Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Drink

I like the simplicity of my sim going to the bar and ordering their favorite drink. However, my feedback is that it doesn't make sense for a non-vampire to have a plasma drink as their favorite. It's always a bit frustrating to discover this by seeing my sim get sick. If they're going to have a favorite, it would be better if we could choose it similar to how we picked favorite food and favorite color in The Sims 3.

Comments

• Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    I also wish we could pick our sims’ favorite food, drink, and music.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    ...one of my sims, when ordering her favorite drink, got the pet drink introduced with cats and dogs. the one that 'cures' pets of skunk spray. and makes sims just as sick as plasma janes do. that was... fun

thankfully, that sim was just created for some screenshot time and got deleted after. but still...
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Yeah, I never use the favorite drink feature because it's too much of a gamble.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited June 2018
    In general, I'd really like to be able to choose my Sims' favorite drinks. I'm not exactly fond of it being a complete gamble, especially since it's apparently possible for human Sims to have the plasma jane as their favorite, and for Sims to have the skunk spray cure as their favorite. Seriously, that shouldn't even be possible!

And honestly, since it's such a gamble, sometimes you'll get Sims with a really unfitting drink as their favorite. I remember reading a story about this one Sim who was a buff biker guy. What did he order at the bar as his favorite drink? A root beer float.

Also there's the chance of their favorite drink being a REALLY expensive drink and you don't know it until they order it and then you're like, well then.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    I wish we could start seeing more types of bars..I'm already bored with the current type. EA needs to add soda pop bars and milk bars to make things more interesting.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I wonder why they don’t let you set your favorites.

In Seasons, they added the ability to select your favorite weather preference so I guess that’s a step in the right direction.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited June 2018
    Plasma? I didn't know that was a thing for non vamps. All my sims always end up defaulting to 'favorite drink: water' I just thought, huh... How boring :D On a side note, I've just checked and even my three vamps have water when they go to the bar and order their favorite drink :neutral:
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    So umm im a little confused in which sims game does it have favorite drink? Because in my sims3 i dont have fav. Drink or food or anything
    -I dont even have babies or toddlers-
    Corgis4life
  • FeenkittyFeenkitty Posts: 26 Member
    So umm im a little confused in which sims game does it have favorite drink? Because in my sims3 i dont have fav. Drink or food or anything
    -I dont even have babies or toddlers-

In the Sims 4 (this is The Sims 4 PC Game Feedback forum), there is an option to order favorite drink at the bar. There's no way to set a sim's favorite drink, it seems to be randomly generated. I like to order their favorite rather than going through the long list and picking something. However, it doesn't make sense for a normal sim to order a Plasma Jane because it makes them sick. Minimum, I think it should be restricted to Vampires as their favorite drink.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i really do wish you could set the favorite drinks. sometimes, gotten lucky with them. like a snob who winds up having one of the red wines as their favorite, or a 'working joe' with barley ale. then get that one poor sim with the pet drink as her favorite...
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I agree. I never use the "Favorite Drink" option because it seems like a sim's favorite drink is just totally random and often a really odd choice. We should be allowed to pick (and change) our sims' favorite drinks at will.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Wyx2830Wyx2830 Posts: 129 Member
    edited December 2019
    I also wish we could pick our sims’ favorite food, drink, and music.

The best thing Is When i click the Bar,i can choose my favorite drink,click the Fridge ,Choose the Favorite Food,click Radio Machine too Choose Your Wishes Music
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    This is why I use MCCC to "choose" the favorite drink. That way, I control it.