Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everyone is attracted to my sims?

So, I'm currently playing in Aurora Skies. I made a family of three (2 adult and a teenage daughter). Since I didn't plan on playing with them, they have all positive traits like athletic, green thumb, friendly, social butterfly etc. (no romantic ones)
However, I did end up playing and it's been like 4 sim weeks. And EVERYONE they meet immediately starts flirting with them. It doesn't matter if they are married or not, male or female, they will start flirting. Sometimes they reject it, but sometimes they go with it. It would make for an interesting storyline but it's kinda annoying when my P.I. can't interview people because they all think he's their soulmate.
Is this a bug or are my sims just way too perfect? :D

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Could be some of both. I would be looking at the game's attraction formula (or do you use mods that are supposed to impact that formula beyond that which NRaas might) to see if something is out of balance with these sims.
    http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=4052680#post4052680
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=492102

I take it there are no genie wishes or anything else supernatural going on to impact their attractiveness to others. Are they insanely wealthy? Do they have Level 10 skills or careers? Are they all Level 5 celebrities?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    Well, at some point they randomly received a bunch of money out of nowhere (around 105k), I looked around trying to find out why, but at the end I just kept it. The husband's handiness is lvl 10 and the wife's lvl 8 in the business career, so all three of them are rather successful (I have celebrities disabled). However this has been the case since day 1, when they had no skills and they were at level 1 and 4 of their career (latter is because of uni), so I doubt it's that.
    I'll take a look at the links, but probably won't be able to get into my game until Monday.
    edited May 2018
    This can't have been enough to trigger an attraction formula overload, was thinking more like net worth in the millions in a world where everyone else is poor. But there is a bug in the game, haven't seen this for myself for a while but we know it's still there, where the active household suddenly gets credit for having sold a car that they never owned in the first place. We can usually find a car model in the Build/Buy catalog that has the exact price of such a hefty simoleon increase when this does happen and an SP Accounting Report on the household confirms that some kind of huge sale of an item took place. I just use MC's Family Funds command to adjust their balance back down again when I do see this.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    I read about the whole car thing, but there wasn't a car with the same price as the money they were "gifted", so I doubt it's that. But considering that they already make more money than they need, it doesn't really matter.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited May 2018
    The Margaret Vanguester is $105,000, and that was my immediate thought upon reading that they suddenly got that amount out of nowhere.
    Post edited by IreneSwift on
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I am currently playing a generational save on a short lifespan. Because I don't want to lose my elders too soon, I have been sending them traveling or to university so I can play with them a little longer before they die. I have auto romance mods and several Nraas mods in my game and my sims are NEVER hit on in their home town nor do they receive any calls for dates. Because I don't want the sims in the university and travel worlds to do anything other than be there for my sims I don't use Nraas Story Progression while in those worlds. I have had many instances of sims flirting with or calling my sims for dates while in those worlds and I simply assumed it was just the norm for EA's silly attraction system.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I wish there had been a check for some instances of these calls for dates. I had one sim have some woman call him and ask him for a date during his wedding reception !!
    It's amusing in some respects but also really annoying.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited May 2018
    Like many others, I did try to have an open mind about the Seasons patch calls for dates and gifts in the mail but had no use for any of it and modded all of that out using Shimrod's mod from The Sims Asylum. My sims may sometimes act like they they have the attention span of a 12 year old (one with a short attention span), but their player doesn't usually so this was not a good addition to the game for me. The initial potential for attraction hearts flying around that we got at the same time is harmless and I still think amusing so left that in, although it can be modded out as well.

But these were add-ons slapped onto the game's original attraction system by way of a patch, they don't explain why the OP's household is so overpoweringly attractive to everyone in town. We do have a mod that can reset/regenerate attraction scores, but afraid it's the one we all know of that cannot be talked about here.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited May 2018
    Never tick off an (Mc)Irish girl (what River thinks of unwanted date-calls)
    LifeLesson%25235.jpg
    Yeah...I think River didn't appreciate Connor's call, considering that she was already happily married to Haruo. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @igazor I have that mod so I'll check it out. As for the date calls, IIRC I thought I had a mod to stop that, though I might have accidentally deleted it when I had to reinstall a while ago. They do get date calls, but significantly less than those aren't super attractive.