Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animals gone from Brindelton Bay?

Is it just my game, or have the animals disappeared? Yesterday I spent several sim hours in B Bay in several places, and the only dog seen was with its owner by the beach. The only other living beings were a few sims and the ever present seagulls. Come to think of it, sims are sparse, too.

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Mods?
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Are they all dying off and not being replaced?
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    No mods, no CC, no animals. I have no idea what is or is not going on other than what I see. In this case, don't see. Personal suspicion is that a pack or update after C&D broke something. It's happened before.
    Have made at least four visits to Brindelton Bay for the purpose of animal hunting. Other than infinite seagulls I've found one dog and three cats. The visits have been made on random scattered days, in different game saves with different sims. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but the impression I got from the various EA promotions of the pack is that B Bay is liberally supplied with furry folk needing homes. There is no animal shelter in the game, so how (other than via CAS when one makes a new sim/family) can a sim obtain a furry friend? It appears that we were either hornschwaggled or something broke.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Nope they’re very present still
    How plentiful? One cat in the entire 'world' is hardly abundance. I've found more fruit trees to harvest.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I have adopted pets using the phone or computer, can't remember which. I don't usually travel to BB so can't say if animals are scarce.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    I'm playing in Brindleton Bay and have experienced just the opposite. I have significantly more stray pets in my game. I've had to go into Manage Worlds a couple of times to delete them.

Just went into Manage Worlds and there were 4 new pet households.

rnQoy8R.png
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I still see them, and they're all sick.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I don't have any either, I sent my Sim there yesterday to attempt to adopt a stray pet and spent hours there and saw nothing! I have ageing turned off on my game play so it shouldn't be a case of them all dying off.
    Looks like the animals in our games have gone to the other folks' games. Not surprised the strays are sick, being out on their own. Am wondering if this is something to report to someone, or just wait and see.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    I have plenty, have you checked in manage households?
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    edited June 2018
    I see a lot of them. Mostly cats. Several being pets from non-played households that somehow end up as strays ?
    Have checked manage households from time to time as occasion demands. Lots of people sims, very few critters - and those are part of regular households as someone's pet, so don't count as strays. There's a whiskers cat in manage households, but that has appeared only once in my several visits.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited June 2018
    Could the strays have frozen to death?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Is it just my game, or have the animals disappeared? Yesterday I spent several sim hours in B Bay in several places, and the only dog seen was with its owner by the beach. The only other living beings were a few sims and the ever present seagulls. Come to think of it, sims are sparse, too.

To be safe if I were you I'd report it to the ea bug site
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I've not been to BB, but Mayor Whiskers, in my new save, is listed as in Willow Creek. Though I've not seen him.
    More strays in BB..

E78yycg.png

7MT4Rpq.png

F0bMTnS.png
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Aint strays in a hidden household?
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I see a lot of them. Mostly cats. Several being pets from non-played households that somehow end up as strays ?

I noticed that if the Sim is "Not in World", his/her pet will appear as a stray, even though they're considered a household.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • TiffyJasTiffyJas Posts: 2 New Member
    You're not the only one, I came here because of the same issue. I haven't seen a stray pet in any world I've visited and I've only found sims walking their dogs in BB. Has anything changed for you?
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    I never seem to have households generated with pets (but that could be my MCCC settings). However, I have plenty of strays in BB. Maybe try repairing your game?
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
    Could the strays have frozen to death?

Good question, but I don't have Seasons. Don't intend to until serious repairs are made, about the level of making Titanic fit to enter Boston Harbor under her own power. Too many bugs and broken stuff.

Answer in advance, I've no mods nor CC.
    TiffyJas wrote: »
    You're not the only one, I came here because of the same issue. I haven't seen a stray pet in any world I've visited and I've only found sims walking their dogs in BB. Has anything changed for you?

Nope. Viewing it as one more example of stuff for TS4 being like a Florida swamp - full of bugs.
    TiffyJas wrote: »

Nope. Viewing it as one more example of stuff for TS4 being like a Florida swamp - full of bugs.

I've always been curious why something like this would effect one player and not another. I also see a lot of players with the pet queue problem but I've not run into that.

Has the lack of strays been reported and game files uploaded because nothing will be done if the developers aren't aware of the bug.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs