Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♪ Muse Cycle 2 ♪ - Winner Announced!

Comments

• Options
    MaggieSims2018MaggieSims2018 Posts: 57 Member
    @chellemh29 I'm half no labels and other half labeling layers. And I hoard unnecessary or empty layers, but am too scared to delete layers.
    I lost so much cc and Photoshop extras when my HD crashed. It's awful. I have to refind all my loved actions and fancy Photoshop goodies.
  • Options
    MzsammyroseMzsammyrose Posts: 145 Member
    edited June 2018
    Username/Preferred Name: Username: MzSammyRose Model: Vanessa Vale (Use whichever you want)
    Favorite Genre:Alternative and Classic Rock
    Head Shot: (If this doesnt PNG Right for you- let me know and i can send you the file)
    42788117551_c1a770b791_b.jpg

Higher Quality Image Link/Download:https://flic.kr/p/28c3hCF
  • Options
    aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ I was going to enter this but every ones Sims look so professional, & I in comparison am not good enough yet!
    ~ So maybe I will lurk instead! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Options
    Assignment 1: Beauty in the World
    The Lyrics that Inspired Me:
    When I look around I see blue skies
    I see butterflies for us
    41890931695_c5f3610c3e_o.jpg

Higher Quality Image:https://flic.kr/p/26PKYx2

I also got a really sunny vibe from the whole song, and happy vibe. So i kinda placed that in my photo as well, giving it a nice sunkissed- Happy Feel.
  • Options
    chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited June 2018
    ~ I was going to enter this but every ones Sims look so professional, & I in comparison am not good enough yet!
    ~ So maybe I will lurk instead! ;)

Don’t say that! Enter to learn and have fun. I’ve been doing modeling comps for eight years and I’m still learning with every comp I enter. You’re never not good enough to join in on a fun hobby. :)
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @MaggieSims2018 Lol I’ve got about sixty layers before I start cleaning up. I really need to start using groups more. :D
    Post edited by chellemh29 on
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    I feel like the only person who doesn't merge layers unless its to do something else to them. :sweat_smile: I also don't label layers, maybe once in a while and usually only on hair. Always fun to track down a layer. :joy:

@MaggieSims2018 Very nice! I'm happy you submitted still, don't worry about slowing anyone down because I doubt you will. =D

@Mzsammyrose Awesome! Glad you got it in. The headshot is a JPG though, could you try again?

@aussiekarima Chell is right! Plus, the only way you'll truly learn is to join and gain experience. ;) I won my first comp surrounded by extremely talented people (some of *the* best in the community at that time), and never thought for a moment that I even had a chance to take the title. But I entered anyways because it was a mythology/fantasy competition and they are my favorite type of competition. I wanted to have fun and learn, which I did! I learned hair drawing (even if I was terrible at it :joy:), the beginning of basic clothes drawing, how to make my own backgrounds, and learned to do several effects. And I won in the end, which shocked me, but I'm glad it happened and I now get to tell the story to others who also think they aren't good enough. Trust me, enter because you want to and enjoy the ride, and maybe you'll surprised. <3

Besides, I like to think of this competition as a "for all" type of comp, as editing is one of the things we look at last. The main focus is creativity, and as long as your entry is creative you'll do fine. :smiley:@TEXASTWANGTONYA won last cycle and she believed this wasn't her type of comp and that she wasn't very good, but she had fun and won in the end. So if you have the time to submit, please feel free to join in. We'd love to have you. :3
  • Options
    @MizoreYukii that's weird o.o not sure why it's doing that! It might be Flickr? Is there any other upload websites? I am not home right now, but when I get home I can resend.
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    I made a picture with a wheelchair. Yesterday I broke a bone in my foot and now I'm looking where is beauty in the world. :p
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    MaggieSims2018MaggieSims2018 Posts: 57 Member
    @MizoreYukii that's weird o.o not sure why it's doing that! It might be Flickr? Is there any other upload websites? I am not home right now, but when I get home I can resend.

FLICKR WOULDN'T WORK FOR ME EITHER!!! that's all i ever used to use. and this time it wouldn't save my transparent background, it kept adding black. :/

I ended up posting it to my tumblr and grabbing the url from that.
  • Options

FLICKR WOULDN'T WORK FOR ME EITHER!!! that's all i ever used to use. and this time it wouldn't save my transparent background, it kept adding black. :/

I ended up posting it to my tumblr and grabbing the url from that.

Awww! Flickr is being mean! Heh gonna dig out my Tumblr and do it that way ^^ thankies! <3
  • Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    @MizoreYukii I am working on this right now! A storm knocked our power out for about a day. I should have both in before the deadline.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    Username/Preferred Name: wbombje/Erin
    Favorite Genre: Clasic Rock and Metal
    Head Shot:

4nOWc4C.png
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Awesome headshots and entries, guys and dolls!

So cool to see so many people who like Classic Rock! I heard Nirvana on the Classic Rock station and about cried cause that means I'm old LOL
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    These are all looking really excellent ladies and gents. Nice job on both the head shots and the entries. <3:)

• Options
    Round 1: Beauty in the World
    Model: Uma Sparkles a.k.a. Charles

risA64O.png

Description: Uma Sparkles is a young drag queen who dreams of making it big. In the bottom left corner, you can see her out of drag as Charles. She has a Polaroid of her and her boyfriend Brandon on vacation on top, and her performing with two fellow queens on bottom.

Not part of the Description
    Sorry, it was a bit rushed, as I only had a chance to start it a couple of hours ago. I didn't realize how difficult it would be to get a good picture at the vanity.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    @MizoreYukii try this one! i think i fixed it.
    tumblr_paciixKKaA1wz8ckbo1_1280.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Wow! We have 9 contestants this cycle! I'm very happy with the turn out, and I'd like to thank everyone for joining the competition and being so patient. I'm super excited to see what you guys come up with this cycle, and I have a feeling its going to be a fantastic experience.

With that said, the front page is updated and judging for Round 1 has started. Your Round 2 is now up, which is a favorite of mine and I can't wait to see what you do! Enjoy, and good luck!

Also, we will be doing a Final 3 as we have 9 contestants now. Thankfully we only have 8 rounds though, and Cycle 3 is mostly planned already! :joy:

Oh, and I've updated the ranking and point value in the Scoring section to reflect the new numbers.
    Ranking
    1. 20 points
    2. 18 points
    3. 16 points
    4. 14 points
    5. 12 points
    6. 10 points
    7. 8 points
    8. 6 points
    9. 4 points
    With 3 more members than last cycle, we went from a 10 point difference to 16 now. I know 4 vs 20 can look bad at a glance, but its only 16 points away, 6 more than last cycle, and last cycle I saw people recover points easily.

Remember, if you have any questions or concerns, please message me.

@MyFavoritedesign @deviouslyvivid @Movotti @chellemh29 @Penguinwa101 @alexis3142 @MaggieSims2018 @Mzsammyrose @wbombje @Socallucyfan @Jendowoz0612

@Mzsammyrose Yes, it works! Thanks! No idea why Flickr is doing that now. o-o Did you post the "original" size option when getting the link? You could also try Imgur next time. No need to signup either!

@wbombje Yay, you made it!
  • Options
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Checking in. <3<3<3
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    I’m here! Seen the next assignment.
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options