Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm glad burglars are not in the game yet same with firemen and police it would be horrible to have a cop poof in your yard and poof out with the burglar we need cars the walking pizza delivery and repairman is bad enough.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Along the same lines @SimGuruGraham and @SimGuruGrant , I've been requesting a Private Investigator career to make a come back and improved upon. I would like for P.I.'s to be able to "break" into homes to look for evidence.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'm glad burglars are not in the game yet same with firemen and police it would be horrible to have a cop poof in your yard and poof out with the burglar we need cars the walking pizza delivery and repairman is bad enough.

well they did say they were working on technology over time to make them more viable. Tech they didn't have at launch.
    maybe that's it @ChadSims2
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    What kind of fancy tech does it take to create burglars? Stealing? We already have the klepto trait that lets our sim steal things. Check! Breaking into sims houses? Vlad does that already. Check! Reimbursement? We have that with fire damage. Check! An alarm system? Fire alarm and sprinklers. Check!

So what fancy shamancy tech do they need that they don't have some version of already? It just needs to be put together correctly.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I've never cared about burglars.

Firemen on the other hand...I feel like they're needed. Sometimes my Sims are too dumb to extinguish themselves.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »

Firemen on the other hand...I feel like they're needed. Sometimes my Sims are too dumb to extinguish themselves.

Click the shower and they will always extinguish themselves. I have never had a sim die from burning up as I always put a bathroom with a shower near my kitchens.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What kind of fancy tech does it take to create burglars? Stealing? We already have the klepto trait that lets our sim steal things. Check! Breaking into sims houses? Vlad does that already. Check! Reimbursement? We have that with fire damage. Check! An alarm system? Fire alarm and sprinklers. Check!

So what fancy shamancy tech do they need that they don't have some version of already? It just needs to be put together correctly.
    100% agree. It sounds like a really lame excuse. There's literally everything in the game we need to get burglars.

I also find it weird that they have to prioritize things over basic things we've had since TS1. It also seems to be his favorite excuse nowadays - "We wanted to prioritize other things"
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited May 2018

There's a fire sprinklers system, if you put it in your house it will have sprinklers appearing above your sims and extinguish the fire.
  • Options

100% agree. It sounds like a really lame excuse. There's literally everything in the game we need to get burglars.

I also find it weird that they have to prioritize things over basic things we've had since TS1. It also seems to be his favorite excuse nowadays - "We wanted to prioritize other things"

Don't forget my favorite little frog, "finding the right fit". I fear that some really great things may never see the light of day because they did't "fit" into any of the packs so far. Maybe they need a CATCH ALL pack full of all those objects that don't seem to fit anywhere else.
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

There's a fire sprinklers system, if you put it in your house it will have sprinklers appearing above your sims and extinguish the fire.

Maybe I'm just rly confused since I can't think of that item being in the sims 4, I do remember them being in the sims 3 but 4?

*goes to look ingame*
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    @Gelysen It's this. You can find it in Electronics/alarms.
    33z711u.png

• Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    33z711u.png

Lol yeah xD I just... never rly used it I guess x'D
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2018
    Glad this has finally been debunked, years later, but still.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Mikado-chanMikado-chan Posts: 108 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Click the shower and they will always extinguish themselves. I have never had a sim die from burning up as I always put a bathroom with a shower near my kitchens.

Just yesterday my sim caught on fire. I told her to extinguish herself but she didn't want to do that. She died. And she was like three steps from shower... :sweat:
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Just yesterday my sim caught on fire. I told her to extinguish herself but she didn't want to do that. She died. And she was like three steps from shower... :sweat:

That was probably a bug.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Hmmm.

maybe they just havent found the right pack to sell them in yet :#

still shocking after all this time still no full npcs in the game :o
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    That's great.

Call me when they actually bother implementing them.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    I have always loved the burglars. Love the fight's between them and law or the man of the house.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Is that what should happen? Burglars should sneak into your house, wake you up and drink your blood, and then take one object (get embarrassed if someone sees them) and start a fire? So the fire alarm goes off, and the fire gets put out and the Sims get reimbursement?

Clearly more than assembly is required.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member

Thank you! I never thought of that.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Burglar alarms, for those who don't want their stuff stolen. Perhaps return the Brave trait so Sims can fight the burglars themselves. And maybe Sims in the criminal career wouldn't get burglarized because they wouldn't want to rob their future boss. :):D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Gelysen wrote: »
    33z711u.png

Lol yeah xD I just... never rly used it I guess x'D

Have to add the sprinkler system to every house where I have kids; that chemistry set is a fire hazard in my game. :o
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Hopefully, it will work better than the vampire break-ins. Half the time, the vampires just stand outside and do nothing. Then again, it would be pretty easy for the police to catch a burglar if it was just standing in front of the door :D
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member

But he's saying that they've improved tech since launch to make it more viable now. Vampire break ins and the kleptomaniac trait weren't there at launch.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    So they'll bring them for sure?
    Lu4ERme.gif