Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worst Expansion Pack

Comments

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Get To Work
    I haven't played any of the EPs past Get Together, but I never cared for Get to Work. I like the idea but I find the active careers far too repetitive, employees just talk and dance at businesses, and Magnolia Promenade is easily the most disappointing neighborhood. It also still has the most bugs, even after 3 years.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    altkt075altkt075 Posts: 97 Member
    I can't vote because I like them all. The one I don't like is not on here which is the one with vampires.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    City Living
    I do not care for the CL expansion. The city is super small, and the apartments are just terrible.

Get Together is my second to least, basically because the pack really didn’t expand the game very much beyond what was already there IMO.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Get To Work
    I only picked it because of the bugs I encounter with it, I really wanted to like it (and would if it were ever fixed). Otherwise I like all of the EPs
  • Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    City Living
    I had to choose City Living. Although I still like it and play in San Myshuno, the inability to build your own apartments is very disappointing and makes the gameplay very limited. Also, I wish the city was bigger. The backdrops look great but it makes me wish I was able to explore more.

Also, other than some new objects, City Living didn't really provide a lot of expansion to the game if you're playing outside of San Myshuno.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I can't really choose one because I haven't been impressed with any of the them.

I see a lot of Get to Works, but I like the concept for that one the best. The execution failed though. I haven't experienced a lot of the bugs that people talk about, but what annoys me is the fact that Sims left on the lot while you follow your Sim to work aren't productive - the kids haven't done their homework, no one's cooked dinner, etc. No control of Sims while one Sim is gone - anywhere. That's a general problem, but it is enforced by how Get to Work plays out.

Get Together hasn't clicked for me. Maybe Seasons will keep my interest and help change that.

City Living isn't for me because I hate big cities and apartments have never been my thing.

I've never really enjoyed playing any of the 4 Pets versions. I love my pets in rl, but something is lacking for me with pets in the Simsand I can't nail it down. I was hoping that TS4 would change that because TS4 changed my view on toddler play and really got me into Vampires - didn't happen.

Fingers crossed that Seasons is a game changer (for the better) and redeems my faith in EPs. I need something as amazing as Vampires and Parenthood!

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    Get Together

I chose thinking of the most unused EP for me not the worst EP.
    So Get Together gets my vote.

Windenburg is pretty though I've only had Sims live there once.
    Something about the layout just doesn't appeal to me.

The club system is great but I never use it (My Sims aren't allowed friends, outside of family, due to the constant, annoying invitation pop ups).
    Maybe it makes the game "more real" for some people. It breaks immersion for me.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    City Living
    I choose City Living. It has way too many restrictions for builders. Seems like there is more you can’t do then you can do, to me.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Get To Work
    I picked GTW because it doesn't live up to it's full potential. I wish they could go back and reevaluate GTW
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I have a hard time picking a worst. I know that this disqualifies me as a Real Simmer (TM), but it is how I feel.

well I think its ok if you like them all the same I loved get to work I use it the most I didn't like cats and dogs as much though
    but I still like it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    Cats and Dogs felt like highway robbery to me. I am not even going to discuss the stuff pack that should have been included in the expansion.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    How can so many people hate City Living I like it for the careers.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Get To Work
    Get to Work, without a doubt.

Between the bugs and the terribly restrictive careers, it just was not a fun pack at all. Even retail features did not compare in the slightest to TS2's.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited May 2018
    Get To Work
    I like them all and use aspects of each (except Season since it's still unreleased, obviously) but I think Get to Work is my least favorite just because there are still parts of it that are soooo buggy.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    City Living
    How can so many people hate City Living I like it for the careers.

Most who chose CL are probably builders. I couldn’t even tell you what careers came with CL because I never play them, I just like to build. But, I am glad you enjoy them. :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    Get To Work
    Wheres the "All of the above" option?. But Get To Work really was pathetic a half optimized game left to rot with no proper development
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    I don’t enjoy any of the eps to be completely honest. Normally I would have voted for GTW but I’m playing the detective career atm and actually having a ton of fun with it. C&D has no play value for me, the pets look amazing, the world is pretty, but beyond that, no game play. I hate that there are so many strays, breaks my heart. I moved to a country where I haven’t seen on stray animal in 7 years and when my sims live in BB I find myself constantly shift clicking every stray to fill up their needs.

