Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bouncy Castle Ideas thread Attempt 2 Everyone's welecome

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CathyTea @simscognito here's an idea Maggie Smith plays a Yorkshire manor housekeeper in this manor full of secrets in this gardeney movie

The director of the 3 Harry Potter movie earlier in his career screwed up this story as well but taught us every can be a princess!

Yesss those sound awesome. Maggie Smith was great in that movie.
  • Options
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @CathyTea @simscognito
    Not looking for ideas specifically but an opinion: Should I extend the current chapter a little bit to add in a few scenes I want to write out or just carry on to the heartbreaking ending of the chapter? The chapter got a bit heavy, and I wanted to lighten it up with some cuteness...

I would suggest to put some cuteness in there

I agree. Cuteness is good. <3
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited June 2018
    @CathyTea @simscognito here's an idea Maggie Smith plays a Yorkshire manor housekeeper in this manor full of secrets in this gardeney movie

The director of the 3 Harry Potter movie earlier in his career screwed up this story as well but taught us every can be a princess!

@simscognito I didn't even know Maggie Smith was in a (different) version of The gardeny movie (I only knew the 1987 TV movie version which if I try really, really hard to remember the book its pretty similar to the book) until I was listening/watching Matt's triple review of the story (other thing was the play). But Smith's movie is from 1993. Matt would have been 9 when Maggie Smith's movie came out but only 3 where the 1987 movie came out. It's intereesting I wasn't even on the way to be born when the the 1987 movie came out but I was 3 when the Smith movie came out

It's interesting that the two riddle stories so far deal with death in some manner (not to mention both stories are written by the same author)

You do know which movies I'm referring too? (please put it in spoilers)

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

@simscognito I didn't even know Maggie Smith was in a (different) version of The gardeny movie (I only knew the 1987 TV movie version which if I try really, really hard to remember the book its pretty similar to the book) until I was listening/watching Matt's triple review of the story (other thing was the play). But Smith's movie is from 1993. Matt would have been 9 when Maggie Smith's movie came out but only 3 where the 1987 movie came out. It's intereesting I wasn't even on the way to be born when the the 1987 movie came out but I was 3 when the Smith movie came out

It's interesting that the two riddle stories so far deal with death in some manner (not to mention both stories are written by the same author)

The Secret Garden and A Little Princess?
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Too late, the chapter is nearly finished and almost ready to be posted. ;)

It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    edited June 2018

yep

I'm not sure if the next riddle is going to be as good

@simscognito Rachel McAdam's character in this time-travelling movie discovers her post-married husband as a young girl in the woods near her family home. As an adult she has to deal with the husband being away a lot.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Yayyyy! Can't wait to see what you've done with it.

yep

@simscognito Rachel McAdam's character in this time-travelling movie discovers her post-married husband as a young girl in the woods near her family home. As an adult she has to deal with the husband being away a lot.
    The Time Traveler's Wife?
  • Options
    edited June 2018

yep

yep I'm good at creating these riddles.. aren't I?

@simscognito I just need to figure out how to create the other riddles. (I did think of one but I forgot it for something reason) The Script writer for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid created this inconceivable story to make a double story for this story/movie which also has a six-finger sword
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

yep

I just need to figure out how to create the other riddles. (I did think of one but I forgot it for something reason) The Script writer for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid created this inconceivable story to make a double story for this story/movie which also has a six-finger sword

Lol!
    The Princess Bride
  • Options
    edited June 2018

yep

I just need to figure out how to create the other riddles. (I did think of one but I forgot it for something reason) The Script writer for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid created this inconceivable story to make a double story for this story/movie which also has a six-finger sword

Lol!
    The Princess Bride

yep again.. and you do get what I meant by "double story"?

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

yep

Lol!
    The Princess Bride

yep again..

Yayy. This is fun!
  • Options

yep

Lol!
    The Princess Bride

yep again..

Yayy. This is fun!

@simscognito do you know what I meant by "double story"?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @simscognito this next one will be both a riddle and part fill in the blank This text based joke about Square _____ that looked _____ isn't in either Gene Wilder's 1971 or Johnny Deep's 2005 chocolate&candy movies
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    The protagonist's cursed family history and the juvenile prison camp' s (where he been sent) history are connected in this very Holey story

This young girl gets psychic powers from reading which she uses to help her teacher and the school, get rid of the nasty headmistress In the movie Devito and his wife play the girl's not-give-a-darn parents
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    The protagonist's cursed family history and the juvenile prison camp' s (where he been sent) history are connected in this very Holey story

This young girl gets psychic powers from reading which she uses to help her teacher and the school, get rid of the nasty headmistress In the movie Devito and his wife play the girl's not-give-a-darn parents

Is this Matilda?
  • Options

Is this Matilda?

you mean the second one? and if it's the 2nd one yes it's Matilda.

(and the hint to the first one is the title is very hole-y
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Is this Matilda?

Yes it was the second one. Still thinking about the first one. That one's hard. XD
    I'm terrible with quotes.
  • Options

Is this Matilda?

Yes it was the second one. Still thinking about the first one. That one's hard. XD
    I'm terrible with quotes.

Do you know the Wayside stories series? (if you don't google it) the same author is this book's writer
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Oh wait. I missed that other question. I was meaning the question before it. Yes, you're talking about Holes aren't you?
    Gosh that brought me back to me schooldays. :D
  • Options
    Oh wait. I missed that other question. I was meaning the question before it. Yes, you're talking about Holes aren't you?

Yes I was talking about Holes (and apparently the author of the book wrote the screen play for it) what about the one I created last night the fill-in the-blank one?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Yes I was talking about Holes (and apparently the author of the book wrote the screen play for it) what about the one I created last night the fill-in the-blank one?

that's the one I was unsure about.
  • Options

that's the one I was unsure about.

there's only one role that both the late Gene Wilder and John Deep played in their 1971 or 2005 movie (hint: the former has the character's name in the title well the later is the same as the book's title) and it's based on a factory story by the same author as Madiltia and the fill in the blank answers can be found in chapter 24 of the book in the first sentences
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Right. Charlie and The Chocolate Factory?

• Options
    Right. Charlie and The Chocolate Factory?

yep and the blanks were
    candies
    and
    'round
    6adMCGP.gif