Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk About The Calendar: Full Pic Of Calendar Added

Comments

• Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    I wonder how the birthdays will work? Actually I guess it'll just be whatever day they're supposed to age up on, wherever that happens to land seasonally. Makes me wish Zodiac signs made a return! Calendar sounds like it'll definitely be helpful in keeping track of stuff.

Oh yeah good point because for example my birthday is in march so its spring every time its my birthday but I wonder if their birthdays will be on the same season all the time?
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    Sounds cool, I feel as I like to play multiple households I'm definitely in the group that would use it more often man every bit of info just makes it seem further away ha, oh well good to be excited. :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    I know some people say that sims seem robotic, and of course they're a simulation game. A lot of the fun has to come from our own imaginations. That being said, the calendar may seem simple, but it gives sims things to look forward to which is such a human quality.

I'm really excited. :)
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    At first the calendar didn't sound like much, but if it's anything like the club system then it's pretty cool I guess. The club system is probably my favorite EP feature (considering I'm not the biggest fan of EPs in this installment, that says a lot) so I'm all for any creative feature that is similar to it.
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    I wonder how long each season will be and if we will have months??
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    I wonder how long each season will be and if we will have months??
    7 days but you can change it
  • ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    I am going to schedule wacation for my sims in summer! :D i wonder if every sim will have private callendar or whole famili will share one B)
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    It could be on your sims phone like ours are.

I hope not. That wouldn't work for when I play medieval families
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Does anyone know if we can remove the default holidays?
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I have long aging and currently give my sims birthdays but I have to track it by having them take a picture of themselves, then naming the photo with the day of their birthday, then editing it every week on that day so that I know when 4 weeks have passed. I was already looking forward to seasons so I could note the season and day, then just update it on their actual birthday rather than every week. But now I get an actual calendar system where they can have actual birthdays! I'm so excited for this feature. Not to mention being able to plan holidays and social events. I could even schedule one night a week as date night and one day as family day.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I can't wait to recreate my Italian calendar!!! Aaaaaaah
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    I have a feeling once people actually get their hands on this calendar it will make especially those happy who love to micro manage everything in their game! I seriously could care less about all those popup notifications, I seriously am looking forward to this calendar as we can see Sims birthdays in advance and can plan ahead! All the holidays are also listed etc. I think this feature alone will make people happy. Right now everyone can say what they want, but I know once it's out, they will love it :wink:

This could be true. I love micromanaging in the sims, it's why I love family play. Get everyone up in time, ready in time, get someone to walk the dog, another to make breakfast, see if everyone's done their homework, had time for their hobbies, date nights for the parents, quality adventure time with the dogs & cuddling the cat often enough for it not to run away all the time :D And I think I'll love the calendar.

Trying to find that perfect spot for a toddler play date or my teenage sim's first romantic encounter, seeing who has time to take the dog for a checkup, finding a way to get everyone together in time on gift giving day, knowing exactly whose birthdays are coming up & thinking of all the important family & non-family members to invite ahead of time, just organising a family vacation / hangout at the park, or being able to plan family reunions around memorable family events (like everyone getting together each winter on the day of grandpa's death or whatever), and so on ... are things I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy xD

I think the calendar fits the relevance of having seasons rather well (or to me anyway, because it's why they've always been so important to my playstyle: having cold, rainy or snowy days instead of eternal summer and the actual passing of time). Idk exactly how it will work, but you might be on to something concerning who this will appeal to, because the micromanaging simmer in me is clearly glowing in anticipation to have all this information collected in one place & to be able to plan around my sims' busy schedules and nature's schedule, the weather, even ahead of time if I'd like (finally!).

Oh and speaking of nature's schedule, I also love the fact that we can check the weather forecast for all the worlds & that different neighbourhoods within the same world might have very slight weather variations :D Anyway, I know the calendar seems pretty dumb to some people, but I think that all in all, I just really like these kinds of realistic, perhaps slightly micro-managey additions & in this case, they are coming with weather effects, a real temperature system, lots of fun new activities, a new career & general expanding of the gardening system, and ... BEES ... So the calendar's just a fun & useful addition to a pack I'm pretty sure I'll love & that I, for one, am actually very excited about!

Sorry for the wall of text, I got a bit carried away.

ETA: edited for clarity, or to make it less wall-of-textly ... :/
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I play rotations and use an insane spreadsheet to keep track of birthdays and events (even the CL festivals) but having it in game is going to be amazing!! This is the best!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The calendar icon is next to the phone icon.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I wonder how the birthdays will work? Actually I guess it'll just be whatever day they're supposed to age up on, wherever that happens to land seasonally. Makes me wish Zodiac signs made a return! Calendar sounds like it'll definitely be helpful in keeping track of stuff.

You could always play with aging off then age sims on whatever day they were born.

E.G, Born on Day 3 Sum, Y1 - ages to Toddler on Day 3 Sum, Y2 and to Child on Day 3 Sum, Y8

that's a good idea! will have to fiddle with lifespans and season lengths a bit to have it fit all nicely together.
    6riwm5.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member

According to this it doesn't seem to be an object.

That makes sense. It needs to be a system we can access at any time, not only through an object. Having it as a separate item to the phone will make it harder to just forget about, too. Plus maybe it'll have its own notification different from what phones do.
    Well I must say, I am glad I was wrong, must really include a lot of features, and birthdays are automatically put on? That’s neat.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    This is huge!
    0KtaNGv.jpg[/spolier]

This is perfect, I've wanted this ability back since the beginning of Sims 4. I'm also hoping we can plan group meetings with this, I love to micromanage but sometimes it can get overwhelming with a larger family. If I'm able to schedule reoccurring group meetings I'd be pretty elated.
  • teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    I wonder if we can use this to plan a vacation. It would be so cool to plan one around sim's schedules and the weather!!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    This is huge!
    0KtaNGv.jpg[/spolier]

Now that's awesome. It'll be so nice to plan parties and gathering in advance. :)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I mentioned it in another thread about calendars, but it seems like you can mark in how long you want a sim that doesn't live in your household to visit. I'm really hoping this is a thing because the possibilities of this use are just huge to me. I'm trying not to dwell on it frankly but I'm excited to see how it will play out.

Agreed I hope that's a thing, like in the story with Vlad. It would be soo cool to invite the grandparents over for a whole weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top