Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vlad the Progenitor

Comments

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    mika wrote: »
    The real question is how does Vlad attract all these women? Unbelievable...

That's just the magic of clubs, hey.
    astera00 wrote:
    To speed up the process, he created a few flirty clubs, "Vlad's Beauties", "Vlad the Dad" and "Vlad's Baby Mamas".

The mood may have been set to romantic, and woohoo may be one of the things these clubs do, so really, he doesn't need to build up their relationships at all that way. It's just a part of the club rules: Woohoo with Vlad.
    Somehow these sim ladies just cannot resist the idea of joining such a club. So uh. Yeah. Your question still stands.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he had the vampiric charm perk just for this challenge. It does make any vampire seem irresistible, even if said vampire is Vlad.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    Call me crazy but I kind of like his face. It's oddly pleasant.

Nah it isn't crazy :smile: A fail rating doesn't mean they're unlikable, just that Vlad's mission to have beautiful offspring failed :sweat_smile: They don't get a successful rating unless his features have been diluted enough and the end result is quite good-looking. All in good fun of course :blush: Some of the faces have quite a bit of character in them and are quite likable/endearing/pleasant, even though they're not good-looking, but Vlad has a very superficial mission here and the ratings must honour that :sweat_smile:

As for how he attracts these women, of course I had to give him a hand. @Magdaleena explained it correctly, the clubs were set to have a flirty vibe and encouraged activities were romance interactions. As points built up, I added the super-flirty vibe too. The sim ladies didn't have much choice in joining the club, because they were added as the club was created. Trust me, they aren't banging down the doors to get with him, it's the vampire charms :cold_sweat: Also, I gave the romantic aura lot trait to his house to make things a bit easier and gave him perks from the reward store.

More screenshots will be up over the next couple of days, as soon as I get some time to take more, so keep an eye out for those :blush:
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I'm loving this thread, and see how powerful Vlad's genetics are. Some of his offspring have turned out quite nice. It is an interesting thing watching how the genetics in this game work.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    astera00 wrote: »
    Lana Vixen, the female Don Lothario of town :sweat_smile: mother to a single vampire daughter.

wRim5ki.png
    Vampire daughter of Lana Vixen. I think we have success here! She resembles her mother strongly, but her face is thinner, with steeper angles. The only obvious Straud feature is her hair and skin colour, as well as her vampirism. It worked! Finally a good-looking Straud offspring.

umRujvk.png

Mission beautiful: SUCCESS! :D

I think think Lana's daughter is the winner when it came to genetics, though Rose isn't too bad. Seline's son isn't that bad either, it is just his eyebrows that are a bit weird. Some of the others look down right terrifying lol. Vlad has some very strong genes.

I should try this challenge some time.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I actually know a guy that looks like Celestine Astor's son, other than hair color.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited June 2018
    Isolde's son is a big win! The nose is tamed a little and with the strong red hair gene... yeah, he's great.
    Alexis Ryder's daughter? I actually said "Holy Heck, wth?" That's just not right.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    The real question is how does Vlad attract all these women? Unbelievable...

It's the vampiric charm, of course!
    giphy.gif
    All right, so I haven't updated much this week since I've been a little real-life busy, then sims-busy having fun building with the new glass roofs, but I've finally got back to my save with Vlad and have some new faces to showcase tonight :innocent:
    Also, after a little feedback, it seems that I've misjudged Isolde's son and the general consensus is that he is not a fail. I've updated his mission outcome accordingly :relaxed:

First up is Ava Ryder (Fox and Lexa's aunt, so there is a family resemblance - her regular, non-Straud daughter will be featuring as another mother soon :sweat_smile: ). She has a human daughter.

MLKxYcl.png
    Ava's human daughter. There's a touch of her mother's cheekbones and she definitely has her mother's nose, but it seems that having a non-Straud nose is not usually enough to save a sim from the horror of his looks, particularly if you inherit his creepy, vacant eyes as this poor girl has done :sweat_smile: Her mouth would have been passable even with the Straud droop, if it wasn't so low down and she wasn't a chinless wonder.

u9HKBn7.png

Mission beautiful: FAIL :sweat:
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,405 Member
    All right, so I haven't updated much this week since I've been a little real-life busy, then sims-busy having fun building with the new glass roofs, but I've finally got back to my save with Vlad and have some new faces to showcase tonight :innocent:
    Also, after a little feedback, it seems that I've misjudged Isolde's son and the general consensus is that he is not a fail. I've updated his mission outcome accordingly :relaxed:

First up is Ava Ryder (Fox and Lexa's aunt, so there is a family resemblance - her regular, non-Straud daughter will be featuring as another mother soon :sweat_smile: ). She has a human daughter.

MLKxYcl.png
    Ava's human daughter. There's a touch of her mother's cheekbones and she definitely has her mother's nose, but it seems that having a non-Straud nose is not usually enough to save a sim from the horror of his looks, particularly if you inherit his creepy, vacant eyes as this poor girl has done :sweat_smile: Her mouth would have been passable even with the Straud droop, if it wasn't so low down and she wasn't a chinless wonder.

u9HKBn7.png

Mission beautiful: FAIL :sweat:

Oh my, this one actually freaked me out. :#

Oh my, this one actually freaked me out. :#

:joy: That reaction made me laugh out loud! :joy:

The next mother is Lorelai Storm, mother of vampire twins.

oGwZ6x2.png
    Her vampire daughter. Oh dear what is this? :cold_sweat: How can she have so much of her mother's features, but still look absolutely awful? The brows are classic Straud, ultra-arched and the mouth is way too low down as well. It's clear she has her mother's nose in a way, but it's an unrefined version. Her eyes are almost her mother's too, just closer together and ever-so-slightly rounder and her mouth appears to be a balanced combination of both her parents. The poor girl, she had so much potential :sweat:

z0eo1IZ.png

Mission beautiful: FAIL :disappointed:

Her vampire son. He had better luck although he has his mother's features less obviously than his sister and still has the Straud nose. His eyes are clearly influenced by his mother's and the nose is a little tamed around the bridge. The mouth isn't as droopy as his sister's and fits onto his face better, although it still isn't much good. He also seems to have a longer version of his mother's face shape. There is something pleasant about him, so he's likeable and not terrible, but let's remember Vad's shallow mission here.

RLETUss.png

Mission beautiful: ALMOST :sweat_smile:
    That's it for now, there will be more soon. The more I look at these, the more I think that the nose isn't the worst part of Vlad to inherit. Some of the children look pretty decent even with that nose, so that doesn't seem to be the killer. What really does kill their looks is getting either his eyes, or the droopiness of the mouth. It's like if you have either one of those or both, then it's very difficult to save the rest :sweat_smile:

I don't think the downturned mouth on it's own is bad, I created Gilda (blonde in the black hat on the first page) with a purposefully very downturned mouth, so that alone doesn't kill it, but having it droop down and rest in the middle of the chin is just awful. Then the eyes. Those eyes :cold_sweat: Why do they have to be so creepy? The irises are so small and the eye so droopy, that they give this blank, lifeless stare :scream: I noticed that all of the most likable ones don't have the eyes.

So, what do you all think of this latest lot? Any that you would like? :relaxed:
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    The son has potential. I wonder what his kids would get.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Isolde's son looks pretty normal. If you give a normal skintone he'd blend in with other sims perfectly.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

edited June 2018
    New set of offspring up tonight everyone! Oh man, how many is this now? I've lost count :sweat_smile:

The mother is Asha Raja and she had twin boys, one vampire, one human. I like her a lot and I'm so sorry that she had to procreate with Vlad :sob::'( On to the results.

fwodaCv.png

Her vampire son. Ugh, those eyes. Why did he get the eyes? Well the angle of his brows isn't as severe as Vlad's, they're more like his mother's, although they aren't the same type. That improves things somewhat. He has Vlad's nose and mouth too although the whole look is rather softened. Unfortunately, that isn't enough to be a success :sweat_smile:Quite disappointed with this one as he has a pretty decent dark form, but since I didn't think to post any dark forms for previous vampires who had it, seems a bit pointless now.

Also, can I just say how much I love the fact that he inherited his mother's beauty spot? Of all the born-in-game offspring I've seen so far, I don't think any have inherited facial marks like beauty spots and freckles, so that was a nice touch. I also just noticed that he doesn't have the same colour eyes as Vlad, he has the mixed-blue colour, which is another detail I appreciate - it's like the blue-grey of Vlad's and the green of Asha's mixed togther. I don't know if that was a random decision by the program or intentional.

Bdws2NT.png

Mission beautiful: ALMOST :disappointed:

Her human son. I think we have success! Despite inheriting Vlad's nose and brows (although a softened version of them), he has a pleasant look overall and so I think we can rate this one as a success. He doesn't quite have his mother's eyes, they're a little different, but he does have her mouth. Not getting Vlad's eyes definitely helped :sweat_smile: Even Vlad's cheekbones and jaw somehow look good on him. This one's interesting because he has so much of Vlad's features obviously present, but they've blended to a softer mix with his mother's features and he missed out on the very worst features to inherit.

tL5TzfH.png

Mission beautiful: SUCCESS! :joy:
    edited June 2018
    I like both Asha's sons and would give the vampire one an Almost. He's passable.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

The next mother is Jinx Sphinx, mother to one vampire daughter. She might look familiar because her face is pretty much one of the pre-set ones which I didn't tweak much. She was made in the very early days as I was getting to grips with CAS. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd sim I made.

B0FOERf.png

Her vampire daughter. First of all, I have no idea how her eyes could have turned out like that, considering how round and large her mother's are. Oh well, at least they're not Vlad's :cold_sweat: Otherwise, she's almost completely her mother. She doesn't have the same brows, but they do have a flat angle like hers. The only feature of note she inherited from Vlad are the face shape/cheekbones and what's not obvious from this angle is how the eyes are pushed in slightly and the forhead protrudes. Otherwise, you can't see much of him at all.

njgjppU.png

Mission beautiful: SUCCESS! :grinning:
  • PeterbiltPeterbilt Posts: 6 New Member
    I like Lana's daughter and also Asha's second son! The other one's gave me a good laugh though. Now I really want to try this in my game, it seems like something fun to do!!
    @citysimmer Okay, I guess he isn't as horrifying as the other fails is he? I think I must have been comparing him to his brother too much. I'll update his rating :blush:
    edited June 2018
    @citysimmer Okay, I guess he isn't as horrifying as the other fails is he? I think I must have been comparing him to his brother too much. I'll update his rating :blush:

*flashbacks to Cassandra D'Arcy's daughter* Definitely not as bad.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

@citysimmer :scream: Oh definitely not as bad :joy: I think sometimes I'm making the mistake of comparing to those I'm uploading at the same time, instead of the whole lot.

Another thing I've noticed, is that their hairstyles are having some influence too :persevere: Remember, I don't do any tweaking or styling on them, I only change the hairstyle if it's hiding some of their features - notice that none of them have fringes. As soon as they age up, I go into CAS and screenshot. If I were to do this more scientifically and start again, I would choose one non-obscuring style for the females and one for the males, so that they could be compared more directly. Oh well, I'm not going to go back and redo them.

Besides that, I only post a 3/4 view of the faces, which is a bit of a weakness. Sometimes there are some details you won't see, like a horrifying side profile that might influence my decision. I chose the 3/4 angle because it was a good compromise between the front view, where details of cheekbones and noses would be missing or the prodile view, where obviously the face as a whole would be missing. Ideally it would be better to put two pictures, one front, one profile, but it's just so much to combine them. This is a bit of fun.

@Peterbilt I'm glad you enjoyed it :blush: There are more coming over the days, as they age up and I get around to screenshoting them, so come back every now and again. Those two are defintely some of the best offspring so far. Asha's second son looks quite a bit like Lexa Ryder's vampire son too.
    edited June 2018
    It seems to me that Jinx Sphinx's eyes are the same (or a similar) pre-set as her daughters, just with the eyelid pulled up/opened (if that makes sense) at the middle, making Jinx's eyes very round and cartoony.

Compare the first picture to the second—both use the same eye pre-set. Image one just has the "openness" slider at max and the second image has the slider at minimum. I've noticed that pre-sets are more often passed on than slider value.
    OXBjMmX.png
    G7Mdx7S.png
    Post edited by TurquoisePapaya on
    giphy.gif
    I'm also very curious what Jinx's daughter's children look like—how much of Vlad will disappear by then? Hmm... maybe J Huntington would be a good match. I've always had good results with his kids, even those born in game.
    giphy.gif
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    These latest 3 are a success in my book. Even with the mouth, the first son isn't bad. Jinx's kid is awesome.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2018
    I use MCCC and I have been following Vlad's relationships with interest! He has had two human wives so far (the first died and the second is now was an elder). None of his children have been much to look at except his first daughter and she is drop dead gorgeous (in my opinion - it might just be me). She definitely has his colouring and sort of the same facial structure, but thankfully not his nose! I was super surprised because Vlad is not exactly a looker. I have not edited her at all (or Vlad himself, I might add), except for makeup and clothes. Oh, and I changed her name to Svetlana because the game called her Harper and that didn't fit. She also was not a vampire, despite looking like one, so I had Vlad turn her. I cheated to make her a grand master vampire because I probably won't be playing her so I don't have time to get her there myself - and I needed to get her the sun immunity so she didn't go dying on me.

She had a husband and step daughter but I didn’t think they are worthy of her and I wanted her to move in with Vlad, so I arranged for her husband to be out too long during the day (he was a vampire too) and for Vlad to bang his wife to death (they woohooed twice in a row - she was an elder). Now, Vlad and his daughter are an evil vampire daughter-father power couple terrorising their neighbours.

Normal form:
    NSRRMxb.png

dpu5uPE.png

Dark form:
    F3kpoIG.png
    NRFuNU0.png