Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else miss sending your sim to College?

Comments

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I think University will come in a GP.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I do as well. I'm hoping we get a University something, be it an EP or a GP. I'm down for that. And Vacations.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Mycatjake1Mycatjake1 Posts: 61 Member
    I don't have University Life for TS3 yet, but I really want it. I want to be able to send my sims to college.
  • Beena0721Beena0721 Posts: 82 Member
    I'm thrilled we're getting seasons next, but I really hope some version of University is coming soon after it.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I hope univeristy is next after seasons. Its the last pack i need to feel complete haha.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I dont miss it. But if the reveal of university is as awesome as seasons, it could be cool.
  • RegulusWarbeckRegulusWarbeck Posts: 4 New Member
    Oh man! University is my favorite expansion - really hoping we get it.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Cant say I miss it one of my least favorite packs in the past right there with anything Supernatural.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Loved the uni pack with Sesons it was brilliant what was really cool was the frat party’s and stuff. The first time my sim left uni I felt like I felt when I left uni IRL sad but happy and knowing that I will never get to party as hard as I partyed in uni.
    I miss it
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    There is a mod that puts in a University career with a lot of different degrees you can get. Plus, it does boost you up 3 career levels depending on what degree you picked.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited May 2018
    If TS4 got Uni, it would be nice that the Sims could probably go home on the weekends. Or they could attend classes from home.

But, as always, I would worry about losing time with the other Sims when the YAs are at school. It's so hard deciding which Sim to go with when you want/need to do something with them all. Perhaps, it will be treated like a destination world? I think time is supposed to freeze back home when on vacation?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2018
    Cynna wrote: »
    If TS4 got Uni, it would be nice that the Sims could probably go home on the weekends. Or they could attend classes from home.

But, as always, I would worry about losing time with the other Sims when the YAs are at school. It's so hard deciding which Sim to go with when you want/need to do something with them all. Perhaps, it will be treated like a destination world? I think time is supposed to freeze back home when on vacation?

How would they lose time with other Sims? Time has always been frozen on the home lot while students are away and you can still at least call them to keep up relationships - I don't see them changing this. It would be madness to change that formula! And if they carry on from how they changed the basics of Uni in TS3, any YA/Adult or Elder Sim will be able to attend Uni - not just the YAs.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    edited May 2018
    Anmirla wrote: »

How would they lose time with other Sims? Time has always been frozen on the home lot while students are away and you can still at least call them to keep up relationships - I don't see them changing this. It would be madness to change that formula! And if they carry on from how they changed the basics of Uni in TS3, any YA/Adult or Elder Sim will be able to attend Uni - not just the YAs.

As I said, because of how TS4 is built, it may be possible that Uni isn't an isolated world this time around. I don't know.

In a way, I would like it, because it means that students could still go to Uni while remaining at home. There were mods for this in TS3 and it worked well. Students could still remain active members of their families, rather than be tucked away in an alternate universe until school was over. It worked well because TS3 had an open world. It wouldn't have worked as well in a closed world like TS4.

Yet, TS4 has never quite done anything as expected. It's entirely possible that a Uni world would be open for all Sims to come and go, because that's the theme of the game this time around. (Aren't Selvadoradan native Sims wandering the home worlds, even though they're supposed to be tied to a destination world?) As such, I'm concerned about what happens to family members while a student is in class.

It's the same dilemma that happens with open careers. Yet, EA seems to be very fond of those as well.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2018

As I said, because of how TS4 is built, it may be possible that Uni isn't an isolated world this time around. I don't know.

In a way, I would like it, because it means that students could still go to Uni while remaining at home. There were mods for this in TS3 and it worked well. Students could still remain active members of their families, rather than be tucked away in an alternate universe until school was over. It worked well because TS3 had an open world. It wouldn't have worked as well in a closed world like TS4.

Yet, TS4 has never quite done anything as expected. It's entirely possible that a Uni world would be open for all Sims to come and go, because that's the theme of the game this time around. (Aren't Selvadoradan native Sims wandering the home worlds, even though they're supposed to be tied to a destination world?) As such, I'm concerned about what happens to family members while a student is in class.

It's the same dilemma that happens with open careers. Yet, EA seems to be very fond of those as well.

Yeah...I see your point now. They could completely screw it up, couldn't they?
    I certainly hope not. They need to stick with what has worked and not try to overcomplicate the system. :/

I absolutely hate how when you transfer between Sims in different places, the actions you selected drop from the queue. Especially when you have a Sim leave when all the others are sleeping and when that Sim comes back, everyone has to be put back to bed.
    Yeah, this could become a real mess if they change the formula.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif

Yeah...I see your point now. They could completely screw it up, couldn't they?
    I certainly hope not. They need to stick with what has worked and not try to overcomplicate the system. :/

I absolutely hate how when you transfer between Sims in different places, the actions you selected drop from the queue. Especially when you have a Sim leave when all the others are sleeping and when that Sim comes back, everyone has to be put back to bed.
    Yeah, this could become a real mess if they change the formula.

Oy.

I have a long list of grievances with this game and what you have just described is probably in my top five. It really bugs the heck out of me.

Yeah, the trust is pretty much gone for me. Out of necessity, my expectations get lower and lower with each pack. (Possibly no beaches in a Seasons pack?) Who know what they'll do to Uni, but there's always something that confuses and/or disappoints me.

::crotchety grumbling ensues::
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Waaaay back in September 2014 I made a group of teens who all want to go to Uni when the time comes. Just like I did in Sims 3 and Sims 2.

Still waiting....
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I hope univeristy is next after seasons. Its the last pack i need to feel complete haha.

Yeah, I hope it is next :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Waaaay back in September 2014 I made a group of teens who all want to go to Uni when the time comes. Just like I did in Sims 3 and Sims 2.

Still waiting....

Me too. I have oodles of teens in a save in a back up folder just waiting to go to college. I refuse to play those saves any further until I have a University.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited May 2018
    P.S you can also get trashed plum (drunk) and get hangover.
    Drugs could be a thing but that's a bit too edgy?

I think the bubble machine from city living is supposed to be like a drug, also one of herbs from granite falls makes them dazed, I think elderberry but I could be wrong there.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I missed it at first and then didn’t care anymore once I got deeper into the game. Now that we’re getting seasons and holidays though I want it again. I’d love to have my college kids come home for certain holidays.
  • rachelh88playerrachelh88player Posts: 146 Member
    I really miss it! It was one of my favorite packs (more in The Sims 3 than 2 to be honest) and I'd love to see it return to The Sims 4. I loved the boost up the career ladder after a degree too, the new careers, the social groups and CAS and build/buy items. This or a Island Paradise/Summer Vacation type pack are what I would like to see next after Seasons.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited May 2018
    I thought University in TS3, had a nice campus and world. I don’t miss that in order to really do well though you had to spend a majority of the time studying for long hours and then had to go a rabbit hole for more hours. Depending how long you chose your courses you could easily miss out in the world. I sometimes sent my sim back there just to enjoy herself.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2018
    I really miss it! It was one of my favorite packs (more in The Sims 3 than 2 to be honest) and I'd love to see it return to The Sims 4. I loved the boost up the career ladder after a degree too, the new careers, the social groups and CAS and build/buy items. This or a Island Paradise/Summer Vacation type pack are what I would like to see next after Seasons.

Oh I actually loved Sims 2 version of Uni the best - as building a Greek House and having rad week-end toga parties with bands and rappers - and using Sentry bots to keep out the bad evil cow mascot was a riot. Granted I do love the going to the class rooms on campus in Sims 3 though but if they could combine Sims 3 going to classes with Sims 2 living outside of dorm and building ones own Greek houses and living on campus like Sims 2 had - but let them go home for summer and holidays - I'd be in heaven. Also we need the bots back especially building sentry bots. I totally love those things so much I keep going back to play sims 2 just for them alone. LOL. Nothing ever has beaten the Sims 2 sentry bots.

I absolutely want no part of a Community college. You might as well still be in High School. I call Community college without dorms and campus living - college prep school - not college in my book. It's a whole other world actually attending University and living in dorms for the first year - and finally joining a Fraternity or Sorority or Greek House or even renting a Uni apartment off campus in the college town - is a huge part of what University is all about - outside of the education. It is just not the same experience to go to Community College and live at home. So I personally hope if they offer Community college - they also will offer full University experience or no point in getting University. Might as well use College on line or a pre-tend University mod seeing the game does not really recognize it like it does actual programmed packs.

Keep in mind I never use a mod during development of a game anyway. Nor will I recommend them while the game is in development.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2018
    I want it all and want to experience all the packs the hardest University pack for me was Sims 2 University in which my Sims barely got any sleep but it still was fun. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    Yes!! hopefully university is next!