Close second is definitely City Living, glorified world pack indeed. I was so excited about it, then we couldn’t build our own apartments and there went every bit of enjoyment.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    Not Voting no all button.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    City Living
    If I have to choose, it would have to be City Living. The careers don't have any appeal to me, and I can't have my sims live in appartments for very long. Just can't deal with the limitations and annoyances. Festivals are fun to experience once, maybe I'll visit the Flee market once in a while to see what's on offer there. Takes 5 minutes, then I go somewhere else. I hardly ever use the clothes for my sims either, and I will edit any townie I see with those horrid, patterned sweaters :s or just delete the sim altogether, depending....

Shared second place: Get To Work and Cats and Dogs.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Get Together
    I love get to work. I like that my doctor sim actually has a functioning hospital, same for my detective and scientist sims. It makes things more interesting and interactive When I don't feel like loading screens, I just send them work on their own. My only complaint that it doesn't feel like they have enough time to really do everyday as once their shift is over, they are automatically sent back home even they are in the middle of something.

I say Get Together. I use the clubs and all that and the world is already; but overall seemed bland. With City Life, can at least live in a apartment go to festivals (though the same ones over and over do get boring after awhile) and learn tons of new recipes, like the fireworks, etc.... where Get Together, there isn't much to really do. Go to another club or bar where they can't get drunk and do silly things like dance on tables? Meh. I only really use the Club function and that is it. A bit disappointing as I thought it would of had offered more.
  • Options
    anniellizzyanniellizzy Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't think any of them are bad i love them all.
  • Options
    CringecrewCringecrew Posts: 150 Member
    Get To Work
    I don't really have anything against get to work. But since I rarely use it for my gameplay, it's my least fav. But I wouldn't say worst.
    latest?cb=20060827184625

• Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    I didn't vote because for me, there's no such thing as "Worst EP in the game", maybe there ,s but for me, not really.

First of all, let's compare GTW from CnD - I still did not include seasons cause i haven't really play it (lol, us of us do too :smiley: ).

Obviously, GTW is the first EP in the game, I think it may be lame, but it's like comparable to a pilot episode of a tv series, it never really showed us any y'know stuff and still hasn't got gave us the true potential of a true expansion pack unlike CnD which it gave me the best satisfaction in the game yet, and the moment I'm writing this, is the still latest EP. EPs have now evolved in the game, more and more features are being added.

Compare Luxury Party Stuff to Laundry Day Stuff, (Obviously, it has a very very big differences (gameplay, build\buy objects, CAS items)
    Cause What you know, they haven't still got the true potential of what a stuff pack could be in the sims.
    LP stuff is like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and Laudry Day is like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cause this is OMG and 🐸🐸🐸🐸!!!

BTW let's stay on topic here, like I said. "There's ain't the worst EP in the game" It's like the first game in any franchise. (The First Sims, The First Final Fantasy, the first GTA, y'know what i mean"

I hope some of you can get what i mean.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    edited June 2018
    Get To Work
    Even though I say Get to Work is my worst, I still like it and enjoy playing its content from time to time.

It's just that it is my least favorite as far as content goes. Once you have done all the careers, it kind of loses its luster and becomes overly repetitive. Coupled with the fact that non-working sims cannot visit those hidden work locations (as they could visit and "tour" the police station, hospital, and science lab in 3) there is not much left to do.

Get Together was going to be my original choice, but I really do love Windenburg and the dancing and the nightclubs. I just don't use the club feature much.

I am hoping that Seasons will become my new favorite, but it is much to early to judge it either way. Until then, Pets is probably my favorite...but mainly because of the awesome seaside neighborhood and its home decor. Absolutely love that!!
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    City Living
    I'm not a big fan of the city we got. The clothes are loud and look like they belong in a circus, don't care for these festivals either.