Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worst Expansion Pack

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Get To Work
    Get to Work, for sure!

While I liked bits of the Doctor career, it was very buggy, and I felt that the careers could have been more immersive and connected to the sims’ lives (ie. the sims can visit the hospital when sick; sims can get arrested by police and go to the jail; etc).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    City Living
    So far there hasn't been an expansion pack that I really dislike as a whole, but if I have to pick my least favourite, it's City Living. San Myshuno is impressive, but still my least favourite world (well, apart from Magnolia Promenade, which I don't even consider a real world), the stay-at-home careers could have been implemented better (and there could have been more of them!), and, my biggest disappointment, we can't even build our own apartments (granted, that wasn't the focus of the pack, but still something I expected based on past experiences). It's also the pack that started giving most game-generated townies names that are very difficult for me to pronounce or even remember.

As for Get To Work, I hate the retail system for its bugs and stupid limitations, they should have spent more time fixing that rather than creating a new 4-lot-world that (I think) barely anyone even uses, so I can understand why this pack seems to be winning the poll. But I do enjoy the active careers after all (even though they're not without bugs either), and some of the other features that came with it.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I really can't vote this way. Putting Seasons on this list is kind of silly when no one has seen any gameplay in action, even on a live stream. It's very premature to already call it "worst ever!" and just makes me think that some people want to hate it just to prove some subjective point.

For the rest, I could say that there are things I dislike about each of them, but there are also things that I have found regular use for in each as well. As far as an overall cohesive pack, Get Together always felt to me like it was a mish-mash of things that were intended for the base game and thrown together with a new world and a random theme stamped onto it. But that doesn't mean I hate it or don't use it, because the club system and Windenburg are very valuable to me.

I used to feel that Get To Work was my least favorite, but then I realized how much I love the Aliens this time around and I really enjoy the Scientist career. I also do feel like we got a lot of interesting stuff with the pack, like jail walls and new rewards and build/buy, so now I feel like I've underrated this pack.

Cats and Dogs is, to me, one of the best so far, aside from the lack of actual pet objects, which is where I think they dropped the ball. But I'm very happy with the behavior of the pets and the way they interact.

So I guess that leaves City Living as my least favorite. There are probably more things in that pack that I don't care about or use, even though I like having a city with apartments and a new type of environment for my sims. I really only like the Spice District with the Brownstone buildings and also the bubble blower. The other locations have a weird aesthetic for gameplay, the festivals get old too fast and have no exceptional features, and the talking toilet is so ridiculous that I can't believe they didn't include an additional mesh of it as a regular chair that turned up at the Geek festival. I don't care much about karaoke or basketball either, so I guess if I had to live without one EP, it would be City Living.
    #Team Occult
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    City Living
    None of them are that great, to be honest. They're all kind of "egh." But, for the sake of voting, I'd say City Living is the worst. It's basically just a reskin of the base game with a couple new activities. It's stinks that you can't build your own apartment buildings, and you can't change the lot traits of the apartments either. In addition, you can't add the apartment traits to non-apartment buildings, which I think is ridiculous. The careers are fun, and I like karaoke, and the festivals are ok. But there was no substantial gameplay added to this pack.

As far as my ranking from best to worst, it would go like this:
    1. Get Together- Clubs are fun to use, and the city of Windenburg is lovely. However, content feels very scattered.
    2. Cats & Dogs- The Pets CAS is excellent, and the fears and personalities of the pets is fun to see. I like being able to not play as a pet, it adds challenge. Not so fond of the lack of pet family trees, pet UI, or other pets like birds, reptiles and hamsters.
    3. Get to Work- Scientist career is fun, and I also enjoy the aliens as well. However, Doctor and Police Career are very repetitive and don't have interesting rewards. Also, hospitals, science facilities and police stations are not in world, and you can't build them yourself, which is very restricting.
    4. City Living- For reasons as stated above....
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Get To Work
    GTW could be the best pack, but unfortunately it is the buggiest EP in the whole franchise.
  • Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    City Living
    city living. i love the pack. i love apartments, food vendors, and festivals. but the lag in the city is unbearable. my sims can stand for hours waiting for their actions to start. i have to frequently pause and unpause the game to give the animations time to load. it's unplayable, and i'm disappointed.
    giphy.gif
  • simlottesimlotte Posts: 56 Member
    Get To Work
    GTW because I hate that I can't have a shop at my home.. I rarely do anything that requires a loading screen, so GTW does not have to offer me too much. I t was a tough call with CL though, because that did not really add much to the game in general. But I like starting my families in San Myushino and then moving them to the suburbs or countryside.
    The only things I liked about C&D and GT were the worlds they added.
    I am really picky with what I like for my Sims. I am however really looking forward to Seasons, I believe it's going to add a lot for my style of gameplay.
  • MikeytMikeyt Posts: 42 Member
    City Living
    City living without a doubt. The world does not have enough lots to truly emulate a city. I would expect a City expansion pack to have a few more places to place community lots.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    Amiutza wrote: »
    I don’t enjoy any of the eps to be completely honest. Normally I would have voted for GTW but I’m playing the detective career atm and actually having a ton of fun with it. C&D has no play value for me, the pets look amazing, the world is pretty, but beyond that, no game play. I hate that there are so many strays, breaks my heart. I moved to a country where I haven’t seen on stray animal in 7 years and when my sims live in BB I find myself constantly shift clicking every stray to fill up their needs.

