Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Most Craziest Idea That Might Actually Solve Half Of The Problems That The Sims 4 Is Facing With

MeskenasBoiiMeskenasBoii Posts: 39 Member
edited May 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
*drum role*

Toggles. or options in general.
  • Some simmer doesn't like snow accumalation concealing objects or puts too much strain on their machine? Turn it off
  • Wanna increase the chance of alien abduction and/or vampire break-ins? Slide the slider to 100%.
  • Rotational or Story Progressive play ? Options.
  • Adjusting difficult level of the game? Slider.
  • Pet deaths other than by old age? Tick-box.
  • Illness and pet sickness? Tick-box.
  • Pet control? Tick-box.
  • Ghost presence? Tick-box.
  • Skeleton presence? Tick-box.

Comments

• worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    Lord knows, if they won't put the ignore button back on chance cards, I'd at least appreciate it if they gave us the option to toggle them on or off.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    This idea is so crazy it just might work!
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I've been a proponent for toggles for ages. If/when they make the next Sims game, that has to be top priority.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Would definitely be great to have toggles, the sliders sound like a really awesome idea! But sadly the Gurus stated in the past that on / off toggles seem to not work correctly with Sims 4. I believe aliens was when they said that toggles don't work properly.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    Would definitely be great to have toggles, the sliders sound like a really awesome idea! But sadly the Gurus stated in the past that on / off toggles seem to not work correctly with Sims 4. I believe aliens was when they said that toggles don't work properly.

That just means they didn't try hard enough. A long time ago they once said pools were not possible too, and they cranked them out a few months after initial release. GTW was released in 2014 and they've had enough time to get accommodated with their game engine and it surely means that it must be visited again.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • tonicmoletonicmole Posts: 121 Member
    Mod authors seem to have no trouble doing what Maxis says is impossible. I find it hard to believe that one person in their spare time is more knowledgeable then the developers themselves, but the proof appears to be in the pudding. :open_mouth:
    What's the deal with the creepy Sim in the yellow shirt, and glasses? The one right up there! I'm guessing what ever he is it starts with "serial".
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    tonicmole wrote: »
    Mod authors seem to have no trouble doing what Maxis says is impossible. I find it hard to believe that one person in their spare time is more knowledgeable then the developers themselves, but the proof appears to be in the pudding. :open_mouth:

To be fair, modders don't have to worry if their mods work with every pack and update, conflict with other portions of the game (that aren't game-breaking anyway), balance the gameplay overall, work on as many computers as possible, etc. They don't even have to continuously update their mods if they don't want to. Gurus would have to take all this and then some into consideration.

I don't pretend to know how easy/difficult game development is, but I find the 'modders can do it' claim to be stretching at best. There are a million and one reasons why a modder can do x easier/faster than a Guru. A lot of which doesn't even have to do with the technical aspect.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    *drum role*

Toggles. or options in general.
    • Some simmer doesn't like snow accumalation concealing objects or puts too much strain on their machine? Turn it off
    • Wanna increase the chance of alien abduction and/or vampire break-ins? Slide the slider to 100%.
    • Rotational or Story Progressive play ? Options.
    • Adjusting difficult level of the game? Slider.
    • Pet deaths other than by old age? Tick-box.
    • Illness and pet sickness? Tick-box.
    • Pet control? Tick-box.
    • Ghost presence? Tick-box.
    • Skeleton presence? Tick-box.

Snow accumulation doesn't necessarily mean any extra strain on a computer.

Your idea about sliders/tick boxes etc is what I want - I'd like to at least have a config file that we can easily edit. It allows a whole host of re-balancing and custom game-play.
  • MeskenasBoiiMeskenasBoii Posts: 39 Member
    edited May 2018
    Brindleton wrote: »
    When an engine can't handle basic BINARY, than you know something is wrong. Kind of pathetic how the gurus threw TS3 under the praise while prasing TS4 has the god gift sent jewel, when in reality TS4 is no very close to reaching higher or even close leaps of the previous installment C=
    plopppo2 wrote: »

Though what does mean that some simmers complain and argue that they tend to lose things in the shows. Options for that thing, If providwd, would solve all of their problems.
    Post edited by MeskenasBoii on
  • MeskenasBoiiMeskenasBoii Posts: 39 Member
    edited May 2018
    *delete double post*
    Post edited by MeskenasBoii on
    edited May 2018
    [quote="plopppo2;c-16497733"

Though what does mean that some simmers complain and argue that they tend to lose things in the shows. Options for that thing, If providwd, would solve all of their problems.

Assuming we are getting snow that might conceal objects.
    :p

It might just be textures that are gradually painted white until they are all white.

Or we may well find that an unattended toddler (set-up by a Simmer of course) can be frozen and slowly turned into a fat, little, snowman - whether they like it or not - whilst the snow tumbles from the sky.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Toggle me this, toggle me that!

Yes, probably one of the better ways to customise a game.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Movotti wrote: »
    Toggle me this, toggle me that!

Yes, probably one of the better ways to customise a game.
    Well, they kind of were leaning towards toggles, tick boxes and sliders.

Personally, I would like to fine-tune my Sim's obsession with a cheeky slider - or even just manually edit a percentage value - tweak it until it is oozing perfection.

You would have Simmers showing off their settings - I got this slider at 63% and this one at 14%. Everyone would be trading settings - like craze.