March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story Progression Mod?

Is it possible to get a story progression mod without getting the entirity of MCCC or something of the likes? I've heard MCCC really slows down game play, but I'd really like for my unplayed sims to procreate and marry off.

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    MCCC has modules, not all of them are required. The ones related to story progression are the pregnancy and population ones. I don't know if there are other mods that have the same functionality, but even if there were, I can't imagine it slowing the game down any less (assuming it even does slow it down, my game plays the same whether I have it or not).
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    is there a special place I need to download MCCC from? I've seen this pop up a couple times and would like to give it a try
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • HuffleFluffStuffHuffleFluffStuff Posts: 29 Member
    As far as I know, you just need to visit deaderpool's tumblr. He is the one who develops MCCC, so his links are always safe and updated !
    FB-final-trailer-niffler-slide.gif
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    You can download it and get info on all the modules at the dev's website. Just click the download tab to get the most recent version and then for information click the documentation tab. It will explain what each module does and what the different settings are. You have to have the MC Command Center module installed as it is the heart of the mod. But all the others are optional so you can customize it to your play style. :)
    http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#Top

• outcastsimmeroutcastsimmer Posts: 45 Member
    I miss story progression in TS3, i’ve tried MCC but I got too confused & deleted it bc all the townies started getting pregnant and my sim ended up being alone.
    You can download it and get info on all the modules at the dev's website. Just click the download tab to get the most recent version and then for information click the documentation tab. It will explain what each module does and what the different settings are. You have to have the MC Command Center module installed as it is the heart of the mod. But all the others are optional so you can customize it to your play style. :)

Once I have downloaded MCCC and it's in my downloads, do I just need to do what you do for CC? Just drag it to the mods folder? Or do I need to do something else?

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

Once I have downloaded MCCC and it's in my downloads, do I just need to do what you do for CC? Just drag it to the mods folder? Or do I need to do something else?

definitely read the "help" section of the website for information about installation.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Cupid wrote: »

definitely read the "help" section of the website for information about installation.

Okay, thank you

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    With mc command centre you need to read all the settings before messing around with it. I didn’t at first and my whole town was over run with babies lol

Also the no culling option is a life saver!!!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Is there a no time progression mod? That game feature has killed my rotational saves.
  • Euripides67Euripides67 Posts: 55 Member
    > @outcastsimmer said:
    > I miss story progression in TS3, i’ve tried MCC but I got too confused & deleted it bc all the townies started getting pregnant and my sim ended up being alone.

That can happen quickly. You can tweak the settings in MCC and by default it's only the adults (not young adults) who get married off/knocked up by MCC. If you start as a young adult you have a good chance of finding a suitable mate before they get snapped up. I know what you mean though, there's always that one you spot that is married with 3 kids by the time you meet them!