Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

there is hope for babies in sims 4

comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Options
    TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    Teens are already awesome tho. I really wish elders were improved before anything else...
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
  • Options
    lavenderxolavenderxo Posts: 57 Member
    I'm really hoping they make babies better! I would love to interact with them more instead of the usual feed and change dirty diaper. No wonder I age them up so quick, I can't wait to get them into the toddler stage with so many more interactions!
  • Options
    JoshuaSims_JoshuaSims_ Posts: 10 New Member
    @lavenderxo yeah i hope they imbrove babies because i like babies
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    So glad to learn the devs are working on it. I would prefer they tackle the issues with babies, first, but I respect the majority wants teens. Personally, I love the way the teens are, now, and wonder just what they have in mind by way of improving things.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I hope elders get some love soon as well
  • Options
    So glad to learn the devs are working on it. I would prefer they tackle the issues with babies, first, but I respect the majority wants teens. Personally, I love the way the teens are, now, and wonder just what they have in mind by way of improving things.

yes its good to know
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Infants aren't that important to me. They can be aged up immediately and have the shortest span of all ages. Teens, however, could use an overhaul. Elders are currently okay cute, I think.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I voted for elders. There's really nothing to distinguish them in personality at all and they just fade into the woodwork. They need activities and special conversation choices and more unique animations. Plus, I'd like more hair and clothing selections and facial wrinkles and imperfections that we can select.

My second choice would be teens, just to give them more rebellious activities and punk hair styles and clothes. Plus, I'd really love if we could have more instruments added so I could have a teen garage band.

I don't care at all about babies because they don't do anything anyway, I feel like it would be a waste of development time, and the toddler stage is great so that's enough for me.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Elders need a lot of love, they don't have anything going for them but retirement and death. Babies really need an overhaul it's a little pointless to have them as an object but also on the house hold list when they are as I said, "an object".
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would want elders first. They have so little. And teens kinda got updated with Parenthood, although they could use more, like dedicated outfits. And if you're never going to cut the umbilical chord between babies and cribs, what is there to update? Burrito wrap colors? No, I think elders should be first. There is so much possibility for them.

I know there is a thread for elders and some type of "home" for them to live in. What about instead, creating a Senior Center for elders to visit and meet other elders and do things that elders do. Knit, puzzles, tai chi, showing pictures of the grandkids, painting, play chess, gardening, etc. Make it a place that would attract other elders to hang out like the teen hangout lot trait.

Canes should make a comeback but not be required. Only if it's in your inventory like an umbrella.

I would love a "story time" feature before bed. I know we can read to kids but I was thinking of a more an animated version with hand motions, maybe puppets etc. Or maybe add the cartoonie feature for the toddler play gym where as you read to the toddler or kid, they imagine the story and it comes to cartoon life.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I would want elders first. They have so little. And teens kinda got updated with Parenthood, although they could use more, like dedicated outfits. And if you're never going to cut the umbilical chord between babies and cribs, what is there to update? Burrito wrap colors? No, I think elders should be first. There is so much possibility for them.

I know there is a thread for elders and some type of "home" for them to live in. What about instead, creating a Senior Center for elders to visit and meet other elders and do things that elders do. Knit, puzzles, tai chi, showing pictures of the grandkids, painting, play chess, gardening, etc. Make it a place that would attract other elders to hang out like the teen hangout lot trait.

Canes should make a comeback but not be required. Only if it's in your inventory like an umbrella.

I would love a "story time" feature before bed. I know we can read to kids but I was thinking of a more an animated version with hand motions, maybe puppets etc. Or maybe add the cartoonie feature for the toddler play gym where as you read to the toddler or kid, they imagine the story and it comes to cartoon life.

thats a good idea
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I usually age up babies right away. Other than having them unshackled from the crib, I'm not sure what else they can do to make them more interesting tbh.

My preference would be a focus on elders for sure.
  • Options
    Oh, and slow dancing. there's nothing more cute than seeing two older people in love and slow dancing. I always imagine that with every step, they are remembering every other time they danced at every special moment.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Definitely teens!!
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    lavenderxo wrote: »
    I'm really hoping they make babies better! I would love to interact with them more instead of the usual feed and change dirty diaper. No wonder I age them up so quick, I can't wait to get them into the toddler stage with so many more interactions!

me to where did you get the hair on your avatar it looks great @lavenderxo
  • Options
    So_Money wrote: »
    I usually age up babies right away. Other than having them unshackled from the crib, I'm not sure what else they can do to make them more interesting tbh.

taking them for walks giving them baths teaching them to walk letting them play with toys making them look better giving them hair
  • Options
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Definitely teens!!

I hope they do it all
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member

taking them for walks giving them baths teaching them to walk letting them play with toys making them look better giving them hair

Meh, that doesn't sound very interesting to me. I'd much rather they implement two sims going for a walk together before pushing a baby around. The other stuff is pretty much toddler gameplay.
  • Options
    See, that's the problem. Babies only last three days before they age up. All the good baby stuff is a part of toddlers anyway. So what could be done with babies? Different blanket colors? Rocking the baby to sleep (if we ever get rocking chairs and rocking)? Adding a changing table to change the baby on? One of those small floor pads that have that arch thingy over it with dangling thingies dangling for the baby to play with? Or maybe, while on the floor pad, the baby rolls over and Mommy and Daddy celebrate the accomplishment. Huzzah! Or one of those ugly flowers on a head band that people seem to love to put on their babies bald brain box? Bring back babies burping? Big black rubber baby buggy bumpers.........sorry.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    edited May 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    See, that's the problem. Babies only last three days before they age up. All the good baby stuff is a part of toddlers anyway. So what could be done with babies? Different blanket colors? Rocking the baby to sleep (if we ever get rocking chairs and rocking)? Adding a changing table to change the baby on? One of those small floor pads that have that arch thingy over it with dangling thingies dangling for the baby to play with? Or maybe, while on the floor pad, the baby rolls over and Mommy and Daddy celebrate the accomplishment. Huzzah! Or one of those ugly flowers on a head band that people seem to love to put on their babies bald brain box? Bring back babies burping? Big black rubber baby buggy bumpers.........sorry.

I love this.

I do not understand everyone's obsession with "babies 'being an object'" on this forum. I age them up right away. They're annoying and boring.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Babies are technically objects in the Sims 4 so I wonder what can the game coding even allow sims to do with them.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't play with them long but I'd buy a pack if it untied them more from the bassinet... gave us a means to bathe them, or change them on a changing table.. maybe put them in a baby carriage ect. I'd actually be pretty excited about that.
    I don't see buying it for just added decor and onesie change though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Meh, that doesn't sound very interesting to me. I'd much rather they implement two sims going for a walk together before pushing a baby around. The other stuff is pretty much toddler gameplay.

you can't teach toddlers to walk you can't take them for walks and poor babies can't do anything and they really need a makeover also it looks like a lot of people want it I really want things for elders to but at least they can do things
  • Options

you can't teach toddlers to walk you can't take them for walks and poor babies can't do anything and they really need a makeover also it looks like a lot of people want it I really want things for elders to but at least they can do things

I would feel the same way about elders if they were stuck in one place like the babies and as I said before elders need love to
    I just feel babies need it more