Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Season and What World Will You Start With?

LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
(By request, I made this a poll in hopes that my previous thread will be merged with this one.)

So when Seasons comes out, we'll have a choice to pick which season we want to start with for each save. I'm pretty sure I'm going to begin with Autumn in my Vampires save, which will put me in Windenburg if I want to play with my main Vampire household. But in my other long-term save that I've been playing since shortly after Sims 4's release, I have many households all over the worlds, so I'm not sure where I want to start. There are so many maps I want to see in full seasonal splendor!

But I'm thinking I might just start off with the basics and pick a household in Willow Creek in the Spring and hope to see rain and a nice thunderstorm. That sounds like a good way to begin. <3

What are your plans for your first season?
#Team Occult
Post edited by EA_Mage on

What Season and What World Will You Start With? 458 votes

Spring
30%
simjenn2004KamioIgongerudy8292Kita5399Mstybl95IcewolfBillysim143MistyLakeKHS12alan650111IceyJUnDutchablerudolphaInvisibleaesStormkeepVibseMegansleiakeekee53tegteg87 140 votes
Summer
29%
Dannydanbocameronw209KarennLaBlue0314Erja888tinahjalmartheonlybrokendreamergrl84MadameLeeLomelindi7BlkBarbiegalsillehbeeHowGreatThouArtMsFergy36Colorist40AUtschigfruitsmismcruddtemerald7667elemmele 136 votes
Autumn
27%
auroraael14grnblzbrackencat31neutralsidexAvundxdjacquelynstewaprilrosefranka44021MartinvAngel_mixTheLibrarySimStrangerthansimmeroliviakokoro80Irdiwencchant86Ceres_MeirionaluthienrisingNiLLAPopcornHotsauce 124 votes
Winter
12%
Poekie03Hejixaelias24suitcaseinvisiblgirlBagoas77goodcakebaker62safersaviourkimieswildrosesMisztwilight617KiaraSims4Modsgothprincess4everJennyggPinkHairGuitarScorpina2009SimGuruSteveLadyEchokellzasnikkipooSlyvanas 58 votes

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Autumn
    So when Seasons comes out, we'll have a choice to pick which season we want to start with for each save. I'm pretty sure I'm going to begin with Autumn in my Vampires save, which will put me in Windenburg if I want to play with my main Vampire household. But in my other long-term save that I've been playing since shortly after Sims 4's release, I have many households all over the worlds, so I'm not sure where I want to start. There are so many maps I want to see in full seasonal splendor!

But I'm thinking I might just start off with the basics and pick a household in Willow Creek in the Spring and hope to see rain and a nice thunderstorm. That sounds like a good way to begin. <3

What are your plans for your first season?

#Team Occult
    Autumn
    I think I'm gonna start with summer as the game always looked as in summer for me then me and my sims will watch how the weather will change as the time goes and seasons change.

Summer looks like a lot of fun with heat waves, the kiddie pool and especially the sprinklers. But I think my favorite summer activity so far will be the water balloon fights. I loved those in Sims 2 so I'm really glad to see them return.
    #Team Occult
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    Autumn
    I don’t think I can deal with more sun and the same green grass. I’m going Autumn all the way in my current save in Newcrest. Hopefully it’ll still rain, but I want something different than what we’ve had for four years. But I am tempted to start in summer just so I can experience those glorious mud puddles I saw, and test the heatwaves & possible sun burns.

Mostly the mud puddles tho :D
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Spring
    WC, spring
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    Autumn
    I don’t think I can deal with more sun and the same green grass. I’m going Autumn all the way in my current save in Newcrest. Hopefully it’ll still rain, but I want something different than what we’ve had for four years. But I am tempted to start in summer just so I can experience those glorious mud puddles I saw, and test the heatwaves & possible sun burns.

Mostly the mud puddles tho :D

Right, I forgot about the mud puddles! I bet there's going to be a lot of hygiene drops in that season. :D
    #Team Occult
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Spring
    I'll be playing in Brindleton Bay and starting with Spring. I really want to check out the new gardening career, harvestables, recipes, floral arranging station, and beekeeping. And rain! I love the sound of rain. :)
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I'll probably start with Autumn. I think it'll be a good transition from the "endless summer" that has been present thus far. I can't decide which of two sims I'll be playing (they're completely different) so the world would be either WC or SM
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Autumn
    I'll be playing in Brindleton Bay and starting with Spring. I really want to check out the new gardening career, harvestables, recipes, floral arranging station, and beekeeping. And rain! I love the sound of rain. :)

I do too! It's going to be so relaxing to hear rain in the game. I LOVE Brindleton Bay because it reminds me of New England. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they've done with the climate there.
    #Team Occult
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Summer
    I've already got most of my Sims dressed for summer, and June is summer, so that's where I'll start, just to have matching seasons one more time.. If I keep the same rotational schedule for my games as I did this month, I'll probably start in Brindleton Bay. My albino sim is probably going to start wearing a hat just in case..
    image.png
    Autumn
    Cupid wrote: »
    I'll probably start with Autumn. I think it'll be a good transition from the "endless summer" that has been present thus far. I can't decide which of two sims I'll be playing (they're completely different) so the world would be either WC or SM

I'm really curious to see what they'll do with San Myshuno and what snow would look like in the city and on the top of penthouses, (if the climate allows snow). But I think the lightning storms would be epic there, especially when seen from a high penthouse.
    #Team Occult
    Autumn
    I've already got most of my Sims dressed for summer, and June is summer, so that's where I'll start, just to have matching seasons one more time.. If I keep the same rotational schedule for my games as I did this month, I'll probably start in Brindleton Bay. My albino sim is probably going to start wearing a hat just in case..

Yeah, I think a lot of my Sims are dressed for warmer weather as well. I imagine I'm going to have to go through them all and assign them proper weather clothing. Ah, the curse of rotational play! Haha
    #Team Occult
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Spring
    LiELF wrote: »

Yeah, I think a lot of my Sims are dressed for warmer weather as well. I imagine I'm going to have to go through them all and assign them proper weather clothing. Ah, the curse of rotational play! Haha

This is why we need clothing categories for each season.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    Autumn
    BabySquare wrote: »

This is why we need clothing categories for each season.

True. That would be very helpful.
    #Team Occult
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    Autumn
    Right, I forgot about the mud puddles! I bet there's going to be a lot of hygiene drops in that season. :D

Oh, for sure! :D I want my elder sims out splashing with their grand babes in those mud puddles, and the parents fussing because they’re the ones who have to clean them up when they get home.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    Winter
    Winter in Willow Creek with a couple that has nothing...yeah I'm in that kind of mood.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Spring
    I want to play this household in Windenburg first.
    76B3euL.png
    They will have bees, new harvestables and start practicing floral arranging to make things to sell in their little shop downtown. I want to start in Autumn or Spring, I haven't decided yet.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    Spring
    I'm debating scraping my other plans and doing a rags to riches in WC starting in Spring.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Soon as I get it I will finally be 'so long Summer and hello Autumm!' I'll be back in WC on my first family, the Lawrence house.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited May 2018
    Either Myshuno,Brendleton Bay or Newcrest. Summer if we have any new pool stuff. If I start off with other seasons it will just be for testing only.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited May 2018
    Spring
    The save I'm preparing for Seasons is focused on Newcrest and Winderburg. So I think I will start with spring in Newcrest to check out all the gardening goodies and rotate around until winter comes, as soon a winter comes, I'll play with my Winderburg households.
    To me, despite the snow failure, Winderburg could be like a Winter Wonderland.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I want to play this household in Windenburg first.
    76B3euL.png
    They will have bees, new harvestables and start practicing floral arranging to make things to sell in their little shop downtown. I want to start in Autumn or Spring, I haven't decided yet.

That lots looks awesome! Is it saved on the gallery by chance?
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I’ll be starting in brindleton bay as that’s were my two outdoorsy sims are currently living while I slowly bring them together for seasons. I may move them to windenburg though it sort of depends on which world has a better winter.

I’ll start on fall since it’s been summer forever and then go from there. I hope when you play long life that it also makes the seasons longer.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2018
    Autumn
    Ah nice, I was going to do a poll about this :D Maybe you can include one for the "which season will you start with" part? I'd love to see the percentages :D

Anyway to the question:
    I'll continue my own save, where ageing has now been turned off until we're finally getting seasons :D My fav family, my archeologist family, has just been waiting for the fall forever! I can't wait to send my kids out to hark the leaves, watch them have mud fights, keep bees and eat self-made honey during a family harvest feast. They live on the island in Brindleton Bay, so I can't wait to take the dogs, Akyla & Lucy, out for a walk on rainy days. I also can't wait to finally use the fire place in the game which I always put in my builds but absolutely never use because it always looks so warm outside xD

But, knowing me, I'll also be creating a new family in an entirely new save, because I always end up doing that when a new pack comes out. I also find new packs cause less issues in new saves, for some reason. Perhaps cause it doesn't need to "recode internally" lol. I'm sure that makes little sense, but it's what it feels like to me. In that save, I might just start with winter. Because I'd love to see the snow and I absolutely hate summer in real life (like seriously, why does anyone enjoy heat waves?! Why????), so it will be nice to at least see my sims have a cool time while I'm dying inside :D I want to go take them to the ice skating rink, make snowangels, have a gift giving party and everything.

Anyway, I CANNOT WAIT for seasons to be here <3<3
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    Autumn
    WC autumn I think, I m dying for a change from the sunny weather and blue skies. Want to see the trees change colour, wind and rain, and I can’t wait to throw a bonfire party and Halloween, never really used spooky stuff pack as the seasons never changed before.