Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What house are your sims living in?

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@paneinger I love that game karma at times! You will have to show us with the new additions.

@Amphora I do basements as well if I don't want to mess up a roof line. I'm still not great at roofing.

@OriginalMara I like your sims house and love the roofing over the decks. I watched a video recently on the wrap around decking roofs, but, haven't tried it in game yet.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2018
    Now I am not the best builder but this is my house.Has been feeling a bit cramped lately with a wife,3 kids and one on the way.Just feels like I have no privacy.

GLHTmBb.png

td39WDm.jpg

:D:D:D

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited May 2018
    I think you got the award for the best decorated 1x1 house. but it definitely must get a little cramped in there. :D If it's any consolation, the kids could sleep out in the yard. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer You mean like this?

dyz7YcQ.jpg

Whatever, it's not like they'll remember.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2018
    @puzzlezaddict :D That is just wrong on so many levels.Imagine in real life your nosy neighbor looks out the window and sees babies on the ground at night under a sprinkler.You would be on a episode of C.O.P.S and Lifetime channel movies made about your cruel family.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member

dyz7YcQ.jpg

Saves on bath time.
    edited May 2018
    Now I am not the best builder but this is my house.Has been feeling a bit cramped lately with a wife,3 kids and one on the way.Just feels like I have no privacy.

GLHTmBb.png

:D:D:D
    Cozy!
    That house is a perfect place that would be conducive towards family togetherness.

Both figurative and literally.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @CravenLestat I prefer to think I'm helping them build character... or at least giving them an impressive pile of material for their nascent writing careers. Novels/screenplays/reality TV shows about ridiculously messed up families never seem to go out of style. Just think, in 25-30 years I could make a killing optioning their rights. The Real Housewives of Sunset Valley? Keeping Up with the Shallows? The Bachelor? (Oh wait, living out a townwide version of that show is what got my sims into this trouble in the first place.)
    Amphora wrote: »
    Saves on bath time.
    See? My sims are good parents, always looking to conserve their time and resources so that they have more of both to devote to the kids. Or at least that's what they'll tell the social worker.
    edited May 2018
    See? My sims are good parents, always looking to conserve their time and resources so that they have more of both to devote to the kids. Or at least that's what they'll tell the social worker.
    S’okay.
    The kids in my sim family live on a diet mainly consisting of snowcones.

And that includes the adults.
    tumblr_ow5ci8UwZu1veh5pko2_500.jpg
    I think the fact that it’s yellow snow makes it worse.

But since he’s a merman I like to think that eating snowcones adds more flavor to him, since I often see him harassed by the bear population in my game.
    tumblr_inline_owe70eJe9s1uuv3da_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_owe74t7M9M1uuv3da_500.jpg
    Just like in nature, those bears are after those fish filets. The circle of life :D
    edited May 2018
    GLHTmBb.png
    dyz7YcQ.jpg
    Saves on bath time.
    Cozy!
    That house is a perfect place that would be conducive towards family togetherness.
    Both figurative and literally.
    @CravenLestat I prefer to think I'm helping them build character... or at least giving them an impressive pile of material for their nascent writing careers. Novels/screenplays/reality TV shows about ridiculously messed up families never seem to go out of style. Just think, in 25-30 years I could make a killing optioning their rights. The Real Housewives of Sunset Valley? Keeping Up with the Shallows? The Bachelor? (Oh wait, living out a townwide version of that show is what got my sims into this trouble in the first place.)
    Saves on bath time.

I'm dying laughing. You're all hilarious. :D

3b4dc2ae6d0d04f6e1e3adf691941ee6.png

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    @bekkasan -- Thank you. :) Roofs really are not my strong point, so it's nice to hear they look okay. :)
    edited May 2018
    @OriginalMara
    You did a great job translating the house from blueprints to the game! I love how it turned out. And it looks so cozy during winter too :)

As for adding a basement to a foundation’d house, ugh, I can so relate. I remember doing that once a few years back and it made me so frustrated.

If I remember right, you have to clear a 2x4 or larger foundation space (so you have only solid ground) by deleting the foundation around where you want the stairs. Then place the stairs from the basement and then go up a level and place another set of stairs from the existing foundation to the cleared solid ground surrounding the new stair leading to the basement.

