Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Official Countdown Thread (Now Released)!!!!!!

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Are we able to change seasons at will rather than the game do it for us?

There isn't any info on that yet.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member

I thought I saw a tweet that you could set whatever season you wanted. And SimGuruGrant just tweeted that the default season is 7 days which infers you can also set the length of a season.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I just hope its worth the wait in game :#

after the last few new packs being so underwhelming and limited for me. don't want to get excited only to be underwhelmed again!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

22 Days!!!!!!!!
  • ravelravel Posts: 98 Member

I thought I saw a tweet that you could set whatever season you wanted. And SimGuruGrant just tweeted that the default season is 7 days which infers you can also set the length of a season.

As a rotational player this is the only thing I'm really worried about seasons. I would like to be able to play first one season with ALL my families and then move on to the next one. I'm worried if we can't set seasons ourselves, some of my families will never experience all the seasons.

But I'm still so excited! Can't wait for new info and actually playing the game!
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Refreshed after having had some sleep, my excitement for seasons is back up to 11 again! :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    I haven't even gone to bed yet because I've been refreshing the feeds. It's almost 4am lol
  • HenrinatorHenrinator Posts: 55 Member
    I can't wait for Seasons!
    Hello there (• _ •)
    You can also find me here: Origin ID: Henrinatoren | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057159691/
  • Lexington1988Lexington1988 Posts: 70 Member
    Wanted to jump in on this and enjoy the countdown with all of you!

I'm so excited for this. So excited, that I completely forgot I have a music festival to go to on the 23rd, and will be staying overnight. On the one hand, yay music festival! On the other, I won't be able to make myself a hermit, close the curtains, stock up on easy to prepare food and play non-stop Sims like I originally envisioned.

Oh well. I haven't completely ruled out finding a nice quiet tent to zip myself up in and hide for a bit. Thank god my laptop has an amazing battery life. Mwahahaha.

...ahem.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member

You can choose the first season when you load your game.

Also, you can change the season using the weather machine object. If you want a constant winter, you can use the weather machine to achieve that.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited May 2018
    ravel wrote: »

As a rotational player this is the only thing I'm really worried about seasons. I would like to be able to play first one season with ALL my families and then move on to the next one. I'm worried if we can't set seasons ourselves, some of my families will never experience all the seasons.

But I'm still so excited! Can't wait for new info and actually playing the game!

I'm concerned about this too. Right now I'm thinking that the longest we'll be able to have a season last is 28 days. That's still not long enough for me as I'm playing 11 households. But I think all my households will be able to experience all 4 seasons, just not at the "same" time.

Forgot to say: I'm really excited about getting seasons, too!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    edited May 2018
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

I'm concerned about this too. Right now I'm thinking that the longest we'll be able to have a season last is 28 days. That's still not long enough for me as I'm playing 11 households. But I think all my households will be able to experience all 4 seasons, just not at the "same" time.

Maybe the default season length is when you have the default age length chosen and changes for other age lengths? It's a possibility that hasn't been ruled out by anything they've said yet. (Not one I'd count on, mind you.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Appreciate this thread. Awesome to share excitement with others looking forward to the game.
  • ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    edited May 2018
    Appreciate this thread. Awesome to share excitement with others looking forward to the game.

This! It's nice to see so many people excited for seasons, none of my friends or family play the game so it's so nice to read especially this thread. Thank you @catloverplayer for always making these countdown threads! :smile:
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

I think it will be possible, as you can change the season with the weather machine. So even if you can't set it exactly to cover all of your families, then you can intervene with the object. Probably annoying but possible.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    21 days get back soon cat
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    This is a pack I’m really excited about! :smiley:

I want everything that was in that trailer! :blush: I can’t wait for the ice skating, the floral stuff, the fun activities, the CAS, and so on....
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    This is a pack I’m really excited about! :smiley:

I want everything that was in that trailer! :blush: I can’t wait for the ice skating, the floral stuff, the fun activities, the CAS, and so on....

Oh yes skating. I've been waiting for this for the longest. I even requested a skating stuffpack but glad to be seeing skating in Seasons. I enjoy skating in all the sim iterations.
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    I'm really just excited to have a game that's truly playable again. I LOVED what they did with Seasons in Sims 3 but that game was just so laggy for me. None of the computers I've had were quite good enough to run it all with no issues and that always made me so sad - even the one I have now, while it runs it better than the last couple, still doesn't run it as smoothly as I'd like it to despite exceeding the minimum requirements by quite a bit :( I'm excited to see what 4 has to offer and the confidence that it's going to run smoothly makes it even more exciting - the wait is going to be tough!! :)
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    a_niles06 wrote: »
    I'm really just excited to have a game that's truly playable again. I LOVED what they did with Seasons in Sims 3 but that game was just so laggy for me. None of the computers I've had were quite good enough to run it all with no issues and that always made me so sad - even the one I have now, while it runs it better than the last couple, still doesn't run it as smoothly as I'd like it to despite exceeding the minimum requirements by quite a bit :( I'm excited to see what 4 has to offer and the confidence that it's going to run smoothly makes it even more exciting - the wait is going to be tough!! :)

I feel your pain
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    21 Days!!!!!!!
  • SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    Wooooo!!! I'm so freaking excited. There was something that Vlad said that caught my eye in the new blog. He wanted to know if the girl only ate organic food...did that jump out to anyone else or just me? I'm thinking since we're getting the gardening career maybe organic food could be a thing now? But I could just be looking into it too much. Either way...I'm super excited.
    3 weeks!!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    3 weeks!!

i know 21 days is 3 weeks but i like

21 days better because it seems like less time. i'm excited for swings and my excitement about the actual seasons grows everyday.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Ok Now its June YAY lol :D For anyone that has forgotten about EA Play haha it almost here, then SEASONS. June is very exciting for simmers.

Celebrating June is here! :DB)<3
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor