Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aliens Missing?

Heya Everyone! I have been trying to get my sim abducted but after multiple tries no aliens have appeared.
About 15 sims weeks have gone by but I have only started trying for an abduction in the last sim week.
My sim is level 10 in logic, the home lot has 10+ space rocks and he stargazes every night using the telescope.
I have also reset the town using Nraas thinking maybe there was a glitch, and I have recently downloaded a mod that increases abductions but so far nothing. Am I doing something wrong, am I being too impatient, or is there really a glitch keeping my sims from being abducted?
Any help would be appreciated!!

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    Do you have Seasons EP enabled?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    You have to have seasons for aliens as stated above. i hear if you collect space rocks and put them in your inventory will give you more chance of getting abducted. If you already have 8 sims in your household, this may prevent you from getting abducted or having an alien baby unless you use mods to increase your household
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    One thing that prevents aliens from being able to come and abduct you is if they don't have a vehicle.

If you use a mod like Overwatch that deletes all cars from inactive households, it will unfortunately also delete the UFO from your alien household. The best way around this is to just not let OW delete all cars every day until you no longer need the abductions.

(If you do want to get rid of cars in the meantime, you can use MC "object stats" to remove both versions of used car - the Sloppy Jalopy and the Big Lemon - from the world.)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    Just to clarify here if I may. Overwatch is not intended to delete all cars from inactive households, only those that it "thinks" are abandoned and those that are stacked up behind the scenes, off-screen, that will never be used and never should have spawned in the first place. If you use MC to delete all Jalopies and Lemons, then you would also be deleting such cars from sims who have actually purchased and intended to use them, if you allowed them to purchase the cheap cars to begin with -- many users of NRaas SP (SP Money add-on module) forbid those particular cars to be actually purchased by other residents.

The result is the same with respect to the alien spacecraft vehicle, though. If OW for some reason thinks it's abandoned every time it encounters one during its overnight 3am run, then yes that could be getting in the way. I've never seen this in my own game. If convinced that OW is doing this, I would suggest posting a bug report at NRaas so our developer can take a look and comment.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    My problem is that my SS gets abducted at least 1-2 times every Sim week and I have OW in my game. She even gets abducted when she's at the university in the middle of a keg party... :p She does have a space rock locked up in a safe in her house though as I don't carry it on her. I guess the aliens just enjoy my SS's company so much and they probably just catch up on the local gossip around town... :wink:
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    @igazor - I realised the problem with the cheap cars and using MC/object stats, but personally I never give my Sims those cars. If they must go cheap, they can drive a Twizzy. But you're right that I should have mentioned that.

I had one game where I had the exact same issue as the OP, and there was no UFO in the game. When I removed OW, the aliens got themselves a car two days later, and my Sim was abducted the day after that. When I put OW back in, the UFO was gone again.
    That's when I decided to tell OW to stop deleting cars.

As a side note, I'm already using Traffic so my Sims tend to use taxis rather than buy used cars...

It may be more complicated than I thought, though - maybe it's OW in combination with traffic that is making my aliens use taxis instead of getting their own vehicle?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Many of us also use the OW/Traffic combo. My current game in particular though is not a reliable enough test because I am playing in an urban world where the OW nightly cleanup is at 5am instead of the more standard 3am.

I think our developer at NRaas would be better suited to help sort this out. Oh, and a player here I know of who uses NRaas mods and loves having aliens in play might want to share his experiences.
    @TreyNutz
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited May 2018
    I use OW, have always had OW remove extra cars, and have never had an issue with OW removing the alien cars or preventing abductions. I've had aliens leave the lot after an abduction on a bicycle in university - have no idea if that's OW related or not. TBH I've never checked an alien sim's inventory to see if they even have a car when they are first created by the game. The space car could conceivably be given to them as part of abduction process. In any event, I've never seen a correlation in my game between OW and abductions.
    Heya Everyone! I have been trying to get my sim abducted but after multiple tries no aliens have appeared.
    About 15 sims weeks have gone by but I have only started trying for an abduction in the last sim week.
    My sim is level 10 in logic, the home lot has 10+ space rocks and he stargazes every night using the telescope.
    I have also reset the town using Nraas thinking maybe there was a glitch, and I have recently downloaded a mod that increases abductions but so far nothing. Am I doing something wrong, am I being too impatient, or is there really a glitch keeping my sims from being abducted?
    Any help would be appreciated!!

There are a few missteps here: First, logic level is irrelevant as far as I can tell. Second, space rocks on the lot don't increase abduction chances. Having 5 or more space rocks will increase the chances an alien will visit the lot to scan objects and hang out for 1-2 hrs. That's not an abduction.

What I know about abduction odds:

The active household has a 1% chance of an abduction each night. The chance is for the active household. When an abduction occurs the game randomly picks an eligible sim in the active household to be abducted. In my games the sim must be awake (if everyone is asleep then I don't get an abduction). It doesn't matter who in the household acquires abduction bonus odds (see below). The bonus odds are also for the active household. The abduction period is 12 midnight-3am. The bonus odds last through the next abduction period.

Any use of the telescope adds bonus odds of 14% for an abduction occurring (again for the household, not for that particular sim). I usually have a child sim use the telescope during the day so they can discover a star and get a conversation option. I think using the telescope during the abduction period is fine, I just prefer to get that done before midnight.

The main driver of abductions is collecting space rocks. Each space rock collected by anyone in the active household adds bonus odds of 15% for each space rock - up to a total of 60% bonus odds from collecting space rocks. So, doing the math you can figure that collecting 4 space rocks in one day will maximize the bonus odds from space rocks. If you can't find 4 space rocks a day, you can add space rock spawners to community lots around town and have your sims collect those. You don't need to analyze or even keep the space rocks. Just collecting them is enough.

Putting that all together: 1% base odds + 14% from telescope + 60% from collecting 4 space rocks = 75% maximum abduction chance that night.

If an abduction doesn't occur that night, then you'll need to repeat the telescope and rock collecting if you want to maximize the chances again. If you decide to to rely only on the telescope, then just keep trying. A 15% chance should hit eventually. Collecting a space rock or 4 will help though.

Lastly, I cannot get abductions to occur in households which have infants, toddlers, and/or children with just one abduction eligible sim taking care of them. You need at least 2 abduction eligible sims in households with infants, toddlers, and/or children. An abduction eligible sim is generally any sim teen or older who is not an alien. So basically, if you have a single parent raising children or younger, the game won't abduct from that household - you'll need to move someone else in or wait until there's a teen in the household.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • KyarameruAiKyarameruAi Posts: 3 New Member
    (I know I'm extremely late but I might as well say this anyways) If you can't find any way to get one and you really want an alien you just try doing CTRL+SHIFT+C, type in "testingcheatsenabled true", shift click on your mailbox and click "make me know everyone", and then go to your relationships tab, look for an alien, click on their profile and then click on "invite sim over". This doesn't always work though and it's a lot more complicated, fills up your relationship tab and could freeze your PC if it can't handle it, but it's still worth as a last-resort try.