Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New problem with my game. Argggh

hedgekat1hedgekat1 Posts: 169 Member
This morning when I tried to load the game I was informed I had to be online. Another result of the latest update. Okay, I turned on the internet, and loaded Origin, then the game. Played happily for a couple of hours. Quit the game to do some modding with Bodyshop. Tried to load game again, got Origin popup stating there was a new update for Origin. Would not let me play without it. I went to EA help, was told to uninstall the client, and download an older version and everything would be fine. After uninstalling Origin I tried starting the game. It wouldn't. Downloaded version 9.11 and installed it. It immediately began updating. (SIGH)

Any advice? Apparently the 'game update' was simply to require playing while online with Origin. I remember when an update caused TS3 to require playing while online.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I keep Origin offline and won't let it update. I made the mistake and messed up my files- was too lazy to reinstall all the disks so I'm hooked to Origin. I know it's offline but I bet it still watches me.

Keep it off-line, You can/should still be able to play it.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I've had a few issues with an Origin update. It wouldn't let me log in and then when I did it kept kicking me offline (I actually play online because I have other games on it). The thing I've had to do was delete the Origin registry files. After which I launched it and it started working again. Sometimes it can become corrupted after an update so deleting the origin files (Not the game files) will make Origin respond normally.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Unless you want to install and reinstall Origin every time there is an update (as I did) you will learn to disconnect your PC from the internet while you play your games. This doesn't happen to everyone, but enough for them to know to tell you to reinstall the older version of Origin. And then your updates will start to fail if you have to do that then one day go back to a newer version. Month after month. It is the reason I uninstalled Origin by accidentally being on the internet and Origin updating one day in 2016, from then on it was uninstall/reinstall/ find older version etc. And yes, @Rflong7, you may not be connected to internet but you can use Process Explorer to see what threads and handles and dialers Origin has open to phone home even though you were not playing on line.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    The easiest way to keep origin from messing things up is to disconnect games with it (a lot of work, these days) or make sure it's never allowed to update or play online.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I had a problem recently and had to repair TS2. After I fixed everything I told Origin to go offline. Next time I played TS2, origin was online again. How do I keep it in offline mode?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    I had a problem recently and had to repair TS2. After I fixed everything I told Origin to go offline. Next time I played TS2, origin was online again. How do I keep it in offline mode?

I can't remember but make sure Orign in Game is disabled, and disconnect your pc from the internet before you load your game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.