Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which EP should I get next ?

So as the title suggest, I’m hesitating.
I have the base game, Cats and Dogs, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, and several stuff packs, and , while I like them, I’d like to have more gameplay options.

I’m definitely getting Seasons when it’s available. Then I’m hesitating between Get To Work, City Living and Get Together.
Now I have another problem, I play on a MacBook, so I’m afraid if I get too much stuff it won’t be able to run the game correctly. Maybe I’m wrong, but after the Sims 3 I’m careful.

So anyway, what do you guys think ? Which one should I get ?

Comments

• PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Personally I would get City Living but it depends on your play style.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    The EP I use the most at the moment is easily Get Together, with its new sims, Tudor style architecture and the new CAS and BB items. City Living is kind of broken (some elements of it don't work and it can be a bit laggy), but it is gorgeous. Get to Work, I use mostly for aliens, and thats kind of it. I'd have a look at the reviews LGR has done on all 3, and have a look at the CAS and BB overviews, thats how I decide if I'm getting packs now.
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    I play on a MacBook and have the same fear. I have all the EPs except Get Together, Dine Out, Parenthood, Bowling Stuff, Toddler Stuff, and Romantic Garden Stuff. I also have TS3 installed, with only Generations and Pets at this time. I know we have a limited HD space on our Macs compared to most PCs. So far, I've been lucky, though I intend to get a PC desktop eventually. I had been on a long simming break when I bought my Mac for creative reasons and hadn't planned on playing sims at any point in the near future. Then I trialed The Sims 4 last winter during the $9.99 sale, and now I'm hooked again. :open_mouth:
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    @CheesySimsLover What kind of Macbook do you have ? Mine is a MacBook Pro from 2015, the memory is almost full. But it reassures me to read you have more EPs than me and no problem. I have the Sims 3 as well, with Pets and Seasons.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    I would recommend Get Together myself. I love the club system, the nice scenery of Windenburg, and the bonfires! The link below has more detailed information:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/gettogether/
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Get Together is probably going to be lighter on your system than Get to Work or City Living.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    That's an important thing to consider in my case, especially since I intend to get Seasons too and it might be quite heavy.
    Get Together is probably going to be lighter on your system than Get to Work or City Living.

Well I think I'm going for Get Together then.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Excellent choice.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Well I think I'm going for Get Together then.

Hello
    It is great that you are planning on getting Get Together :) This is a link to a guide to the features in the pack, which may help you as you are playing the game.
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-together-guide/
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    @CheesySimsLover What kind of Macbook do you have ? Mine is a MacBook Pro from 2015, the memory is almost full. But it reassures me to read you have more EPs than me and no problem. I have the Sims 3 as well, with Pets and Seasons.

I have a MacBook Air, also 2015.
  • AurialAurial Posts: 53 Member
    Get Together, the cas, depth, and world is amazing!
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I agree with everyone here, Get Together is the best pack
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • RDaanRDaan Posts: 88 Member
    I have a MacBook Pro (early 2015) and I own all of the DLC except for MFP and Spooky Stuff and I’m able to run the game just fine! Get Together is a great pack bur I would also consider City Living! The new build items and the CAS are amazing!
  • NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    I'm between Get Together and City Living
    I now have Get Together, and recently got City Living on sale, I like them both. Also the worlds are beautiful and I use their cas items a lot (City Living has great clothes). I see Get to Work is on sale right now and it could be nice to have it, at least for the new careers and the baking skill. I'm not into aliens that much. But I read lots of comment from people complaining Get to Work was very buggy so I don't know.
  • alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    I now have Get Together, and recently got City Living on sale, I like them both. Also the worlds are beautiful and I use their cas items a lot (City Living has great clothes). I see Get to Work is on sale right now and it could be nice to have it, at least for the new careers and the baking skill. I'm not into aliens that much. But I read lots of comment from people complaining Get to Work was very buggy so I don't know.

Yes I heard it's buggy that's why i didn't buy it. It also doesn't add so much furniture or CAS items.