Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk About The Calendar: Full Pic Of Calendar Added

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    So maybe you click the day and the possible activities come up.. or does that happen when you are making a holiday? And what is the diff between an event and a holiday? Soooo many questions. I want to have it now!

That's when creating a holiday.

As for the other thing...

My guess is:

Holidays are an all-day event, loosely themed, located wherever you can do the traditions and you can just do the ones you want for Satisfaction Points, or ignore them completely. They are on the calendar for the whole save and anyone can take part.

Events are the social events/parties that have start time, location, guest lists and the optional goals for rewards. New part is that it looks like we can schedule them in advance now.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited June 2018
    I think the Seasons calendar is cute <3
    The fact it shows weather is kinda funny, as it reminds me of real life - good for trying to remember the unexpected storm or snowfall date.
    (end up having to check info on pics I take).

BTW, most of my life I had believed a week technically started on a Sunday.
    So I was confused and wondered why...
    I found this:
    "According to international standard ISO 8601, Monday is the first day of the week. It is followed by Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Sunday is the 7th and final day.
    Although this is the international standard, several countries, including the United States, Canada, and Australia consider Sunday as the start of the week."
    Once again. I learn a technicality because of the Sims games, lol. :*
    Sims games are what first encouraged me to learn my way around computer hardware & software, years ago.
    (It was mostly due to game issues, CC, & Mods.)

I hope the calendar proves to be as useful & cool as it seems to be. B)
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited June 2018
    Quick question: is the calendar exclusive to the Seasons pack or do they have word that this will have some sort of functionality without it in a free patch?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think they would put the calendar in a patch. The main job of the calendar is to schedule holidays and if you don't buy Seasons, you won't get the holidays. It also shows the weather and temps for a few days ahead, but again, no Seasons, no calendar.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    They said on the blog that one of the features of this pack is the calendar. So, yeah, I think it's exclusive.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Quick question: is the calendar exclusive to the Seasons pack or do they have word that this will have some sort of functionality without it in a free patch?

I've been wondering if the ability to schedule events in advance will come in the patch, but it's unlikely since it's tied to the calendar.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I think they just set up the calendar the way most, if not all calendars are displayed here in the U.S. It really is odd when you think about it, but Monday actually is considered the standard start of the week and Sunday is the last day of the weekend. I have no idea why calendars put Sunday as the first day, but that's just how it's always been for some reason. *shrugs*

I love how they use the Freezer Bunny dressed up to represent the different kinds of weather for that particular day. So cute, made me smile! :)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I wonder how "Air Grievances" would work with a pack of evil/mean sims?
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I'm ridiculously excited about the calendar function. You can schedule birthday parties potentially so I don't forget. Also club events because I actually really dig the club system so i'm hoping that we can schedule stuff for that. Hurry up June 22nd!
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    I wonder if we'll be able to see the CL festivals on the calendar so we can maybe plan around it.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
    I wonder if we'll be able to see the CL festivals on the calendar so we can maybe plan around it.

I was wondering about this too. I think originally, the festivals were set up in an odd way so that they popup at odd times with the appearance of no real schedule. But, because this is a game, surely they could have the festivals "notify" your calendar but probably only on the day of. It was probably more trouble than it was worth.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    You should add this to your original post so simmers new to the thread don't have to dig for it.

I like this, but I hope it addresses one of my pet peeves with this game.
    Sims that call and ask your sims out.
    I hope we can schedule them as an event because I hardly ever take up anyone on their offer because the timing is usually bad.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    You should add this to your original post so simmers new to the thread don't have to dig for it.

I hope we can schedule them as an event because I hardly ever take up anyone on their offer because the timing is usually bad.

Those calls inviting your sim out that popup require you to say yes or no. If you say yes, off you go, so there wouldn't be time enough to schedule a surprise event that happens instantaneously.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Those calls inviting your sim out that popup require you to say yes or no. If you say yes, off you go, so there wouldn't be time enough to schedule a surprise event that happens instantaneously.

They could have made it so we re-schedule or take a rain check. Obviously there's no need to re-schedule if we choose Yes.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member

That's too bad.
    We should be able to work around though, shouldn't we?
    Say no and then schedule a similar meetup with the person and place and time of our choosing?
    Can we do that?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

That's too bad.
    Say no and then schedule a similar meetup with the person and place and time of our choosing?
    Can we do that?

Of course.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    When it's inconvenient to go (usually) I give them a quick phone call soon after.
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I thought the calendar functions were awesome :p Most people will be happy with the calendar. The one thing I'm sad about is one event a day. But we get to plan ahead for dinner parties.
  • LucyCatxLucyCatx Posts: 51 Member
    im so excited for the calendar, i literally love everything about it: the icons are amazing, it tells you the upcoming weather and it shows you your holidays. i love it so much!!
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member

That's too bad.
    Can we do that?

Can we actually specify who is going to be involved when there is something on the calendar? I kinda assumed we'd just get a pop up when it starts asking who we want to invite, considering that they're in there sometimes weeks ahead of time and you have no idea who you'll know at the time.. and that calendars were for Holidays only, not meet ups?
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    It seems to provide LOTS of gameplay possibilities. I always hated how events started as soon as they hanged out the phone but now we can plan in advance which is great. Offers lots of customization too which is always a good thing in my book since I love to have options to create more diverse stories.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    mctsimmer wrote: »
    I thought the calendar functions were awesome :p Most people will be happy with the calendar. The one thing I'm sad about is one event a day. But we get to plan ahead for dinner parties.

They stated one Holiday per day, but I don't think there's a limit on events.
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    mctsimmer wrote: »

They stated one Holiday per day, but I don't think there's a limit on events.

I tried to put another holiday for the family. I tried to do another event when the holiday hours were active. The preset holiday was long. We might be able to add something after the set time is complete for the household. The time frame I played didn't span a full day in sim time. So I'm thinking when holidays are shorter we can add another in same household.
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Really like that calendar!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top