Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What part of making a new sim do you struggle with most?

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Eyes
    Eyes are a pain since sometimes you can't get the eye lash you want with the eye-shape you want.
    Double for me since I use CC lashes and I get stuck with a thick monolash just to get the eyes I need.

I wish you could adjust eye lash lengths independently.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Other
    Definitely the Same Face Syndrome. Whenever I make a sim whether it be a GIRL or a BOY. They would always have the same set of eyes, bone structure and etc. I more often base them on as many real people pictures now to help me get some new faces for my sims :D
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    Eyes
    When trying to recreate Sims from real life people, the eyes and overall face shape seem to be the worst for me. I don't seem to struggle with nose or lips, and the cheeks I just arbitrarily mess around with until I get the shape I want. But the eyes seems to kill me...takes forever to get right sometimes.

Though, one of my worst issues when recreating real people is the hair. While the styles are generally good, it's the color. I really do not like that certain haircolors only have one highlight option available. That drives me nuts. And sometimes I like certain hairstyles, but cannot get it in solid color...it may come with some crazy highlight, like blue or green!
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Other
    Maybe it’s a little trivial but I struggle a lot with picking a name. Doesn’t matter if it’s Male or female: I have a thing for picking names that complement my sims well.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Other
    I have problems with the nose, but I have the most trouble with traits. I end up usingthe same few over and over again...
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Other
    CK213 wrote: »
    Eyes are a pain since sometimes you can't get the eye lash you want with the eye-shape you want.
    Double for me since I use CC lashes and I get stuck with a thick monolash just to get the eyes I need.

I wish you could adjust eye lash lengths independently.

I'd recommend the EA lash remover by Cien Rosa (I think that's their name?). It also has an option to put the EA lashes back at anytime in Skin Details
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• breezydeerbreezydeer Posts: 111 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I have problems with the nose, but I have the most trouble with traits. I end up usingthe same few over and over again...

Try randomizing traits. :)
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Other
    Making my sims look different from each other
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited June 2018
    Other
    breezydeer wrote: »
    I always have a hard time with their traits. I never know what to give them and always wind up using the same ones over and over.

Try randomizing traits. It's game-changing.

Yeah i've tried that. The problem is if I don't like the traits they get I just keep randomizing till they get one I do. Then they just wind up with the same traits again. Guess i'm just too picky :D
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    Other
    Does makeup count? I don't know how to make sims who don't resemble me look good. I have to research what's stylish first.
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Other
    Makeup is a thing I just skip over entirely. The stuff we get from the game doesn't even look that good; maybe it would work if there was a way to lower the opacity, but there isn't. And I don't care enough to hunt down CC for it; it's just not my thing at all.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Dallasking2018Dallasking2018 Posts: 73 Member
    Other
    the body getting it to the way i want is a struggle
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited June 2018
    Cheeks
    Cheeks for me - I don't want them to be too thin but not too chubby either. I will spend ages slightly adjusting the depth of the cheeks, and moving cheek bones up and down, then turning my Sims to the side to see how they look from that angle. It's a difficult balance to find imo.

Jaws would be a close second.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Other
    I voted other. I tweak the preset face/body that's the closest to what I want and work from there.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • TiaDogTiaDog Posts: 79 Member
    Other
    the makeup. Honestly it has to be perfect to me, everything else can be a disaster but as long as the makeup is good i'm fine. One time I spent 3 hours choosing the make up (I have cc) and then realized she didn't have the skin color I wanted.
    Sims Games I like to play - Sims 2 / Sims Medieval / Sims 2 Pets ( Wii ) / MySims / MySims Kingdom ( Wii )
    i-like-to-be-alone-but-i-hate-being-lonely-quote-1.jpg
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Other
    I usually have a creative spark but as of lately I struggle making new sims sometimes

I have a bad habit of using the same old traits and try to pick different ones

Then it boils down to a mish mash design that's kinda decent
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Eyes
    ShaddBoi wrote: »
    When trying to recreate Sims from real life people, the eyes and overall face shape seem to be the worst for me. I don't seem to struggle with nose or lips, and the cheeks I just arbitrarily mess around with until I get the shape I want. But the eyes seems to kill me...takes forever to get right sometimes.

Though, one of my worst issues when recreating real people is the hair. While the styles are generally good, it's the color. I really do not like that certain haircolors only have one highlight option available. That drives me nuts. And sometimes I like certain hairstyles, but cannot get it in solid color...it may come with some crazy highlight, like blue or green!

@ShaddBoi Me too! I just tried to create people in real life and I failed miserably! Every part of the face came out distorted. Sometimes it is the result of limited CAS options. Some people can make these sims look like the real person. Not me.
  • ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    edited June 2018
    Eyes
    ShaddBoi wrote: »

@ShaddBoi Me too! I just tried to create people in real life and I failed miserably! Every part of the face came out distorted. Sometimes it is the result of limited CAS options. Some people can make these sims look like the real person. Not me.

@Anthonydyer Haha yeah...some simmer creators have remarkable talent at recreating real people. I am just not that good I guess haha.

I had a hard enough time recreating some of my favorite sims cast from sims 3, but I ended up just reimagining some of them anyway, which made it much easier!

Houses appear to be more my thing haha
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Other
    Trying to decide whether to make a Sim based more closely on the facial features that come up randomly (usually if it is a male sim that doesn't look like the others in my game, or if it is an ethnic looking Sim that comes up randomly), or based on what type of clothing I would like to have them wear (usually if it is a female sim).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    Other
    breezydeer wrote: »
    citysimmer wrote: »

Try randomizing traits. :)

I've tried that but often I'm really not happy with the traits I get, I'm picky lol
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Other
    For me it's the proportions. Distance between the eyes, or distance between lips and nose.....Sometimes no matter how much I tweak, it just looks a little off.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Other
    All of it.
  • marcieisqueenmarcieisqueen Posts: 2 New Member
    Males in general. The preset eyes, lips, and noses are all just super hard to work with. The lips are either way too big or too thin, and I feel like all the eyes have monolids? I just keep using the same few hairstyles for all my male sims so it's hard to get them to look different from one another.
  • ShadowSixxShadowSixx Posts: 154 Member
    Sometimes I forget you can make multiple outfits.
    giphy.gif
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Other
    I never build sims from scratch, I find a base I like then I tweak the features to get them the way I want them to look. As for the hardest part with Creating a new sim, I always have issues with the clothing options, especially if I'm recreating a book character or a certain type of person, if that makes any sense.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults