Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Empty a game completely?

This game I downloaded specific Sims (mainly all the Sims from Maxis packs and demos plus a few others) and filled the game with.
The next game I was thinking of doing the opposite: Delete every. single. sim. before starting.

...Well almost. You can't delete the Goths. That would be... horrible.

Anyone else playing this way? I assume I will have to go and edit a lot of households because well... Albino Japanese people with identical names will be created.
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    I stopped by primarily to see what your post was about. I have to say, no I don't delete Sims. I've only just begun to edit the neighborhoods. I created a template of sorts, so that should I need to restart my saves again, it won't take hours or even days to get things going again. Back in Sims2, I finally got brave enough to create my own neighborhood and I built the houses myself. Then I populated it with families I created in CAS. But, I've never really had the urge to delete the Townies.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    An alternative, since the genetics of the auto-gen sims are so borked, I guess would be to delete all sims, then just download random sims from the gallery to populate the world...
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    In some saves I do this... especially larger ones where I plan to rotate households. Since the total number of sims can add to problems I usually wipe them if there is a reason too. Then I go in and weed out townies too now and then.
    egTcBMc.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I delete everyone. I don't like any of the premades. Plus I have this weird thing about seeing the same sims in my game existing in other peoples' games and stories, etc, so I just get rid of them and put my own in. For me it just makes my game feel more personalized, I guess.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    This game I downloaded specific Sims (mainly all the Sims from Maxis packs and demos plus a few others) and filled the game with.
    The next game I was thinking of doing the opposite: Delete every. single. sim. before starting.

Anyone else playing this way? I assume I will have to go and edit a lot of households because well... Albino Japanese people with identical names will be created.

I've got a current save with this strategy. I only left the two ghost pets from Brindleton Bay but deleted everyone else (yes, including the Goths!). I put in some of my own Sims that I've played in the past and were in my Library, and downloaded some interesting looking families from the Gallery and put them into houses. I gave them all jobs just so they wouldn't get employed as mixologists or food cart sellers (I really want a Self-Employed designation!), and grabbed a bunch of singles from the Gallery to help fill some of those spots (leaving them in Not In World unless one of my Sims gets romantically involved). I'm still getting some of the weird townie generation, but most of them have been for Selvadorada so they've got more of a South American influence. (I wish there was a way to keep the Selvadoradans out of the home worlds but I guess they need a vacation themselves.) I just go in and to the occasional CAS tuneup, or delete if they're really horrendous. Next I need to move a few of my households to more suitable houses (maybe see what I can find on the Gallery in terms of Midcentury Modern) and do a bit more house filling; my worlds are still way too empty.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    My plan is basically:
    Leave the ghost couple in the mansion. Leave the Goths. Leave Vlad (the game will generate another master vampire otherwise). Delete everyone else and except for my main Sim everybody will be randomly downloaded from the gallery.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Thou mustest NOT delete Bob Pancakes. It is forbidden.
  • ArsenGirlArsenGirl Posts: 89 Member

I've never deleted my Sims, but I've deleted all the buildings and gave myself a save file that is completely empty. I use that whenever I need a fresh start.
    -Heather
    EA Game Changer - Sims Lover
    YouTube & Instagram - ArsenGirlGaming / Gallery - ArsenGirl / Gamertag - ArsenGirl / Twitter - ArsenGirl
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I usually delete everyone and then download two young adult, two teen and two kid townie families to be the townies of the neighborhood....since City Living the only Sims my game seems to generate are Asian looking Sims and while I enjoy the diversity I don't want all the townies to be Asian.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I only do to a very limited extent. At this point, I have gotten rid of a few premade sims that I don't like.
    Lots are limited in this game, so I am in the process of merging a few households, especially those consisting of one person.
    If I reach the maximum number of sims, I will get rid of some premade sims so I can proceed making my own (or downloading from gallery).

