Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sleeping trouble?

My sims don't seem to be sleeping well anymore. Every time I send them to bed they get up 2 hours later still tired. Now, I thought this might have to do with the MCCC mod, but upon further research it might be to do with the cats and dogs expansion, and according to other users it only happens for the first family they loaded since installing the expansion. Removing mods and repairing didn't help them. I'm probably going to start a new household and see if it affects them too. In the mean time it might be worth looking into whats going on since it's an issue I've noticed a lot of people have. I don't know since I'm not a programmer, but it might have something to do with the buff_Sim_WakeupInXHoursHidden hidden buff being activated every time they go to sleep regardless. It could be, I don't know though. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this and have a good day.

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    From what I've seen, most of the time it's just people's pets waking their sims up. It's an intended behavior that they're supposed to be trained out of. Does the household in question have pets, and can they sleep without pets in the home?
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    From what I've seen, most of the time it's just people's pets waking their sims up. It's an intended behavior that they're supposed to be trained out of. Does the household in question have pets, and can they sleep without pets in the home?
    @Cupid Interesting, I didn't know that. Well, they do have pets. I'll try training them out of it. I'll do some experimenting and see.
    Do I just scold them whenever they wake up prematurely or?
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Assimulo wrote: »
    @Cupid Interesting, I didn't know that. Well, they do have pets. I'll try training them out of it. I'll do some experimenting and see.

Yup, there should be an option to discipline the behavior. I've read that it can even happen when the pets aren't in the same room as the sleeping sims (That part might be the actual bug)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Assimulo wrote: »

Yup, there should be an option to discipline the behavior. I've read that it can even happen when the pets aren't in the same room as the sleeping sims (That part might be the actual bug)

@Cupid I see, I had a sim scold the cat and and the other sim was able to sleep until his energy was full. Hopefully this continues. Ugh, BAD KITTY! It was driving me nuts until you told me that they can wake sims up. And yeah, the cat wasn't in the room with them so that might be the real problem. Thanks Cupid, I appreciate it!
    Post edited by Assimulo on
  • Options
    GasolineCreaGasolineCrea Posts: 135 Member
    I've been having this problem too, but I thought it was because she used to be a vampire. She can sleep on couches, in coffins, etc etc, but not in a bed. She's not a vampire anymore, but I got a moodlet about "old bones being hard to rest" from "previous vampire lifestyle", so...They do have a dog, however, so I'll see if it's him.
    So many sorcerers ~
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I don't know if you've managed to resolve this issue but if they have woken up your sims and you go to click on them there should be an interaction of "lecture about waking"

or if you have child sims - there's a monster under the bed situation, your child wakes up, then goes down or up to wake up a parent sim to spray said monster and wont sleep until they are less scared
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I don't know if you've managed to resolve this issue but if they have woken up your sims and you go to click on them there should be an interaction of "lecture about waking"

or if you have child sims - there's a monster under the bed situation, your child wakes up, then goes down or up to wake up a parent sim to spray said monster and wont sleep until they are less scared

@PastelMermaid Yeah the issue is resolved, but that monster under the bed sure is annoying. I might use the MCCC mod to turn it off after I figure out what happens if you successfully talk to it.
    Post edited by Assimulo on
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    There is a nightlight you can use to stop that interaction without having to resort to mods. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    There is a nightlight you can use to stop that interaction without having to resort to mods. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head.

@Tremayne4260
    Good I'll do that then, thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    Welcome :)
  • Options
    Welcome :)

You can use a nightlight to stop the monster under the bed?

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    It's the "Coolala, The Defender Wall Light". It's found under lights in the wall lights section. It looks like three hamsters.
  • Options
    It's the "Coolala, The Defender Wall Light". It's found under lights in the wall lights section. It looks like three hamsters.

And it keeps the monster away?! Is so this is going to be a complete game changer!

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    Yes, it works. I've had in all my kid's rooms since I discovered this and it works.