Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to put boats on a lake?

LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
I've been struggling with a build project of mine for awhile, I cannot get the boat docks to sit down and I would like to charge money for sims to use the boats on this lake.

Can boats not be placed on community lots?
"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast

Comments

• thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    Yes, boats can be placed on community lots...but I don't think you can charge for them. When you make your dock, are you placing the boat anchors on the dock? that is the only way a boat will connect to the dock. You can find them under the transportation category...the icon is a car. and then choose the tab that looks like a dock. you should be able to use those tools to attach to the dock or beside it. Then place boats accordingly.

sims%203%20toolbar.jpg
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    @thevogel My plan was to use the store item that lets you charge a fee for sims to go through it on the entry way to a boat house, then have the deck come off that building. The problem I'm having is that the mooring cleats will not place on the dock and I don't know what exactly it is I'm doing wrong.
    When I try to place either the mooring cleat or mooring post it says It can only be placed in the ocean.
    78a16c17a1.jpg
    Here is a screeny of the area I'm working with at the moment.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I'll be pasting this response into both threads I've made on he subject, but I did eventually find the solution to this problem.

Lots that start as flat ground with a lake made via the water tool in terrain tools will not work for this purpose. The community lot needs to be over "world water", that was created before the lot was placed.