I like having a bustling city, so I would have no reason to mass delete sims, unless I had an adequate amount of sims to replace them.
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
    I delete EVERYONE, and use my blank renamed world save file. Along with NPC Control to stop new sims being generated, and MC Command Center to get rid of vamps, I then fill my world with sims from the gallery (usually silrosse's) and so long as I have enough, and I'm close to the set sim limit in game, I NEVER get any new sims spawning.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I delete EVERYONE, and use my blank renamed world save file. Along with NPC Control to stop new sims being generated, and MC Command Center to get rid of vamps, I then fill my world with sims from the gallery (usually silrosse's) and so long as I have enough, and I'm close to the set sim limit in game, I NEVER get any new sims spawning.

How do you stop new Sims being generated?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    I've done it before, but in most games I just keep things the same.
    Right now I'm working on completely overhauling all the worlds, lots and families both, with my own creations.
    I'm not very far along, but I've been having fun with it.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I do that a lot of time. I'm not that fond of TS4's premade Sims and I wouldn't want to have the exact same Sims in every save, so I put different Sims each time.

I may play a save with only the premades someday.
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I've never deleted anyone because it's too much work.. lol.
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    My current save I have all the premades deleted. They had to go. I am very slowly rebuilding Every single town. I am enjoying the process. With randomly generated townies I usually go on a major delete/edit spree. Usually if I fix the things that annoy me about townies they can stick around. Keeps things interesting for me.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I have only one save I play religiously where I have kept everyone, so far, and have played a lot of the housed premades. I did kill off Lobo (didn't like him) though and the Fyres guy burned to death (NOT MY FAULT!!!).

I've been toying with the idea to create a save and delete all the premades and then populate it with my Sim(s) and Sims from the gallery. I've even been thinking of recreating (or get them from the gallery) the old Sims from Sims 3 or even Sims 2.
  • midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member

With NPC Control from mod the sims. It uses your current sims, instead of spawning new ones.

Ok, started over according to plan. Meaning I donwloaded about 100 sims more or less randomly and left them "not in world".

Obersvations (i run MC Commander):
    1. Game stutters like heck the first two or so game days because both SIms and MC Commander is trying to assign Sims to work places as well as clubs etc.

2. It still sprouted a number of random sims. My solution (unless they actually looked okay, in which case I just improved their clothing) was to edit household, download a bunch of sims into that household, delete the original and rename the household to something fitting.

3. After a week everybody that could fit anywhere was randomly moved in by MC Commander. I am standing by checking every sim morning if the game has generated new townies and if it has add 2-8 of freshly downloaded ones instead.
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I delete all of the premades before I start any new save. Then I bulldoze all those lots, replace them with my own builds and move in my Sims from my gallery.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I remove all Sims redo the world's cheat with freerealestate to move Sims into larger houses. Then I play by rotation. I play one family per real life day. I get houses off the gallery sometimes or I just rebuild what is there and sometimes i build a house. It just depends on my feelings that day. I do one young family one older family and one elder family. I then make a single female a single male a male with a pet a female with pets. Then I make an elder family and adult family with pets. I make Ltgb couples each age group. Family wth one child family with more children. Etc. I do this random from CAS I make married unmarried etc. None of my families are the same and I try to use all traits. Then I play.

One observation I have made:
    With everything emptied and "set up from scratch" with new random Sims, MCC give FAR lesser errors than with a vanilla game (MCCommander is the ONLY mod I use). With a vanilla game, fresh out of the box, MCC give one or two exception errors per Sim day AT MINIMUM, So far I have had one (1) error in 1.5 sim weeks!
  • MoonsKisuMoonsKisu Posts: 97 Member

With NPC Control from mod the sims. It uses your current sims, instead of spawning new ones.

I seem to still have sims spawning even though I've got it set not to. So frustrating. Spend half my play time giving townies make overs.
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    MoonsKisu wrote: »

I seem to still have sims spawning even though I've got it set not to. So frustrating. Spend half my play time giving townies make overs.

You do have to have a base level of sims to do some of the jobs using it. Also did you use the most updated version? It got updated not long ago.
  • simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    I've got three saves going on: One (the original) has a mix of pre-mades and my sims, the second has only pre-mades and the third has no pre-mades. The first is the one I play the most.