Close second is definitely City Living, glorified world pack indeed. I was so excited about it, then we couldn’t build our own apartments and there went every bit of enjoyment.

I agree. I don't really enjoy any of the expansion packs either LOL. For the strays, there is a mod that will get rid of them. I had to download it. This game already generates too many random townies and I didn't want to compound that with all the strays. These strays are always sick or needs are low. It is really terrible.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Get To Work
    Mikeyt wrote: »
    City living without a doubt. The world does not have enough lots to truly emulate a city. I would expect a City expansion pack to have a few more places to place community lots.

City Living is my favorite, simply because it's the only city that we have. However, what you said is the honest truth. A city should have room for scads of community lots. It's pretty sad how many we got. ::smh::
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    City Living
    LiELF wrote: »
    I really can't vote this way. Putting Seasons on this list is kind of silly when no one has seen any gameplay in action, even on a live stream. It's very premature to already call it "worst ever!" and just makes me think that some people want to hate it just to prove some subjective point.

For the rest, I could say that there are things I dislike about each of them, but there are also things that I have found regular use for in each as well. As far as an overall cohesive pack, Get Together always felt to me like it was a mish-mash of things that were intended for the base game and thrown together with a new world and a random theme stamped onto it. But that doesn't mean I hate it or don't use it, because the club system and Windenburg are very valuable to me.

I used to feel that Get To Work was my least favorite, but then I realized how much I love the Aliens this time around and I really enjoy the Scientist career. I also do feel like we got a lot of interesting stuff with the pack, like jail walls and new rewards and build/buy, so now I feel like I've underrated this pack.

Cats and Dogs is, to me, one of the best so far, aside from the lack of actual pet objects, which is where I think they dropped the ball. But I'm very happy with the behavior of the pets and the way they interact.

So I guess that leaves City Living as my least favorite. There are probably more things in that pack that I don't care about or use, even though I like having a city with apartments and a new type of environment for my sims. I really only like the Spice District with the Brownstone buildings and also the bubble blower. The other locations have a weird aesthetic for gameplay, the festivals get old too fast and have no exceptional features, and the talking toilet is so ridiculous that I can't believe they didn't include an additional mesh of it as a regular chair that turned up at the Geek festival. I don't care much about karaoke or basketball either, so I guess if I had to live without one EP, it would be City Living.

As of now there’s only one vote for Seasons, so I don’t think anyone here is saying that. I agree it’s premature to add it pre-release, but it was announced and will be available in a few weeks and not including it would mean a whole new poll would have to be created following it’s release.

Agree with your points on CL though.
  • jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    Get To Work
    get to work because how repetitive the tasks can be.
    i also avoid using the active careers because i don't like to stare at loading screens, and the only thing i use the pack for is to see my sims have their babies at the hospital.
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Get To Work
    I chose Get to Work because I don't use most of the features, but just like all content for TS4 I like everything that is offered and will continue to buy everything that is released. Every little feature helps, and I also like supporting the Sims team and TS4.
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Get Together
    I chose Get Together because I never use any of its gameplay features. I don't like clubs, it makes groups of sims do things automatically and repeatedly, which just makes them look like robots. I never go to nightclubs. I would probably have liked it better if sims could dance together but that's just not the case. I like bars in the game as irl but I never use the games added by GT.
    As for the invitations, which could have brought some randomness into the game, I just end up refusing all of them because they always happen when the sim is using the toilet of in the middle of a meal or wathever, in short not in the right situation to be abruptly teleported at the other side of town.
    I like the world a lot though, it is one of my favourites. Windenburg is the only reason I bought the pack and the only reason I use it to this day, with the pool recolors.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Can't really vote and putting Seasons on this list seems pretty silly, since no one has played it and has a hands on actual experience with it other than what we've been shown. (literally only one vote there too like whattttt?)

Hard to really have a EP i actually hate as each one does provide content in each one I more than enjoy.

Get Together probably one of my favorites due to sims having more places to go and do, cafe's and barista's, late night dance parties, djing skill, closet woo hoo, diving platforms and the club system~ Plus I loved the over all world of Widenburg. Probably Get to Work if only because I probably use a lot more build items and CAS from it then the actual bigger features.

I like active careers but pfft, my attention span tends to dwindle a lot and I don't always wanna follow my sim to work. Then again the game could definitely go with having more options for careers.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Get To Work
    To be clear, I like them all, but Get to Work is the one I always tell people they're safest in skipping. The retail aspect is the part I find super disappointing. Once in a while I try opening a store, then immediately remember why I don't do that ... it's boring.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    I kinda enjoy GTW? My game isn't complete without aliens, and the science career is nice. I still have yet to complete any careers though. I haven't opened a store either, but I want to.

