Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dog Walking - My sim/pet never returns!!

I have always found that when taking my dog for a walk, it seems to take forever - regardless of length of walk. I have recently found that my sim will walk to the end of her road and stay there. She won't return while she has the dog on a leash. So I have to cancel the walk, and the symbol to say she's got the dog on a leash... But then only my sim comes back!! My dog just stays at the spot where my sim left her, and goes to sleep. I try to call the dog home as well but that only occasionally works.

This issue aside, I have always found that dog walking seems to take forever when she does return home... My sim will go out for hours on end even if I choose short walk. Any ideas? Or people in similar situations?

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Dog walks take forever indeed ! I don't know why it takes so long. To me a short walk would be something like 30 mins, average 1h and long 2h, maybe, that would make more sense.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    Yes, and while my owners pause during the walk their dogs never so much as lift a leg. I only take them for walks now if they come to see me with the leash symbol and then only if I don't have other stuff that needs doing. I always choose short walk which is never short.
  • ItsKiteyyItsKiteyy Posts: 121 Member
    Yes, that makes sense to me too... My dog ends up with the uncomfortable moodlet when we go on a walk because it makes her tired and hungry - every single time. It's so frustrating!