Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Summer Sale

Just wondering if stuff packs usually go on sale at this time? And has it been all or just a few of them? I know it's been a whole year since the last one, but I've never participated in the summer sale before, so I don't know if I'm waiting for nothing considering SPs rarely go on sale. :p Thanks, guys!
tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
Hey, Nana..

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Dunno? I don't think anyone knows for sure whether there will be sales or not. According to my order history, stuffpacks once went on sale 50% off in September of 2016, but I don't believe that happened in 2017. Outside of holidays it's pretty random.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    Dunno? I don't think anyone knows for sure whether there will be sales or not. According to my order history, stuffpacks once went on sale 50% off in September of 2016, but I don't believe that happened in 2017. Outside of holidays it's pretty random.

Yep, that was the last time. I think we are due again, don't you? ;)
    That ORIGIN50 sale was awesome - bought all of the stuff packs and game packs released up to that date.

*Fingers crossed* Come on Origin, treat us, PLEASE!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I got a couple of Stuff Packs during Origin sales, which are store-wide, for 30% off. Those are more frequent than the bigger sales. Hope one comes around for you soon. The only SP I am missing is MFP, which I would only get if it was 100% off. Don't think crossing my fingers would help make that happen. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    Anmirla wrote: »
    I believe we are most definitely past due :D I guess it hard to be consistant with sales on something that’s already pretty cheap.
    I got a couple of Stuff Packs during Origin sales, which are store-wide, for 30% off. Those are more frequent than the bigger sales. Hope one comes around for you soon. The only SP I am missing is MFP, which I would only get if it was 100% off. Don't think crossing my fingers would help make that happen. :)

A 30% off is just as good, haha. Butseriouslythat50percentoffwouldbespectacular. You’re so sweet; I appreciate that! And there are some generous people here one the forum. That 100% off very well may come as a gift, online or IRL. Here’s to hoping.
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm not buying MFP until it's on sale.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    I hope Jungle Adventure will be on sale soon.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I hope Seasons will be included in the summer sale. I'd hate to hold out for a sale, just for it not to go on sale.
  • Options
    I hope Seasons will be included in the summer sale. I'd hate to hold out for a sale, just for it not to go on sale.
    I don’t think Seasons will go on sale for a while. Probably not until November or December during Black Friday, CyberMonday, and Christmas. It’ll still be too new when the Origin Summer sale takes place, and EA will want to profit from one of its most anticipated expansions.
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I hope so, that will be nice. I still have many packs missing.
  • Options
    lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member

For expansion packs, make sure to look in stores too. I got C&D on sale the week it came out just by going to Target
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • Options
    SimsfreakmaniacSimsfreakmaniac Posts: 140 Member
    I hope Jungle Adventure will be on sale soon.

I'm seeing it on sale right now on origin (sale valid till June 21)
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    MFP is 25% off. I still don't want it. :D
  • Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    Sale time
    Finvola wrote: »

I'll pay a whole dollar for it! That's it.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018

Uch this is tough. I hate the idea of MFPS. But I hate that one single greyed out icon, too, given that I own everything else. So with the 35% off (10% access + 25% sale) ... yeah I may just lower my standards & add it in. From what I've seen I do like the objects in it ... even if I'll forever feel slighted by this pack. I know under the circumstances it may seem weird that I'm still considering it, but I'm a completionist & it's dirt cheap (for me anyway) right now ... :( But first, I wanna know what the new Unravel will cost me once it's become available for purchase on Playstation (sometime today <3<3) & I'll decide then
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Uch this is tough. I hate the idea of MFPS. But I hate that one single greyed out icon, too, given that I own everything else. So with the 35% off (10% access + 25% sale) ... yeah I may just lower my standards & add it in. From what I've seen I do like the objects in it ... even if I'll forever feel slighted by this pack. I know under the circumstances it may seem weird that I'm still considering it, but I'm a completionist & it's dirt cheap (for me anyway) right now ... :( But first, I wanna know what the new Unravel will cost me once it's become available for purchase on Playstation (sometime today <3<3) & I'll decide then

I don’t think it’s weird if the feeling stems from your own moral objections about the pack - - and not those of others. If you like it, you like it, and there is no shame in buying it. Had my brother not gifted it to me I wouldn’t own it, but that’s me. If you want it; that’s you, and plum anybody who tries to fight you :D
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I picked up MFPS last night and can say that I not only don't regret it but it's one of my all time favorite stuff packs. I say that without shame and if people want to hate on me for it so be it.

If you want it, no matter what your reason is for wanting it, then get it. Don't let other people dictate to you how you should play your game. And if you don't want to pick it up, again no matter what your reason for not wanting it is, then don't pick it up. But don't let that decision be made by others because at the end of the day it's YOUR money and YOUR game and you have to be the one being happy and having fun playing it!
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    3KNPen wrote: »
    I picked up MFPS last night and can say that I not only don't regret it but it's one of my all time favorite stuff packs. I say that without shame and if people want to hate on me for it so be it.

