Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It Wasn't Supposed To Be Like This ~ Sims 4 Apocalypse Challenge

I will be playing the Sims 4 Apocalypse Challenge, the rules of which can be found here. It was written by Pinstar originally and is one of the most complex and interesting challenges I have ever seen. I will be breaking some rules for the sake of making the story a little more interesting, but I will stick to the others as closely as possible.

My story will be based around Heidi Ellis, our protagonist, who has been dropped in Glassbolt with her younger brother Liam Ellis. She is NOT a wonder child as I thought it would be interesting to see how it plays out without starting skills.

Here we go :smile:
Post edited by MagicalPanda2003 on

Comments

• MagicalPanda2003MagicalPanda2003 Posts: 79 Member
    edited May 2018
    Dear Diary,
    Last time we met I was a scared 14 year old, who's mother had just died. Not much has changed. I am still scared, only I'm 18 now and I've been shipped off to Glassbolt to help them rebuild. I don't want to go, I shouldn't have to go, its not like I'm a wonder child who has all the skills needed to survive. I'm an orphan.

They dropped me and my brother Liam in the middle of desert and left us. I hate them. Liam is only a child, 8 years old and such a good kid. I don't know how he will survive, and all because of one stupid error I made. I shouldn't have done it, but we needed the money and stealing seemed like the only option. I wish I wasn't caught. If I had been more careful, more resourceful, I would have only spent a couple of years in prison insted of eternity in what seems to be hell.

8Pdy31R.png

All we have in the world are the clothes on our back and a small bunker we were told to call home. It has no running water, fridges, or stoves. All we have is a barbeque over an old rust bucket, a bookcase and 6 beds. Who needs 6 beds! It's only the two of us and believe me, I am not bringing any more children into Glassbolt!

pMqJQeS.png
    kK33c5H.png
    bE5wHaY.png

My life wasn't supposed to be like this,
    Heidi
    Post edited by MagicalPanda2003 on
    edited May 2018
    Dear Diary,
    Today is the first day in Glassbolt I haven't felt utterly alone. What with Liam being out at school all day and me being confined to our 'safe' neighbourhood, I barely talk to anyone; however, today I met someone.
    I really like him, hopefully something could come of this ill-made acquaintance, and I could find a companion. His name is Lewis Seaman and although I don't know much about him yet, he managed to cheer me up as I was feeling especially down. He was laughing and smiling the whole of our brief meeting, so cheerful, and we have agreed to meet next week at the same time. Finally, someone I can talk to!

Qpo0nda.png

Liam was also being especially helpful today, particularly after the disaster last night when I managed to start a fire. He helped with some of the cooking and even tried his hand at fishing, and I can safely say he is much better at that than I am, catching 4 fish in the space of a few hours! He's trying to make the best of a bad situation and I love him for that, but for all he says he doesn't mind and is just glad we're together, he is often sad and I can tell he misses home.

B6rQvN9.png
    IdExbyx.png

A strange occurrence happened last night after we had eaten. Liam and I were sat at the table talking when we heard a noise outside the door. Curious, I got up to check and saw a strange man stood at the door, his pale skin glinting in the moonlight. I'm not sure who he was, but I have heard stories of those who didn't leave Glassbolt before the nuclear fallout and now haunt its neighbourhoods. I can't say I wasn't scared, in fact, I was terrified and can only pray to the Creator that he doesn't return again, but this time with friends.

iAcMQHg.png

Tonight Liam and I will share the bed in my room as he doesn't feel safe after what happened last night and anyway, I would be assured if I were there to protect him. It is my fault that we are in this mess after all.
    Heidi
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @MagicalPanda2003 - wow! What a great story so far. Poor Heidi and Liam, though, being shipped off to Glassbolt. At least Heidi has made one friend, Lewis...and how scary that there are sims lurking around after dark. I would scared, too. I hope that Heidi and Liam can survive Glassbolt. Looking forward to more :)
    edited May 2018
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @MagicalPanda2003 - wow! What a great story so far. Poor Heidi and Liam, though, being shipped off to Glassbolt. At least Heidi has made one friend, Lewis...and how scary that there are sims lurking around after dark. I would scared, too. I hope that Heidi and Liam can survive Glassbolt. Looking forward to more :)

Thank you :) I the hate the fact that vampires randomly visit in the middle of the night, and so I decided that they will become the 'zombies' of Glassbolt.
    @MagicalPanda2003 - oh that's cool. I don't have the vampire pack, so no night worries for me in sims! lol
    Dear Diary,
    Today was a blur! I cannot believe it all happened so fast and I can't shut my eyes for fear it will all disappear!
    I guess I should start with something weird that happened to me this morning. I woke up lying on the floor in the hallway of the bunker, and I can't remember how I got there. Liam didn't see anything, only a slim figure creeping out the back of the bunker - not enough to identify him, and even if I was able to, what would I do? There is no police force in Glassbolt yet.

ma0FsM4.png

I also got a promotion, and I am slowly working my way up the ranks to be able to restore libraries and books to Glassbolt, so that everyone has access to new skills and talents!
    However, that isn't the most exciting part...

WeeFelD.png

Lewis visited again! We really hit things off and before long I seemed to have spilled our whole situation to him, theft and all. He took it well and even offered to help us to get back on our feet. I swear I am falling in love with him! He even offered to move in, but I had to decline (for the moment), as although we need all the support and money available, I wouldn't want to drag him into this hellish neighbourhood. You see, he lives in one of the bunkers in the north, in a less impoverished community, with some supplies and food and water.

dTLOM9B.png

However, despite all this honourable talk, after Liam had fallen asleep talking turned to slightly more physical actions, and I guess the feelings of attraction are mutual *wink wink*

LdylyWl.png

I cannot believe I have found a slither of positivity in this land, and all I can say is, long may love reign!
    Heidi
    Woot! Ahhh.....so sweet that Heidi and Liam are getting to know each other better. And what with this shadowy figure? He got into the bunker? oh no!