Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions/Feedback for SimGuruKate

EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
edited May 2018 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Hi Simmers,

We've split some posts from the Hello From Your New Community Manager! thread with SimGuruKate. Many posts had some feedback/asked questions for @SimGuruKate and we felt they were too important to not have their own space. So please use this thread to continue that conversation.
  • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
  • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
  • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
  • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited May 2018
    I am so looking forward to working together with the Development Team to bring a deeper level of communication and excitement to The Sims 4

I am so excited for this next adventure and getting to know the community of The Sims 4 even better. It's going to be a GREAT year!

-SimGuruKate
    Hopefully this is true especially the part I bolded the silence on this game has been beyond ridiculous. In getting to know the community I hope this means our suggestions for the game will be heard because what's the point of getting to know the community if our request on improving this game goes on deaf ears... the ideas corner of this forum should be the first place the Sims team looks at when planning expansion, game or stuff packs.

Either way congrats on the new job! hoping to see a turn around for the better.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I am so looking forward to working together with the Development Team to bring a deeper level of communication and excitement to The Sims 4

I am so excited for this next adventure and getting to know the community of The Sims 4 even better. It's going to be a GREAT year!

-SimGuruKate
    Hopefully this is true especially the part I bolded the silence on this game has been beyond ridiculous. In getting to know the community I hope this means our suggestions for the game will be heard because what's the point of getting to know the community if our request on improving this game goes on deaf ears... the ideas corner of this forum should be the first place the Sims team looks at when planning expansion, game or stuff packs.

Either way congrats on the new job! hoping to see a turn around for the better.

Agreed about the Ideas Corner.
  • Options
    EuroMaster2008EuroMaster2008 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @SimGuruKate said:
    >
    >
    > I am so looking forward to working together with the Development Team to bring a deeper level of communication and excitement to The Sims 4. We have some amazing things coming this year and I cant wait for you to experience it all. The The Sims 4 is far from over, there are still so many more stories to tell.

First of all, Congrats!!!

Then hopefully you will change the way EA and the Sims communicate with the gamers and push more information to the net. So a weekly report would be the best way to do.

Till then Dag Dag!
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    I'd like to take this opportunity to say how much i truly love my sims 4 game. i find something everyday to do. the only problem i have these days is where to say things on forum. so i just downloaded Shakira and i started thinking, the only thing missing is the belly dance Shakira does. so i'd like to ask guru's to consider her belly dance in a future sims thingie. lol Please i'd surely appreciate it. p.s. sorry if this is wrong place to put this...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    > @SimGuruKate said:
    >
    >
    > I am so looking forward to working together with the Development Team to bring a deeper level of communication and excitement to The Sims 4. We have some amazing things coming this year and I cant wait for you to experience it all. The The Sims 4 is far from over, there are still so many more stories to tell.

First of all, Congrats!!!

Then hopefully you will change the way EA and the Sims communicate with the gamers and push more information to the net. So a weekly report would be the best way to do.

Till then Dag Dag!

Even if we just get the quarterly teasers back that will be a big improvement. I'm hoping to see one in July.
  • Options
    ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    I don't know if this is your area or not... but the forum restrictions are silencing your customers. I have been playing the Sims for over 16 years, ever since Sims 1, and have been a member of this site since 2010. But since I'm a "new member" I can't create a thread. So if I have an issue that no one else seems to have posted about yet, and I'm completely dependent on others to like my posts before I can do that. I know spam is an issue - but there's so many other factors that make it obvious I'm a real person. All the games are digital downloads now, which means you can easily attach game purchases to accounts to allow your customers to have a voice. I'm hoping that as a new community manager you'll consider a new way to fight spam without restricting your real players.

