Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've lost my Roaring Heights :(

So, a million years ago I bought Roaring Heights, my favorite world. This week, I finally uploaded all my Sims 3 content onto my new laptop except it says I don't own Roaring Heights. It took my three days to get logged into the store, and it says I don't own it but I do because I've been playing it for ages on my old laptop. Anyway, I contacted EA and they said unless I have the code (which I don't since I directly downloaded it) or proof of purchase (I bought it when it first came out, so that's been what? A few years at least), then I'm pretty much screwed and have to rebuy it. I don't want to spend $20 for something I already own, but that looks like that's what I'm going to have to do. Ugh.
I'm a WoW playing, Doctor Who watching, Harry Potter reading, fan fiction writing simmer who is without a doubt a geek (and sometimes a super hero).

My wishlist

Comments

• Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    that's so unfortunate, next time if you get emailed a code or something I would flag it so you know where it is or keep a note on your phone or computer of the date you purchased it and a screenshot of a paypal transaction or receipt you get
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    that's so unfortunate, next time if you get emailed a code or something I would flag it so you know where it is or keep a note on your phone or computer of the date you purchased it and a screenshot of a paypal transaction or receipt you get
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Have you looked through your purchase history? I recently needed to re-download onto a new computer, and when I looked at worlds on the Store pages, it indicated I owned neither Roaring Heights nor Dragon Valley, and I definitely own both. Apparently, I had bought them through Origin, and they don't show up as purchased on the Store pages in that case. My purchase history is long, so I had a lot of pages to go through, but I did eventually find both and was able to download from there. Just thought I'd mention it in case you're in the same situation.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread