Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help

kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 2
I need help with installing a house. I downloaded this house but it wasn't being installed. So, I downloaded the Clean Installer. Whenever I try to install using the Clean Installer, it says "Could not find a part of the path", and then it says this shortcut thing. I tried researching about this issue but I couldn't find anything. If you can help me out, please do!!

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Right click on the package file you want to install. Choose open with, then browse, go to this path.

Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin.

Choose PackageInstaller.

Make sure to check the "always open this kind of file with this program " option. Then click open or ok Then the install this package screen should come up. :)
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Right click on the package file you want to install. Choose open with, then browse, go to this path.

Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin.

Choose PackageInstaller.

Make sure to check the "always open this kind of file with this program " option. Then click open or ok Then the install this package screen should come up. :)

I'll try this out in the morning. Thank you! :)<3
  • Options
    ok @JULES1111 I did everything you said. When I chose the PackageInstaller, it said that I was missing expansion content. However, I have the Ultimate Collection. Is there something wrong with my Installer or the package?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    kaitlyn0 wrote: »
    ok @JULES1111 I did everything you said. When I chose the PackageInstaller, it said that I was missing expansion content. However, I have the Ultimate Collection. Is there something wrong with my Installer or the package?

It is probably having issues because UC uses a different file path. I don't remember if I had to do this (it has been a while since I downloaded or used clean installer) You can try this though.

Unticking "Default installation"
    Opening the dropdown where it says Teleport (for lots) or SavedSims (for sims)
    Clicking Browse
    Selecting the Teleport or SavedSims folder in your Ultimate Collection folder (in documents)

If you want Clean Installer to do this automatically every time:
    Open the folder where you installed Clean Installer (usually, C:/Program Files (x86)/Sims2Pack Clean Installer)
    Copy the file S2PCI to your Desktop
    Open it with Notepad
    Change the line
    SaveGamePath=""
    to say
    SaveGamePath="C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2™ Ultimate Collection" (or whatever file path leads to your game folder in documents)
    Save and close Notepad
    Copy the file back into your Clean Installer folder, say yes you want to replace. (you can make a back up of the original if you would like.)

Then try to install again, check your teleport folder in documents/sims 2 uc to see if it installed correctly. You should be able to see stuff in there if it did, before launching the game.
  • Options
    CurlCurl Posts: 34 Member
    I'd recommend just using Clean Installer and install the House. It'll automatically place it in the correct location and unpack the contents, which is in the Teleport folder located in your Sims 2 Documents.

Just search: Clean Installer Sims 2 on ModTheSims or in Google, and find it under Mootilda. :)
  • Options
    Curl wrote: »
    I'd recommend just using Clean Installer and install the House. It'll automatically place it in the correct location and unpack the contents, which is in the Teleport folder located in your Sims 2 Documents.

Just search: Clean Installer Sims 2 on ModTheSims or in Google, and find it under Mootilda. :)

I'm trying to use Clean Installer to install the house but it's not working properly. :/
  • Options
    It's still not installing!! I'm getting so plum annoyed
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Does your Sims 2 folder have the "TM" in it? If so, try taking that out and see if that lets the Clean Installer find where it needs to put things.
  • Options
    It's still not installing!! I'm getting so plum annoyed

Sorry it is still not installing. You should be able to direct it to the folder. I don't know why it isn't working now. :/
  • Options
    Guess who accidentally just deleted all of her saves!!
  • Options

OMG how did you do that? :o
  • Options

I have no idea! I loaded my game and my family wasn't showing up!!

I was really upset about it last night because I was really attached to this family. Thankfully I wasn't very progressed with them.
  • Options

I was really upset about it last night because I was really attached to this family. Thankfully I wasn't very progressed with them.

That is so sad. Was the town they were in showing up? They are saved together.
  • Options

The town was showing up, but they weren't. Like their house was empty and it was for sale :(

I tried going into the game files to find them (like TS3) but I couldn't.
  • Options

The town was showing up, but they weren't. Like their house was empty and it was for sale :(

What town were you playing?
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Riverblossom Hills
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Riverblossom Hills

I had played Belladona Cove once and it decided to reset itself one day, so I was wondering if it was the same town. Don't know why it did that, though. It hasn't happened again, but I don't really play in the premade neighborhoods so I don't know how common or not that glitch is.
  • Options

That is so odd, I wonder how the sims just disappeared? The only way that should happen is if you delete or replace the neighborhood. :/

@Seera1024 That is weird, I have never had that happen. I have always plsyed with the game hoods, I never had a issue like that. I wonder what would cause that?

• Options

That is so odd, I wonder how the sims just disappeared? The only way that should happen is if you delete or replace the neighborhood. :/

@Seera1024 That is weird, I have never had that happen. I have always plsyed with the game hoods, I never had a issue like that. I wonder what would cause that?

I have absolutely no idea. Luckily, I hadn't really played for long in the neighborhood so I didn't lose anything that I was deeply attached to. It sounds like it's the same thing that happened to @kaitlyn0 just to a different neighborhood, though. And unfortunately, due to that, I didn't memorize what I had done around that time so I have nothing I can even ask the OP if they did that or not.
  • Options
    How weird! I wonder what happened...

Also, those plum lots STILL won't install! I think I'm hopeless...
  • Options
    @kaitlyn0 Can you post a link to the house? I'm not at home at the moment, but if you post a link I can try when I get home or someone else may be able to do so.
  • Options
    FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    Have you ever done any of the VBTs in that hood? Like deleting sims from the bin or place occupied lots in the lot bin? Cause that causes corruption straight away in a hood and even though you might not see it straight away your hood will eventually pack it in. Also all the maxis hoods come corrupted in some way when shipped especially the base hoods. You should install these ones as they have been cleaned up. https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html
  • Options
    Have you ever done any of the VBTs in that hood? Like deleting sims from the bin or place occupied lots in the lot bin? Cause that causes corruption straight away in a hood and even though you might not see it straight away your hood will eventually pack it in. Also all the maxis hoods come corrupted in some way when shipped especially the base hoods. You should install these ones as they have been cleaned up. https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

I don't know about the OP and her neighborhood, but I had not done anything that would create a VBT in Belladonna Cove before it went belly up.
  • Options
    Yeah, I didn't do anything to corrupt the neighborhood either.