multitask with socialization, and a new posture would require a ton of animation work to support socializing. While supporting multitasking with socializing would be the bulk of the work, there are some other animation issues we'd need to solve for swings specifically that take it out of the realm of things we'd consider in a Stuff Pack.

Absolutely nothing has changed. It’s purely wishful thinking that they suddenly don’t need a ton of new animation to support multitasking on lounge chairs.

There was a comment made by him or one of the other Guru’s that they could theoretically fit it in, but it wouldn’t have value for most people seeking gameplay items, as the animations alone would mean a lounge chair alone would be the only feature.

It could have been Grant, I know it was one of them. They were replying to someone who asked how they could have Laundry with 3 gameplay items but Lounge Chairs are too expensive.
  • kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I want a Sports themed pack, it would add Hobbies and Fitness wear that I think are very much needed.

Yes!! This could go perfectly with school pack.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    One stuff pack.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I think one SP and one GP.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I think one or two SP.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I hope for a pool stuff pack with new swimwear for all ages, pool inflatables, new pool interactions, new jumping platforms, and of course a pool slide. It would be nice if they also pay her in the ability to make round pools at some point.

I reckon now that seasons is out we will get a stuff pack or two in the next quarter and a game pack or hopefully another expansion in Q4.
    Car Patch ? Maybe later at the last quarter.

Now this would be super awesome following Seasons a quarter later.