If you want it, no matter what your reason is for wanting it, then get it. Don't let other people dictate to you how you should play your game. And if you don't want to pick it up, again no matter what your reason for not wanting it is, then don't pick it up. But don't let that decision be made by others because at the end of the day it's YOUR money and YOUR game and you have to be the one being happy and having fun playing it!

May I ask why it's one of your favorites?

@Strawburry3 I admit there's a bit of "shame" with this one SP, and only this SP lol. But for one, again, I hate that's the one thing I'm missing & I love those toddler onesies .. :/ Do you like it?

• Options
    Confession: I just caved and bought it. It's downloading now. :D There are a handful of SPs I don't own but SPs are rarely on sale and I can't pass up a sale.
  • Options
    Confession: I just caved and bought it. It's downloading now. :D There are a handful of SPs I don't own but SPs are rarely on sale and I can't pass up a sale.

Lemme know what you think!
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I saw that MFP was on sale today when I started my game. 25%, that is something. But I looked at the item preview again and it's just not worth it for me on top of the fact that I did not like how they went about publishing this pack. But if someone is interested in the small pets, it is not a bad deal.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    @Strawburry3 I admit there's a bit of "shame" with this one SP, and only this SP lol. But for one, again, I hate that's the one thing I'm missing & I love those toddler onesies .. :/ Do you like it?

Yeah, no kidding, I feel it when I open my game and see it. But, honestly, it’s not god-forsakingly bad; though it’s not really useful imo. But I do use the new pet often because it helps the kids with their homework, and the tot clothes are cute. That’s about it tho :D More people probably get more use out of it than me, haha. I think you should get it for the onesies and completeing your collection. You’ll have to get it eventually anyway, right? Might as well while it’s on sale! :p
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I've spent some time trying it out. I don't have any kids in the house right now, the last of them aged up and moved out yesterday. I got a hamster, which the adults are drawn to and they are keeping it happy. I named it Graham, not for Guru Graham, but after a hamster (full name Grahamster Hamster) I had when I was a kid who bit my thumb and I had to get a tetanus shot. I still have the scar on my thumb 30 years later. :D

It's not the best SP I've purchased but I was more disappointed with the Bowling pack more than other SPs I've purchased. So IMO, it's okay and I don't think it's the worst. I don't plan on using the pet costumes but I've yet to check out the other pet items because I was busy playing with the hamster. My current household also has a cat so I'll see if there's any new goodies for him that isn't a costume.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member

May I ask why it's one of your favorites?

Most of the time I get a stuff pack and I just feel "eh" about it. I mean I like it and I'm glad I have them but they don't really "Wow" me there's usually one or two items that I really life but the rest I mostly won't use. But this one between the small pets, the female hair, the round fishtank coffee table and the round side table, the activity table, the bookcase & the bee cat costume alone I feel like I've more then gotten my monies worth and I love a lot of the other stuff in the pack as well. I just really like it and can see myself getting a lot of use out of it. And yes I wish it had been dropped differently but I enjoy the stuff in the Stuff Pack and I'm glad to have it in my game.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options

Yeah, no kidding, I feel it when I open my game and see it. But, honestly, it’s not god-forsakingly bad; though it’s not really useful imo. But I do use the new pet often because it helps the kids with their homework, and the tot clothes are cute. That’s about it tho :D More people probably get more use out of it than me, haha. I think you should get it for the onesies and completeing your collection. You’ll have to get it eventually anyway, right? Might as well while it’s on sale! :p

Hahahaha. Yes, I guess. I don't know, it's hard because I hate it so much, but there's also a part of me that wonders if they genuinely thought it was a good idea .. something like.

SP dev: "aw man, you know what would be cool? Make small pets"
    SP dev 2: "true, that's kinda missing from C&D. Maybe we could do it?"
    SP dev: "for sure! Why not? We'll make different small animals. So cool. But errr.. what stuff do we add?"
    SP dev: "you know those early drawings for C&D that didn't make into the pack? Some of that stuff looked nice."
    SP dev 2: "oh suuuuure, yes, we could totally add it to the spirit of C&D, like my first pet feeling, before they get a dog"
    SP dev: "oh brilliant, yes!"

Community: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

- beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep -

SP dev: "yeah alright, maybe it wasn't a brilliant idea after all."

I mean, I'd rather believe EA told them to cut out stuff, simply cause it feels like their style, but who's to say it didn't happen this way around. I'm sure there's plenty of objects in the early concept art that eventually don't get chosen for the pack (kinda like with the SP vote), so they might as well have thought players would like having those :/ idk idk idk .

Uch, what hate I have for this pack. But I'll probably cave. And that's of course why it's the only SP on sale. I guess they know too that a lot of people don't want to pay full price for this fiasco. And then at least I'll have it all, even if I know I'll wallow in shame for a while.

Unravel 2 is great though. There's that.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member

I got it last night, and while i haven't got to play with the actual pets very much, I really like it.