Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! Cursor Not Responding To Select Button (PS4)

I was playing tonight and after a couple of hours of play, I played a household, put the cursor on a bench-top to have a Sim clean it, pressed the Select button and nothing happened. Tried to click on a Sim, nothing happened. Went to play another household, placed the cursor on a Sim and it wouldn't respond when pressing the Select button. Press the touchpad on the controller and you can use the Select button on the corner menus but use the cursor, nothing.

How can I play if the cursor doesn't identify with the "X" button being pressed???
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    @SimGuruNick @SimGuruLegacy can y'all look into this?
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I've had this game ever since November last year and never have I had this problem before, not since a few hours after I downloaded the new patch.

What happened was I noticed that one of my Sims who's naturally slim became chubby with puffy cheeks so I went in CAS and slimmed her back down. Went and played a household just to find out that the character interactions-menu wasn't popping up at all.

Last night after playing a few hours, clicked on the phone icon and it immediately closed again. Earlier in my play session, it stayed open until I closed it.

Also, what I've noticed since two patches ago is that sometimes when I go into CAS and I don't move the cursor away from the "PLAY" button in the bottom corner, it automatically clicks on it itself. I don't even touch the button on the controller.
    2quwd7.gif

• Witchy1974Witchy1974 Posts: 5 New Member
    Same problem here, after the patch
    The issue with the interactions menu not showing has so far only happened once, a few hours after getting the new patch. The issue with the phone not staying on the screen has happened after a few hours each night since the new patch.

Last night I'd been playing for at least several hours and when I clicked on the phone icon, it immediately shut off again, which means Sims are stuck and can't go anywhere.
    2quwd7.gif

The issue with the interactions menu not showing has so far only happened once, a few hours after getting the new patch. The issue with the phone not staying on the screen has happened after a few hours each night since the new patch.

Last night I'd been playing for at least several hours and when I clicked on the phone icon, it immediately shut off again, which means Sims are stuck and can't go anywhere.

I hope the gurus who fix the bugs are looking at this thread. I'd suggest let SimGuruNIck know. He always tells people if they have any issues about a patch to let him know.
    The cursor issue happened last night and it appears it is linked with CAS. Went into it last night to change a Sim's outfits and I couldn't click on them. Managed to do it without the cursor and when I played a household, the cursor wouldn't work.

I'm just thinking whether it happens when you go into CAS from the World Map after playing for a few hours, because two nights ago I accessed it via a Sim going to a drawer and it was still fine afterwards.
    2quwd7.gif

• SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    Thanks for tagging me, we've seen other reports of this and are currently investigating :)
  • SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    Hello @adamclark83 @Witchy1974

Would either of you be willing to share your save files?

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065302

In the meantime, we will continue to investigate this, but your save files may be very helpful to us in our investigation.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    I checked last night. As soon as I started playing I went into CAS to change a SIm's clothing and there was no cursor issue. It must happen after playing the game for several hours.
    2quwd7.gif

• QharlieyghQharlieygh Posts: 2 New Member
    Just started having this problem myself. Any solutions yet?
  • QharlieyghQharlieygh Posts: 2 New Member
    If it helps, the issue started for me right after I received the Introvert trophy. Perhaps something about PS4 achievements triggered the bug? I've tried switching controllers to no avail (so it's not a hardware issue), and I noticed that every other button besides X works in cursor mode. When I switch to menu mode, the X button works just fine.
  • SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    Qharlieygh wrote: »
    If it helps, the issue started for me right after I received the Introvert trophy. Perhaps something about PS4 achievements triggered the bug? I've tried switching controllers to no avail (so it's not a hardware issue), and I noticed that every other button besides X works in cursor mode. When I switch to menu mode, the X button works just fine.

Interesting, thank you for the info. Would you be willing to share your save files, so my team can take a look at them?

If so, instructions are here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065302
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    Did the cursor issue last night. After playing for several hours, went to play another household and in addition to both the loading and world map music playing simultaneously, as soon as the household loaded the cursor wouldn't respond to anything.
    2quwd7.gif

• KayjayeliaKayjayelia Posts: 1 New Member
    I started experiencing this a few days ago, and I have not earned a trophy for over a month.
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    This may not apply at all. But, every time there's a patch, the wrench hider from S4S's AOM causes the clickable buttons and other things clickable to be off-center and sometimes not usable. It's simple to remove it from the mods file. This time I think I'll just live with the CAS wrenches on the cc and forget d/l a new version. Every patch is a Trojan Horse :#
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • anoctopushas_3heartsanoctopushas_3hearts Posts: 1 New Member
    I keep checking this thread just to see if the issue has resolved -_-
    I haven't been able to play for a week because I'm having the same "cursor issue".. Like a few have already described, in the menu I can select (press X) on things no problem but when it comes to gameplay (live mode, CAS, or build mode) I can't interact with anything (press X).
    In build mode I can press ■ on things to use the design tools, or
    This may not apply at all. But, every time there's a patch, the wrench hider from S4S's AOM causes the clickable buttons and other things clickable to be off-center and sometimes not usable. It's simple to remove it from the mods file. This time I think I'll just live with the CAS wrenches on the cc and forget d/l a new version. Every patch is a Trojan Horse :#

This Is the console version were talking about. It won't allow for custom content.
    It did the cursor issue the other night. I had my Sim Kate visit the lounge and from the time she'd left home to the time she arrived, the cursor became unresponsive.
    2quwd7.gif

• ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    I've had this problem a few times over the past few days as well. Only ever started when I go into CAS - if I manage to button mash my way back into the game I can't select anything.
  • tayne95tayne95 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="adamclark83;d-939985"]I was playing tonight and after a couple of hours of play, I played a household, put the cursor on a bench-top to have a Sim clean it, pressed the Select button and nothing happened. Tried to click on a Sim, nothing happened. Went to play another household, placed the cursor on a Sim and it wouldn't respond when pressing the Select button. Press the touchpad on the controller and you can use the Select button on the corner menus but use the cursor, nothing.

How can I play if the cursor doesn't identify with the "X" button being pressed???[/quote]

Same.
  • Intimid8orIntimid8or Posts: 24 Member
    I am having the same issue. This has happened twice today!
    I finally get them to have the baby, and as soon as they all get home, the x button stops working. I’m in live mode, with a new baby, and I cannot interact with anything! Can’t save, can change people, everything seems ok except the select button.
  • PyotrVelikiyPyotrVelikiy Posts: 1 New Member
    This has been happening to me as well. Usually when I return to my house after going to other areas, romance festival, flea Market, etc. The only way to fix it was to save, shut ps4 down and reload the game.
  • ADiTomasoADiTomaso Posts: 1 New Member
    I respectfully ask, is there a patch coming to fix this select button issue?
    ADiTomaso wrote: »
    I respectfully ask, is there a patch coming to fix this select button issue?

They're working on a fix. It takes a while to investigate bugs. Hopefully we'll get a fix in the next console update.
  • SteveTheSimmerSteveTheSimmer Posts: 49 Member
    I'm having quiet alot of issues with the curser and the camera not working. Also if you try using move objects off it stops the right analogue stick from rotating or zooming the camera.