Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 and Finances

ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
(I hope this is in the right category...)

Something that I feel TS4 lacks a lot in is finances. Some really, easily fixable features that I would love to see in TS4 (from TS2 and TS3) are:

1) Transferring money between households when a family is splitting. I do find it kind of ridiculous that, for example, if I am moving out a person from a family that has maybe 400k simoleons, that the person leaving only gets about 20,000 simoleons and nothing transacted out of the original household. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure TS2 would transfer money between households. *I might be wrong on this one, please correct me if I am.

2) Owning real estate. I really liked the feature in TS3 where families were allowed to own other houses and community lots. I know sims can now own retail stores, but it is not the same to me.

3) Inheritance. If I recall correctly, in TS2, if the parents of a sim died, a pop up would show stating that the sim was left with a certain amount of simoleons. I think that is another great feature to bring back.
latest?cb=20100501214000
(Photo Credits to SimsWiki)

I am aware I can simply use cheats to add/deduct simoleons but it can be a pain and the features stated above would add more realism to the game.
webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I would really like if the funds management screen came back from TS1, where you could see how high your bills were, the household income and expenses.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Okto84Okto84 Posts: 197 Member
    Yes, I want this too! Money and property in TS4 is quite basic at the moment. I'd like to have a balance sheet, see where money is coming and going. Inheritance and splitting money when moving out is good too, in fact I'd like the inheritance to be inheriting any bank money and lots, so they can do whatever with them, live in them, take some items or sell everything, whatever really. But that would need the option to own multiple lots - which I'd also like.
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 637 Member
    I definitely want the inheritance part to come back from the Sims 2, there's so little that the elderly sims can do but I think it'd be more motivation for "ambitious" sims to be nice to their elders for hopes of inheriting something.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited June 2018
    I really want to be able to own real estate and but vacation homes again. I want more options for running and owning businesses. A higher cap on simoleons. Just more ways to spend & use/move money need to exist in general.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    I agree with everything you said, @ElenPink.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I totally agree with the OP.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Thanks guys (:
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited June 2018
    In The Sims 1, if you click on the household funds, you'll open the budget panel where you can see today's and 3 day earnings and spendings. I liked this feature and would like it back.