And in addition to all this you have to use the constrainfloorelevations cheat which is a pain in and of itself. My attempts at instructions are very likely confusing so feel free to ignore them since it’s been years since my last attempt :p

But you’ll probably get it better than me. I’ve no patience when it comes to certain things in the game. However, one thing I do remember is spiral staircases are easiest to use when building a basement on a house with existing foundations. :)
    edited May 2018
    @Amphora -- Haha thanks! :) I'll have to get the interior shots so the floor plan is more visible.

I have already looked at multiple YT vids and other instructions, made at least a half dozen attempts, ugh. But I hope to keep trying! (I'd rather add a basement than a third story. :lol:)
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited May 2018
    There was a tutorial on the old forum that I had bookmarked, and every time I wanted to put a basement in an existing house on a foundation, I would look it up. Then they deleted the old forum, and I could never find it in this forum. But I found that I had done it enough times I was able to remember, once I got started. It's not too hard, but it sometimes doesn't cooperate very well.

With the house I showed earlier in this thread, the two story house with the stable, I had to plot out where I was going to put the foundation, and make the basement and its stairs first, because the game refused to allow me to put the stairs in when there was foundation anywhere near it. Even after bulldozing half the foundation, it still wouldn't allow it. So I had to start over on a new empty lot.
  • harmonia_nectere7harmonia_nectere7 Posts: 33 Member

8VzUxAo.jpg
    0mufmND.jpg
    n5PAgvg.jpg
    u5I8IuM.jpg

My fairy legacy house and a few of my favorite rooms
    My fairy legacy house and a few of my favorite rooms
    Lovely! :o
    I love the rooms you showed. Especially all the clutter pillows on the bed. All this CC I see in this thread makes me want to become a CC addict again. Clutter is the best :p
  • JoshuaSims_JoshuaSims_ Posts: 10 New Member
    im lazy so i just let em live in pre-built houses lol
  • harmonia_nectere7harmonia_nectere7 Posts: 33 Member
    Lovely! :o
    I love the rooms you showed. Especially all the clutter pillows on the bed. All this CC I see in this thread makes me want to become a CC addict again. Clutter is the best :p
    Thank you!! CC is the best agreed! I can't live without the clutter :D
    edited May 2018
    @IreneSwift -- I know. But I would hate to start over, so I've been trying to make it work with my current home. If I can't get a basement, it's okay... I just would prefer it haha. When the triplets grow up, it's going to be a cramped house haha.

A while back I had been thinking of moving the family (before the babies had come). But I have just grown too attached to this house now... It even takes awhile for me to even redecorate a portion! :lol:
    I want to be able to rebuild a slightly fancier house than this... (this one was mine from when I first started playing Sims 3 in January of 2017.

Screenshot-4.jpg
    I went all out on the landscaping and created an island in the middle of the lot. :mrgreen:

Screenshot.jpg
    I didn't think to "bin" the lot. So the only thing that I can try to do is recreate it... ~sigh~ that was an oasis in the middle of Sunset Valley. :D

GYZ6Ak9.png
    @JoshuaSims_
    I pretty much do the same thing from time to time. But then I find myself renovating the premade house until it’s fit to my specifications... :o:p

@Nikkei_Simmer
    Holy cow that was one of your first houses you built? That’s a million times better than when I first started out!

Mine only looked like giant shoeboxes with windows and a door. I still have no imagination to make my own because I mostly follow online blueprints. Otherwise my sims would still be in those boxes :D
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited May 2018
    Becky, Light and family are in this build of mine, sorry about the cruddy picture.

42267391111_6bc8bee7e4_c.jpg

My other family are in a very expanded version of Connor and Jared's house (not my build just my expansion)

27396824307_7b28396eeb_c.jpg

:smiley:
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    @Charlottesmom your expansion of the frio house is awesome!

I love all the houses in here, im currently on mobile but ill have to post my sims beach villa science lab.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
    Yeah, I've lost what little is left of my mind.

Screenshot-3.jpgScreenshot-4.jpgScreenshot-5.jpgScreenshot-6.jpgScreenshot-7.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2018
    How Fun! Lovely And Interesting builds. :heart:

I chose her house for the view. It's just such a wonderful sight to wake up seeing. Plus the neighbors are so friendly.

2QMGAYr.jpg

qfuOEM9.jpg

I put a lot of effort in this starter house. ;)
    K8RiezJ.jpg