I mostly voted Cats and Dogs out of spite, because while I do like the inclusion of them, they're not really my thing, and I wasn't really one of those who begged for it back then. When it comes to pets, I'm really more into birds? Sims 3 Pets was so much better.
    I mostly got it for Brindleton Bay. And the possibility of making pokemon as pets, but that got old kinda fast. I still gifted it to my friends who actually like these four-legged creatures, though.
    Also, My First Pets Stuff should just have been a part of that pack in the first place. So that drags down its score a bit.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    Get To Work
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    I kinda enjoy GTW? My game isn't complete without aliens, and the science career is nice. I still have yet to complete any careers though. I haven't opened a store either, but I want to.

I mostly voted Cats and Dogs out of spite, because while I do like the inclusion of them, they're not really my thing, and I wasn't really one of those who begged for it back then. When it comes to pets, I'm really more into birds? Sims 3 Pets was so much better.
    I mostly got it for Brindleton Bay. And the possibility of making pokemon as pets, but that got old kinda fast. I still gifted it to my friends who actually like these four-legged creatures, though.
    Also, My First Pets Stuff should just have been a part of that pack in the first place. So that drags down its score a bit.

I'm not a really a fan of having pets either, unless they are small pets. I wish we would get birds, turtles, and maybe iguanas or something like that. I like the critters from My First Pet, but really want more reptiles. That's what I've always owned in real life!

Like you, I got Pets mostly for the new world and the decor objects---both of which I absolutely loved. So it was a win! But I've yet to add a dog or cat to any of my households. Aside from Mayor Whiskers, my sims do not really interact with pets at all. I was planning on working a dog into one of my households, but now, with Seasons, I am putting that on hold haha
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Get Together
    I honestly don't dislike it at all but simply going by which one I use the least it's probably Get Together. And I still use it a whole lot xD just less thant the others. My favorites are definitely City Living and Cats & Dogs (Brindleton is the best & I still think the animals are adorable <3)
  • Steve StormSteve Storm Posts: 106 Member
    City Living
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    I choose City Living. It has way too many restrictions for builders. Seems like there is more you can’t do then you can do, to me.

I agree 100%. Why lock some b/b objects to just one world? Building in SanMyshuno reminds me of building in the Urbz - (Darius' penthouse, lol). It's a great looking world, but I still feel disappointed by some of the development decisions that were made- elevators, I'm looking at you. :p
  • DrearydearyDrearydeary Posts: 85 Member
    Get Together
    I put city living because I don't use it at all, if I think about what it added to the game I can only think of a world, not much of an expansion pack. But I was considering voting for get to work, it's extremely repetitive and each different job pretty much feels the same in the way you progress, after I played around with one job I tried a different one and it played pretty much the exact same. I never played that pack again
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Get To Work
    Get To Work had some neat ideas here and there but they absolutely missed out on great chances

It's kinda buggy sometimes and it's a pain to run your own store
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • DestrxDestrx Posts: 49 Member
    Get Together
    I chose Get Together purely because it's a pack I rarely use and practically never implemented into my gameplay. Get To Work was nice when it came to adding variety and City Living gave us...well, city living which is good for those like me who prefer the City aspect of life. Cats and Dogs added pets which is awesome, but Get Together? Meh. It falls short in comparison.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    What is the worst EP?

How can you vote that an EP that hasn't released yet is "worst"?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2018
    Anmirla wrote: »
    I can't really choose one because I haven't been impressed with any of the them.

I see a lot of Get to Works, but I like the concept for that one the best. The execution failed though. I haven't experienced a lot of the bugs that people talk about, but what annoys me is the fact that Sims left on the lot while you follow your Sim to work aren't productive - the kids haven't done their homework, no one's cooked dinner, etc. No control of Sims while one Sim is gone - anywhere. That's a general problem, but it is enforced by how Get to Work plays out.

Get Together hasn't clicked for me. Maybe Seasons will keep my interest and help change that.

City Living isn't for me because I hate big cities and apartments have never been my thing.

I've never really enjoyed playing any of the 4 Pets versions. I love my pets in rl, but something is lacking for me with pets in the Simsand I can't nail it down. I was hoping that TS4 would change that because TS4 changed my view on toddler play and really got me into Vampires - didn't happen.

Fingers crossed that Seasons is a game changer (for the better) and redeems my faith in EPs. I need something as amazing as Vampires and Parenthood!

I think GTW was a good concept, but could have been better if they'd focused on the active careers, then spun off the retail into a separate pack, maybe combined with Dine Out and added features for Sims to own other venues like bars, spas, etc. We could have had more attention paid to the aliens as well. I can't really vote any of the packs as "worst", but I'd say GTW is the weakest.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)