That was a thoughtful post, and I came in here after the mess in the autumn of 2014 that gave rise to the restrictions, but I learned quickly after joining and by way of a refresher, those restrictions were implemented not so much because of spam as it was trolls Persons with precious little to do with their time than to open accounts and post as much harassing and downright objectionable material, signatures, avatars as they possibly could, knowing that a fair share of the population would see their rubbish well before administrators had a chance to delete the posts. So by putting the restrictions in place, the administrators at the time made it difficult for the trolls to get the instant gratification they craved.

Indeed it did not do away with trolling completely but the more twisted of the bunch were not patient enough to go through the restrictive "New Member" stage and went on to disrupt some other place where one could open an account and be a menace right away.
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited May 2018
    @SimGuruKate Congratulations!

I do have some questions regarding TS3, however. In your thread opening message, you mention to be the new Community manager, to then specify for TS4. What will happen with TS3? Whenever any of us ask EA support about it, we get the same lines that new development could happen any time now, and, at the release of 1.69, some sources mentioned one last Stuff Pack and one last Expansion Pack were to come, but there hasn’t been anything released since, with the exception of the CAW update. All this despite some issues having remained unfixed literally for years now, and some recent bugs with thesims3.com haven’t been addressed, even with your periodical maintenance downtimes. It really looks like EA is just trying to patch the major issues with the store but won’t touch anything else, resulting in problems like: Weekly deals being frozen for two years now, The Exchange Featured Item being frozen for over a year (after having unfrozen once during a maintenance), and many items that were supposed to soon be eligible for the CYS loyalty discount have yet to be eligible. For having a lot of relatives working IT, I know that everything I just mentioned could be fixed by a single person in a matter of two or three hours, which tends to support that EA has no intention on fixing it. However, hundreds of new TS3 copies are sold every weeks on eBay and Amazon, and, last time I chitchatted with the manager of my local EB Games store, he was positive about selling a lot more of TS3 games (Base, EP and SP combined) than TS4 (again, everything combined). Regarding thesims3.com online store, tons and tons of content exist, and could be rereleased, for people like me that missed some. That wouldn’t involve any development at all. Yet, again, nothing is done.

I know, Maxis made the business decision to focus on TS4, but both titles can coexist.

So, will thesims3.com be fixed soon? Or will EA officially discontinue TS3?

Thanks for your time.
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    RandycatRandycat Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everybody! i would like to share my idea for the new Sims game.
    So the game has all the same things as the Sims 4 has and the playing style is same BUT!, there could be included first person playing style.

- First person playing is where you could move your sim freely with movement buttons like ASDW or with controller.
    as first person you can interact with objects and other sims freely as your self.
    like if you want to paint, you can actually paint it yourself manually.
    also VR could be included perhaps?
    of course if you have other Sims you have made. you can jump to another Sim to control Him/Her.
    Remember that you still can play the game as the same way you can play the Sims 4, so you can jump in to the first person and Sims 4 style.

So tell me if you like the idea or do you hate it? what would you like to have included?

:)
  • Options
    @EA_Lanna Okay, sounds like a good idea, but some of those comments are almost 10 days old and haven't been repplied yet.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    I guess my question is similar to that of @Lexers615: when will the bugs in the sims 3 store be fixed?
    * owning everything in a set doesn't translate in owning the set
    * gifting something to someone is a fail most of the time, and we do not even have an error message when our gift wasn't received at the other end. It's jarring to receive thoughtful gifts messages with no gifts attached and we can't even reply to the gifter to let them be aware it failed. Please add a clear error message so the gifter can know!
    These two bugs don't even translate in any change in policy regarding CYS or content; there is no strategic decision to be made, it only need to be fixed.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Okay..... this thread was started a week ago and we have yet to see a reply from our new CM. I thought we were going to see improved communication? EA continues to disappoint us. :(
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Okay..... this thread was started a week ago and we have yet to see a reply from our new CM. I thought we were going to see improved communication? EA continues to disappoint us. :(

She's got an EP coming out to support communication for and EA Play coming up. There was a long weekend. She posted on Twitter that today is Report Day so she wouldn't be online much. There's not been this one bit of communication, but this isn't the only thing on her plate communication-wise.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »

She's got an EP coming out to support communication for and EA Play coming up. There was a long weekend. She posted on Twitter that today is Report Day so she wouldn't be online much. There's not been this one bit of communication, but this isn't the only thing on her plate communication-wise.

Then, maybe they should have put off posting this until after EA Play?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    SwatmastaSwatmasta Posts: 1 New Member
    I have concerns on the development or the lack there of with the content of the sims 4. I have always been a consumer of the series till the sims 4 came out. The concept is great and can still be great even now with it being half put together. From a guy who usally jumps at a chance to buy a maxis/sims/ea game I find myself looking at the company and its franchises as like I would fast food. Where to go and do I really want it or can I wait to get home.

I dont want it to seem like I am just being a hater or critical of a product because I dont respect the work that goes into it. I have been a consumer of EA for nearly 30yrs. The EA logo when it popped on said "challenge everything" was classic then your game theme music would start and you would get excited. I no longer feel that way. I want this game to be great. I want to look forward to dropping 50 bucks on an expansion or new title. The fan base is hungry and wants to be fed and not fast food games. We want the meat and potatoes with the veggies that we grew up on.

So in short you dont have to be bad. You know how to be sucessful so please be so. Dont just think we will continue to plop money down for a product that simply doesnt make us excited about the games we once loved.
  • Options
    Swatmasta wrote: »
    I have concerns on the development or the lack there of with the content of the sims 4. I have always been a consumer of the series till the sims 4 came out. The concept is great and can still be great even now with it being half put together. From a guy who usally jumps at a chance to buy a maxis/sims/ea game I find myself looking at the company and its franchises as like I would fast food. Where to go and do I really want it or can I wait to get home.

I dont want it to seem like I am just being a hater or critical of a product because I dont respect the work that goes into it. I have been a consumer of EA for nearly 30yrs. The EA logo when it popped on said "challenge everything" was classic then your game theme music would start and you would get excited. I no longer feel that way. I want this game to be great. I want to look forward to dropping 50 bucks on an expansion or new title. The fan base is hungry and wants to be fed and not fast food games. We want the meat and potatoes with the veggies that we grew up on.

So in short you dont have to be bad. You know how to be sucessful so please be so. Dont just think we will continue to plop money down for a product that simply doesnt make us excited about the games we once loved.

That was so well said! First of all, that's basically one of the reasons I stuck to TS3 and never played TS4. I even still have a play-for-free-for-48h version of TS4 that I never downloaded and activated in my Origin account. Second, we have a similar problem with TS3. They kept coming out with new store content nonstop for years, while plenty were extremely buggy (like "Dirty No More"), yet they never even fixed any bugs even from the very first expansion that came out. Then, all in a sudden, they stopped all together to focus on TS4. It’s all a little like overwritting an essay, never rereading nor checking grammar, and then hand it in while you were in the middle of a sentence. Even if it has the potential for a Nobel prize, it will be incomplete and likely filled with typos and grammar mistakes. “My cats likkes sumthing that barks but I forgot how its called. Thiss something need walking. The end.”
    However, most recent Maxis games are like that: unfinished work in progress with great potential (latest Sim City for example).
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited June 2018
    My question is also about Sims 3. The final expansion for TS3 came out in 2013, but many Macs from 2014 cannot even play the game. That's unacceptable. Your loyal Mac customers spent hundreds of dollars on a game that computers a year newer than the game cannot play. This is especially inexcusable given how slow TS3 runs on many older computers. Whenever someone is expressing their frustrations with Sims 4, they're often told that the earlier games are there waiting for them and they can just got back to TS3. But for us Mac players, that's no longer an option. SimGuruDrake told us years ago that they were "looking into" this and we've never heard anything since. How is it ethical to leave thousands of your customers in the lurch after they spend years building up their content for your game with expansions, store purchases, stuff packs, etc., only for the game to become unplayable on their updated computer a year after the game is complete?