Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback on relationships and issues with using other player's sims

phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
Dear EA,

Relationships in this game seem to cause issues. I had one person on my friends list delete me probably because I retired my sim the other player's sim was in a relationship with in their game. I'm only guessing the person who deleted me is upset I retired my sim which has now effected their game in a negative way. I get several relationship friends requests. These players have no idea if my sim is already in a relationship in my game. This would give another player a clue I won't let them have permission to move my sim in their game if that is their intention in the long run. There is no way of another player knowing if my sim is up for retirement etc. I hear you can't transfer sims to another player's game if the sim is up for retirement.

There are several others who have posted in here they got into relationships with other players sims. They build up the relationship with the other player's sim to move in their game. They do not know that when they get into a relationship with another player's sim, they need the owner of the sim to give permission to have their sim move in with the other player. They also don't know by asking permission to move in another player's sim, it will take the sim out of the original owner's game. If the original owner gives permission to move their sim in another player's game, they may not know they will loose their sim to the other player.

I hope EA is working on a fix for these issues. It's not effecting me because I use my own sims however I could see why people are getting upset because they want to use other player's sims rather than create their own. You do have allot of younger players who might get upset over these issues more so than an adult. EA might start loosing more players if someone works hard on a relationship only to have that sim retire mid way, or they don't get permission to take another player's sim etc.

Thanks for listening :)

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I just noticed if another player's sim is close to retirement, the only way to know is to add the sim to contacts to see how many traits the sim has. If a sim has four traits showing , they could be retired at any moment by the player who owns the sim. I'm sure not every player may use contacts when starting a friendship or relationship with another players sim. Without using contacts, a player has no idea when a sim is due to retire. I hope EA will implement a better system on relationships in the future to where it shows the sim's relationship status, if the sim is married in the original owners game, retirement status, job level etc. I think this would help other players before deciding to have a romantic relationship with another player's sim.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I agree, I think they should tweak the system a bit to let us know their marital status, job, etc. I would also like for the notifications to let me know what kind of friendship/romance is happening among simmers. I’m getting notifications about friendship levels being increased but it doesn’t really let me know what is happening. I think the relationships in the game are confusing because it allows simmers to get together and have babies but it doesn’t inform you until your sim is being asked to move in and if you decline, then you’ve just possibly ruined someone’s story. I pursued a romantic relationship and when I visited their home, I realized they already had a family so I had to stop that relationship. Luckily, I hadn’t invested a lot of time in that relationship, but I can imagine how it must be for simmers who did only to have it be declined in the end or only to find out the sim gets retired.

Questions about relationships/family:

If I move out my son, would he stay in the family tree/generations list?

If another player were to marry or have children with my sim, would I get a notification?

Am I able to see children that my sim or my sim’s (adult) children have had with other players?

If someone were to marry my nonplayable children, would they move out without a notification or leaving any rewards like heirlooms?
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

edited June 2018
    @ayyitsmell

If you get an actual friends request it will say the users name and they want to add you as a friend

If another player's sim has started a relationship with your sim and they are not on your friends list, you will get a mail notice stating Is that a spark of synergy? Add ( user name) as a friend and watch the relationship blossom between your sim and the other player's sim. Is this just friendship or romantic or both?

If you move a sim to another player, they will stay on the family tree. If you just move them out of your house and not to another player, I think they will become NPC. I would ask @rosemow to confirm this

I believe who ever gets your sim , should you move your sim to another player and they retire that sim, the other player gets the heirloom :/ . That other player has to reach relationship level 8 before they can send you a request to have your sim move in with them. Your children have to be moved in a playable slot for all of this to happen. I believe if you just move out your non playable children when they reach adult, they become NPC.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    @ayyitsmell

If you get an actual friends request it will say the users name and they want to add you as a friend

If another player's sim has started a relationship with your sim and they are not on your friends list, you will get a mail notice stating Is that a spark of synergy? Add ( user name) as a friend and watch the relationship blossom between your sim and the other player's sim. Is this just friendship or romantic or both?

If you move a sim to another player, they will stay on the family tree. If you just move them out of your house and not to another player, I think they will become NPC. I would ask @rosemow to confirm this

I believe who ever gets your sim , should you move your sim to another player and they retire that sim, the other player gets the heirloom :/ . That other player has to reach relationship level 8 before they can send you a request to have your sim move in with them. Your children have to be moved in a playable slot for all of this to happen. I believe if you just move out your non playable children when they reach adult, they become NPC.

Hello
    If you move your son out of the household and so hadn’t made them a playable Sim, I am not sure if they will remain on the family tree.
    @rosemow

Oh okay! How sad lol I would've liked for them to be remembered somehow.
    Thank you for responding :smile:
    @ayyitsmell

That's what I mean. We can't actually watch it blossom since the game is not synced with what another player does, so it is hard to coordinate with another simmer since there isn't really a way to communicate. If I click another simmer's profile it just says 'View Home' or 'Remove Friend'. Also, my daughter is dating my friend's son, but their friendship level in her game is at 9, and in my game, it's about 3 since I haven't played as much. I received messages of their relationship blossoming, but it doesn't let me know if it is romantic, friendship, or both. The only reason I knew it was romantic was because I knew it was my friend's sim's son. I guess the game is giving us the option of not having to go along with other people's stories but like mentioned before, other simmers would probably want to marry the sim and they might already be married, etc. I would just like a bit more clarity about friendship and romance levels since it is confusing, in my opinion.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

@ayyitsmell I agree it's confusing. They should have thought this issue out before release. Especially that your sim does not get duplicated into another game. Like the TS4 Gallery or TS3 exchange where your sim is your own. If someone else downloads your sim,,it's a duplicate and does not effect your game or theirs . With mobile many people can use the same sim with only one owner.. This is not fair to other players who want to use another player's sim should they not want to give their sim away. I play generational and won't give my sims away .I have been making my own sims since TS1 and wont use other player's sims. I would prefer not to receive move in requests from other players at all. I was reading the origin forum and someone almost gave their sim away by accident . They said they almost approved a move in request. I'm afraid of getting these requests and giving away my sim by accident. I would like the choice to block those kinds of requests in my game . People can have the option to keep requests for moving in another players sim in game open or blocked. If you read the forums, people who got into relationships with other players sim get no notice if the sim's owner declines their request to take their sim. They have no idea why they can't move another player's sim in their game. The game gives them no waring their request was denied.
    This is something that they should look over. It's an issue a lot of players are having. Hopefully they improve this system soon. I think that having the ability to block those requests would be a good idea!
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2018
    I've started naming my sims to try and stop this issue.

Current & next gen heir (staying in household to breed) has (Heir) at end of name
    Current gen spouse (married and has/about to have kids) has (Spouse) at end of name
    Next gen spares (not having kids so can be moved out) have (Spare) at end of name

If they have no label, then I haven't decided on the heir yet (I like to wait until they are adults first.
    @ayyitsmell I agree. Option to block requests or open them depending on who is willing to transfer their sims to another player or not. There should be a a game tutorial like the PC games on how to play and what everything means.
    @EmmaVane That still wont stop people from wanting the sims you keep. I only have one child per gen. This time I did two because I wanted to complete sibling rivalry. I'll keep both kids and I will either have them both have one child each or retire one for the heirlooms and just have one of them continue the next gen.